Sign in to follow this  
BimmerCop

Dammit! =( I should've gone with an A320 instead

Efrain check this out if you want awesome visuals http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3122205/1.html

That is awesome, Omni!!! He calls his screen (4'x12'), a Herculean screen. I wonder what should I call my screen then which is 6'x22' for a 225 degree wraparound view? Hahahahaha

One thing I did notice is it seems he is using a VC mode. I didn't know you can zoom out a VC view to show a 180+ degree field of view, or does he have two VC views instead of regular cockpit mode windows?

EDIT: Oh I see now what he's doing. He is using TrackIR and when he pans to the side, it shows the view to the side. For a second I thought he had a side view on the side the whole time, which it doesn't. Still, looks great!

- Sent from my rooted, Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE smartphone via Tapatalk because haters gonna hate.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Yes it's a great setup but expensive. He is using 2x 1080p projectors which is probably why the resolution is so good. The other issue is the projectors are not short throw. I think he said he sits 6 feet away from the screen.

He is using warpilizer to warp the image, not too sure if this software prevents image degradation when curve is enabled.

Btw efrain, what did you make your yoked out of? I'm thinking of going dual trainer but only one seat yoke and rudder pedal for now.

Rudder pedals can definitely expand to dual and linked, but yokes make it difficult without dismantling first.

Btw efrain, what did you make your yoked out of? I'm thinking of going dual trainer but only one seat yoke and rudder pedal for now.

Rudder pedals can definitely expand to dual and linked, but yokes make it difficult without dismantling first.

I'm still on the design phase with the yoke. I am building a full size, 1:1 scale cockpit of the C172SP BUT with only one seat and only one yoke/pedals. I will use the right slide for a slide out keyboard drawer and a small monitor for "server" purposes.

As for the yoke, I want to build it from scratch if I can get a real C172 yoke. For the shaft, you can find 25mm metal shafts, 12 inches in length on eBay for about $25 dollars. I was also thinking of getting a pair of 25mm linear bearing blocks, as those used on CNC machines, which would make the shaft slide in and out very smoothly. Yea I know, that's what she said! LMAO

But seriously, that with some linear slide pots and a couple of miniature bungee cords, can make a very nice yoke setup.

As for the projectors, I will probably be able to get the other 2 I need in the next couple of weeks. I want to finish the visuals ENTIRELY before continuing with the MIP itself because if not, I will keep jumping around doing different things and never finish anything.

EFrain, aerosim solutions makes the elbow and yoke pivots wired up, the only thing is you'll have to make the base and the centering mechanism. http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au/yoke.html

I don't have a workshop garage at the moment so that might be difficult, but I do know the people who work at aerosim (we live in the same city) so perhaps I could get them to construct a yoke for me. However I feel this isn't going to be cheap and will probably be in the order of 2k. I wish there were plans available so I could go shopping for the exact parts at our local hardware store.

Omni, those are for a column type yoke like on the 737. I'm doing a C172...

Anyone still building an airbus?

Just to let you know, Jeehell FMGS is a great free avionics suite software (see signature link below); and it can repleace AST and/or project-majenta (as several users in the mycockpit forum have done).

I will be looking towards either buying skalarki or FDS parts.

Regards.