Sign in to follow this  
HeartofDavid

Purchased MAAM Dc-3/R4D/C-47 but no Gauges show up

Hi Guys, I bought the R4D yesterday (having previously bought both earlier releases on cd-rom) and have similar problems using windows 7 64bit with FSX in default location. I HAVE got altimeters in the R4D-6 in both VC and 2D but not in any of the other aircraft's VC ie only in the 2D panels.

Having looked in the panel file for each aircraft, all the models have their panels aliased to the cargo model so logically this is where there is a problem. Having opened the panel file and compared it to the one in the R4D the only apparent differences are as mentioned above ie one entry is altimeter and not altimeter1, and the final altimeter entry is missing no 2. Easy I thought add the numbers. I tried this in notepad and my system will not let me save the changes, I keep getting "access denied" when I try to save. Does anyone have a solution to this as I am not a whizz with computers?

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed to pay $30 for a product that does not work correctly, and if this were a commercial organisation I would be making more of a fuss. Having read the previous posts, to me this means that no-one is working to correct this problem and we are on our own.

If anyone can help me make alterations to the panel file I will be very grateful.

Steve

I am disappointed not to receive any replies to my request for help. Do the Maam administrators no longer look at this forum?

Steve.

Files are protected. Here is what I have done.

Move your panel.cfg to your desk.

Make the changes and save it.

Move the file back to your origin folder.

Knud

Steve.

Files are protected. Here is what I have done.

Move your panel.cfg to your desk.

Make the changes and save it.

Move the file back to your origin folder.

Knud

Hi Knud, this appears to have worked, thank you.

Steve

Hi Tony and all,

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what is causing this spate of missing gauges for some users. But there may be a clue in Barnstormer16's findings in a previous post after making the same report of missing gauges:

"I solved the problem. For some reason the little box that asks if you accept the gauge file, etc didn't pop up the first time I started FSX. The next time I started FSX it did, I accepted and all is well."

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Does anyone know how to force this permission box to show up, if it has not done so automatically upon first loading? Keep in mind that the gauge file in the current FSX edition is a dll file, not a gau. file, as in previous editions. It should be causing that acceptance window to appear.

Bill, just went to buy the FSX version and while registering it seems it's not available to UK buyers?

Not so! We sell almost as many in the UK as in the US. Where did you see that? I've just looked through the store software for both the DL and CD versions and can find nothing like that.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Not so! We sell almost as many in the UK as in the US. Where did you see that? I've just looked through the store software for both the DL and CD versions and can find nothing like that.

It's within the registration process Bill.

Hi Doorstep,

I bought the download version from The UK a few days ago and it worked with no problems. The dificulty I have had is with the programming, see above.