Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

Have any of you tried this? (SweetFX)

I tried this with default settings and with the NGX it blurs the cockpit slightly, I don't like the loss of sharpess.

Is there a way to return the sharpness to the cockpit? I spend most of my time looking in the cockpit so this is kind of important for me.

• Upvote 1

SFX annihilated my FPS. 30 FPS locked at 1/2 refresh without. 3 seconds per frame with. I even zero'd all the settings... still a picture show.

Ditched it in favor of FXAA tool.... but this one seems to have fallen out of favor. Very little recent traffic on it. Works great, does what I want but only in windowed mode. No effect in full screen. I know FXAA has been enabled in the Nvidia driver but there is no settings app for it that I am aware of.

After trying those ENB, Sweet FX, I concluded that they bring (or may bring) instability to FSX and complaints with OOM, CTD.... I delete all and found a great alternative : my Nvidia standard monitor settings... lowered brightness to 40%, lowered Gamma to 0.84 and waoouh, that give me what I was missing in FSX vs. 2004 : sharper images and better contrast.

With REX textures and FSX weather, that's all I need to have a good simulator, limiting the number of add-ons.

Try it, you'll love it.

too much, too soon....

Can't remember the last time FSX crashed.

Don't recall ever having any OOM errors.

Turning down brightness is NOT what I want to do. I already find FSX to be too dark at 50% and 1.00. Go higher and it starts washing out.

I like the light that bloom brings to FSX and the bloom provided by FXAA is more palatable than that from ENB alone (although it appears that ENB is part of the FXAA tool). ENB burns the clouds at the periphery while FXAA tool applies bloom more uniformly.

sorry but have to ask this, this thread is so big that i´m to lazy to read every page. so easy question: does sweetfx NOT work with windows 8 64bit in FSX?? cause trying atm, but seems that it doesnt work :(

It does work in Windows 8 64-bit. At least, I have it working. But it seems to differ between drivers and perhaps brands of graphics cards. It works with 12.11 beta 11 on my HD7970M, but if I install 13.1 it won't work.

Hi everybody !

Do you know how can we get the night clearer ? It is possible with enb series to change that with a thing like darkening amount night or something like that but i don't know what i have to change in the sweetfx settings ?

Somebody can help me ?

Thanks a lot

Gcl

After months of using SweetFX, I decided to delete it simply because It can't fix the bright night "bug" in FSX. Installed enbseries and problem solved.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Thank you for your anwser but the problem with enbseries is that i have to many CTC at the end of the flight and i haven't got this problem with sweetfx...

I thought I would give SweetFX another go after installing another profile from here …http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?73751-SweetFX-for-FSX/page2 (I’ve been using the FXAA tool for a while)… using the SweetFX configurator GUI. I seem to get the same effect using the FXAA tool with ‘only’ the ToneMap option turned on and making some adjustments giving the ‘illusion’ similar to that of an HDR effect…quite nice.. maybe this could be achieved via the graphic driver gamma and vibrance settings, though I must say SweetFX gives me a more satisfactory visual than the latter two methods. I recall a post from NickN at SimForums suggesting to turn off the EMB mod Anti-Aliasing option as this will cause stability problems, so maybe this might apply to SweetFX/FXAA too! I appear to be getting any performance ‘reduction’, but maybe attributed to that fact that my GPU is bottlenecked by my CPU (60% average usage in fact), thus leaving a lot of headroom for the GPU to do some extra processing such as this. I think I’ll test SweetFX for a while and see if it’s worth more tweaking time… just spent my hour quota I designated to reading my NGX manuals messing with this lol.

{{ Make sure AA is turned off in the sim, and FXAA usage in Nvidia inspector is set to disallowed }}

My graphics card is a Radeon HD 6850. Scrolled through this whole thread and did not find an answer to my questions, which are:

Should anti-aliasing also be turned off in Catalyst Control Center?

In regards to the above, is the anwer different depending if SMAA is enabled or disabled in SweetFX_settings.txt?

I tried installing sweetfx by putting the 8 files in my fsx folder but fsx will crash on startup now!

I had to remove them to get fsx back, any clues guys?

David

Now fsx starts, but it wasen't dx related, I didn't think that the sweetfx folder had to be copied as well and I disabled in game AA.

Now it's installed but I see no difference at all, I also tried to use the scroll lock button but nothing..

What am I doing wrong?

David