Sign in to follow this  
Sky Trail

Fslabs a320 or Airbus 320 Extended

Hey Guys,

I love the Boeing aircrafts by pmdg and captain sim to some extend. I think its time to move to the airbus to learn the systems !!!! ( pun Intended ). my queries are:

• Should i buy the airbus x or wait for the airbus extended ? or wait for the FSlabs version ? I look for in depth system simulations, so which is more simulated ? aerosoft or FSlabs . I ask this because i plan to do a lot of failures and ab normal checklist which go with it.
  • Is Fslabs planing to do all the airbus aircrafts because their website shows A3XX which generally means all the airbus. With the development time i see that will be another 5 yrs ... :huh:
  • I love to see a good ATC as well. i went ahead and bought the ProATC, which to my surprise isn't a finished product. Don't get me wrong it does work well, but most of the time its just frustrating. I paid close to 70 $ for it, thats PMDG and FSLABS money category. Its got Navdata updates this month after close to 5 months of releasing it. I hope it improves a lot. but i am willing to jump ship to better ATC all round. too many crashes on this one, you do flight for 2 hrs and it crashes it ain't good. :angry: Basically is there any new ATC ?

Please advise

Avid Pilot

Mathew

From what I've read, FSLabs will offer more systems depth. Aerosoft will probably still be very good, but as they stated in their preview, the Extended will only simulate the pilot's normal workload. This means no seperate FO instruments (they will display exactly the same as the ones on the left side) and no abnormal/emergency procedures.

However, if you decide to go for Aerosoft's Bus, definitely wait for the Extended, because it will be better than the original one.

I myself will buy whichever is being released first, and then decide whether to buy the other one too, or not.

Regards,

Flo

I think it's pretty likely FSlabs is going to make A330/A340 after they have first released A32x series, I remember their developer saying so in some thread. I doubt it would take as long as making A32x has taken as A330/A340 mostly share same systems and philosophy with A32x, so I guess they can modify stuff that they already made for A32x and use it with A330/A340.

FSLabs will definitely be what you want, but you might have to wait longer than their initial release to practice failures.

I'm not exactly sure how it is going to work, but from posts on their forum it seems they are planning to also do a "professional" version probably on the Prepared3D platform. The FSX bus will not have the full failure options etc.

I would assume that the professional level product will have a higher price point as well though those details have not yet been released. Check their forums for further discussions on the failures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As for ATC, check Pro Flight Emulator deluxe, which is the best in terms of voices and accents depending on airlines and geographic locations, it also offers taxi guidance. If you are looking for more realistic experience and ease, but much less voices, go for RC 4. Check youtube for videos about both of them.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

FSLabs A320. I don't have any doubt it will be much more sophisticated and authentic then the Aerosoft product.

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

The Pro flight emulator seems less sophisticated than the ProATCX that i am using right now. All the voices seem better in ProATCX. Only thing its too buggy for comfort. Does Pro flight emulator support navdata and SIDs STARs ? also it seems to give heading after take off rather than " turn direct to ASPK " star or something like that. am not sure if it depends on the region of flying done either.

Too many bad reviews of Black box simulations.... I wish FSLABS make a proffesional version for Fsx ... or else i think i got to jump ship to P3D

I have recently read a statement from FSLabs that the professional version is just that. Namely for airlines and certified simulator training centers. I think the FSX version is going to be more than sufficient for the advanced home entertainment segment.

Yeah I think this professional version allows you to trigger any failure of your choice, while in normal FSX version all of those failures are included but there is some kind of system that triggers random failure automatically instead of letting you pick it or something like that... Not completely sure though but I remember reading something like that.

Hey Guys,

I love the Boeing aircrafts by pmdg and captain sim to some extend. I think its time to move to the airbus to learn the systems !!!! ( pun Intended ). my queries are:

• Should i buy the airbus x or wait for the airbus extended ? or wait for the FSlabs version ? I look for in depth system simulations, so which is more simulated ? aerosoft or FSlabs . I ask this because i plan to do a lot of failures and ab normal checklist which go with it.
  • Is Fslabs planing to do all the airbus aircrafts because their website shows A3XX which generally means all the airbus. With the development time i see that will be another 5 yrs ... huh.png
  • I love to see a good ATC as well. i went ahead and bought the ProATC, which to my surprise isn't a finished product. Don't get me wrong it does work well, but most of the time its just frustrating. I paid close to 70 $ for it, thats PMDG and FSLABS money category. Its got Navdata updates this month after close to 5 months of releasing it. I hope it improves a lot. but i am willing to jump ship to better ATC all round. too many crashes on this one, you do flight for 2 hrs and it crashes it ain't good. angry.png Basically is there any new ATC ?

Please advise

Avid Pilot

Mathew

Why don't you try Radar Contact 4.3,it gives you almost(99.9%) of what you require of an ATC...just give it a shot and you will never regret doing so.

Visit www.jdtllc.com for more information on this wonderful product and a probable purchase of it.

thanks , so fslabs for me....

You could have been enjoying Aerosoft Airbus as of 2 years ago. Or, you can wait another 8 years (or 10- who knows.. it's been around 6 years waiting) for the FSL. Honestly, I'm not sure what's the deal with those guys. It has taken sooo long that "they don't seem to have a clear reason for it." Unless it's just a one man show. But any way, Aerosoft is a briliant product.  I can care less about failures or making sure every fuse works. (but of course that's me).

So, again, you can be enjoying a very well modeled Aerosoft A320; or wait another______ years for FSL.

• Upvote 2