Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

Have any of you tried this? (SweetFX)

Shade is changing the textures for shadowing, thus making the scenery darker. There are no light effects like SweetFX provides. The postprocessing will always cost much. It's the same thing with internal bloom.

R

Thanks. is it any better ?

For your to judge. It looks awesome, but it eats the FPS away. Just as someone posted earlier, if you are locked 30 and holding that, it might not drop below. But if it does drop below without it, like the NGX for instance, you will be seeing even lower frames if you turn sweetfx on.

For me, setting DIGITAL VIBRANCE on the Nvidia Control Panel to +70% gives similar results. Try it!

This is great, thanks. Had to give up with sweetfsx. Has anyone compared the 2 ?

As far as I can tell, I've had no performance hit.

This has shaprned up FSX like nothing else. It looks and feels amazing (to me).

I've just been tuning it while on a night flight and it has made it feel like another sim..

Im also running the DX10 tweaks and my sim is rocking like never before.

Amazing Find..Thanks

This is great, thanks. Had to give up with sweetfsx. Has anyone compared the 2 ?

OK, I messes around with various settings in Sweet, after a few changes I kept getting CTD, although the settings did their job.

Then I removed it. And have ENB series set with my preferred settings.

Then I went into the Control Panel>Display>Adjust Desktop and adjusted Digital Vibrance AND Use NVidia Settings for Brightness, Contrast, Gamma.

I have found that I get what is pleasing to me by just doing those adjustments.

So, haven't tried night flying yet, but can someone tell me what I gain by using this tool that I don't seem to need? I am now using a HD 1920 x 1080 resolution on a 40" monitor.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

For those who may have trouble installing and editing SweetFX, here is a recent post from the original thread at guru3d.com. It contains links to the SweetFX configurator. You can use this to set up and configure SweetFX on any of your games (including FSX). Warning-As you can see, this is still in active development. YMMV. Refer to OP at guru3d for updates, etc.

Original post is in this thread: http://forums.guru3d...=368880&page=32

(Hope this quote is ok for me to post in here. If not, sorry in advance. )

Originally Posted by Terrasqueviewpost.gif

Updated version of SweetFX Configurator released

Changes

* Fixed settings-deleting bug!

* Added int number slider

* Fixed launching of some games

* Removed crash on old config files (will not crash, but will not be able to parse it properly either)

Download

* Installer : https://dl.dropbox.c....nfigurator.zip

* Standalone : https://dl.dropbox.c....standalone.zip

Settings-eating bug

When using "Add SweetFX" the file copy operation was set to "overwrite" - which caused some problems when doing "Remove SweetFX" and then "Add SweetFX" - the remove part would keep the settings intact, but the add part would clobber everything back to default. I am really sorry for that, and hope no one lost settings because of it. There is one small hope, though. Every time the program saves a new setting, it makes a copy of the old one, named "SweetFX_settings.txt.orig" - so if you have removed -> added, and NOT made any changes since then, that file should still hold the old settings.

Because of that bug, this was a slightly rushed release, and the int slider is not as polished as I'd wanted. The UI have some un-needed spaces here and there, since the TrackBar component have greater height than most other components. So, the UI will be fixed up a bit on that later on. I also wanted to properly detect old settings files, and give a message to the user, but didn't have the time needed for that. Prioritized getting a fix for that bug out ASAP instead. Hopefully I'll get to polish those things a bit better tomorrow.

OK, I messes around with various settings in Sweet, after a few changes I kept getting CTD, although the settings did their job.

Then I removed it. And have ENB series set with my preferred settings.

Then I went into the Control Panel>Display>Adjust Desktop and adjusted Digital Vibrance AND Use NVidia Settings for Brightness, Contrast, Gamma.

I have found that I get what is pleasing to me by just doing those adjustments.

So, haven't tried night flying yet, but can someone tell me what I gain by using this tool that I don't seem to need? I am now using a HD 1920 x 1080 resolution on a 40" monitor.

I am glad that works for you. Sounds like it would cost zero frames as well. But, since you asked, I am will suggesting some answers to your question.

Wouldn't making the settings you mention affect all your games and applications? Even if you get it to look just the way you want, wouldn't you have to reset/fiddle with it every time you did anything besides FSX? I don't know. Perhaps there is a way to tie these settings into the Nvidia control panel so that they automatically launch when you start the sim. If not, this might be a disadvantage to some.

Also, SweetFX seems to have settings for SMAA and Luma sharpen which is supposed to sharpen the image quality, if I understand it correctly. (These effects are supposed to have a modest negative effect on frames, too.) For me, this improves the image quality in ways that the control panel adjustments you suggested may not.

I am not connected to SweetFX in any way so I don't mean to sound like I am pushing anyone to use it if they don't like it or if they have something that works better for them. Just trying to bring some information to the users here about something that I stumbled on that I really like.

This works great guys. I use Jean Pauls settings without the bloom effect and it feels like FSX in the quality of P3D.

i try at moment,but were can i turn it off or on

i am german,and i think the keyboards are different

maybee some can answer in german???

thank´s

Ralf Scholten EDDL

i try at moment,but were can i turn it off or on

i am german,and i think the keyboards are different

maybee some can answer in german???

thank´s

Use the Scroll Lock Key. Make sure that you have not assigned this key to anything in FSX. Check your button assignments within fsx.

Bob

Nein, sind's nicht. Habe die deutsche Tastatur und ich kann es mittels Rollen auf- und abdrehen.

I am glad that works for you. Sounds like it would cost zero frames as well. But, since you asked, I am will suggesting some answers to your question.

Wouldn't making the settings you mention affect all your games and applications? Even if you get it to look just the way you want, wouldn't you have to reset/fiddle with it every time you did anything besides FSX? I don't know. Perhaps there is a way to tie these settings into the Nvidia control panel so that they automatically launch when you start the sim. If not, this might be a disadvantage to some.

Also, SweetFX seems to have settings for SMAA and Luma sharpen which is supposed to sharpen the image quality, if I understand it correctly. (These effects are supposed to have a modest negative effect on frames, too.) For me, this improves the image quality in ways that the control panel adjustments you suggested may not.

I am not connected to SweetFX in any way so I don't mean to sound like I am pushing anyone to use it if they don't like it or if they have something that works better for them. Just trying to bring some information to the users here about something that I stumbled on that I really like.

You are correct, the overall changes to display affect everything, and this is an issue.

I will take another look at this because I found out that the modifications I made, while working well for FSX daytime, resulted in terrible nighttime flying.

Thanks for your followup.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Use the Scroll Lock Key. Make sure that you have not assigned this key to anything in FSX. Check your button assignments within fsx.

Bob

thank´s work now

Nein, sind's nicht. Habe die deutsche Tastatur und ich kann es mittels Rollen auf- und abdrehen.

danke,im fsx war die taste belegt..........nun geht es

Ralf Scholten EDDL

Hi.

I put all the files into FSX this morning and FSX just would not load, it shows unresponsive in the Task Manager. Delete files and it works again. Anyone had this issue.

Ta

Steve

Steve,

I had that same issue and had to ctrl-alt-delete to get out. So I deleted all the files, then started up FSX in windowed mode to find all was well. I exited in windowed mode, redownloaded the SweetFX files and put them all back in, then loaded up "previous flight" and it worked. Granted, I'm using DX10 but not sure if that makes a difference.

Tom