Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

Have any of you tried this? (SweetFX)

OK added files then run FSX and it CTD anyone have this issue?

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

I finally managed to get more natural and brighter visuals without changing to SPLENDID mode on my ASUS.

Note: I'm using Aime Leclercq's Summer Texture Pack (terrain textures are bit more dark and more natural looking than default ones).

Default:

With my SweetFX settings:

Also, if you find this too bright, lower the exposure by 0.10 or 0.20.

cheers

EDIT:

Updated to v1.4 settings file.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

What is the reason that SweetFX not work with multi monitor? Was trying to move panels to other screens but FSX crash...

I tried this tool out with dx10 and it worked great in performance, but i have one minor problem. All the settings i've tried are really bright and the colours looks not like they should. When i use the same setting in dx9 it looks great, anyone that have the same problem?

A message to everyone who uses this effect an don't get CTD Crash when selecting the menu or anything else after a long flight . I have sweetfx enjoy very much but after i completed a IFR flight i would get crash if i select any option from the menu. An the wierd thing about the crash is that i do not get any error it just automatically exit out of fsx not even restarts itself . Any suggestion guys ?

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

Anyone successfuly getting this to work with DX10 and multiple monitors.  I get very smooth performance on one monitor but as soon as I undock a panel and move over to the second monitor the FPS drops from 30 locked to 0.8 ?????

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Using ENB + Shade up to now..

Want to use SweetFX and installed it. It works but i had to disable ENB ...

Is there a post where it has all the needed things mentioned?

For example, i need to know:

- What i do in nHancer. Do i leave my 8xSQ AA or not? How to enable FXAA in nHancer, or i dont need to ?

- How to have ENB AND SweetFX enabled?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p

A message to everyone who uses this effect an don't get CTD Crash when selecting the menu or anything else after a long flight . I have sweetfx enjoy very much but after i completed a IFR flight i would get crash if i select any option from the menu. An the wierd thing about the crash is that i do not get any error it just automatically exit out of fsx not even restarts itself . Any suggestion guys ?

I had this issue as well. My workaround so far has been to disable the effect using scroll lock before I select any option in the menu and then to enable the effect again once I get back from the menu.

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

I had this issue as well. My workaround so far has been to disable the effect using scroll lock before I select any option in the menu and then to enable the effect again once I get back from the menu.

Thanks i recently install fsx on a new computer now to see if i get the same result. I am installing several add on before i try it . I have FSX on its own  WD black edition 500GB SATA 6GB . An the operated system on its own  SSD drive as well . I will report with the results later on. Thanks 

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I guess I did not use the correct profiles or something.  I download one from Paul and another from someone else and it was very washed out or oversaturated.  Not to mention the issues with multiple screens.  Not for me I guess and back to my regular DX10 setup with Bloom enabled.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hey Mark! - Ya gotta get in there and twiddle the numbers! This SweetFX thingy is the greatest thing since the Maxaret Braking system! If it's washed out you can play with the bloom threshold, the HDR or the Gamma to get it where you want it! Easy as pie! Save the original of course, but it's just made to be twiddled! Gives one something to do when not tweaking!

All the Best!

peej

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Are there any common issues that can prevent this from working? I know it is installed correctly and many things enabled in the setting file.

Depending on issue, found a fix which may help some.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33227

Original thread.. http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/549049-for-nvidia-optimus-users-guaranteed-fix-for-post-process-injectors-using-d3d9dll/

Also..

Troubleshooting

These are just some quick tips for troubleshooting SweetFX. Most of this information is also in the SweetFX readme.

I will probably expand on things later on. If there are problems not listed here, you still have problems, or something is unclear, post a comment icon_smile.gif

Game does not start / crashes on start
  • Write permission
    • Try running the game as Administrator
    • SweetFX require write access to the folder the game is in, for writing to a log file (called log.log). In later Windows versions, users don’t have write access to the default install area on the disk. You can either change the permissions on the folder so that you have write access there, or run the game as Administrator.
  • log.log file
    • If SweetFX have write permission to the folder, but the game still crash, there should be a file called “log.log” in the game folder. This might provide some information about the crash.
  • Overlay
    • SweetFX uses much of the same trick that overlays (like for example fraps, MSI Afterburner, Overwolf and so on), and sometimes they can step on each other’s toes. The result can be crash, instability, or just plain weird stuff. The injector SweetFX use do have some tricks for working with the Steam overlay, but the rest of them can (and probably will) cause problems. Try turning off all the overlay and/or video record programs and see if that makes a difference.
    • Some have reported that Fraps work if it’s started AFTER the game is running.
  • d3dx9_43.dll missing
    • If this comes up, you need to install the latest DirectX version. You can find the latest version here.
  • Split install
    • Some games (mostly the ones using the Unreal Engine) needs to have a split install of SweetFX, where some files are put into the bin or bin32 subfolder
    • The files to put in the subfolder are: d3d9.dll , dxgi.dll and injector.ini 
SweetFX does not do magic
  • Wrong directory
    • Make sure you’ve selected the right directory. Some games need to have it put in a subfolder (usually bin or bin32)
    • If SweetFX loads, there should be a log.log file in the game’s directory.
  • Antialiasing
    • Some games use a postprocessor step for antialiasing, and this can overwrite SweetFX’s changes to the image.
    • Try turning off ingame antialiasing. SweetFX have a SMAA filter that can compensate (sometimes even better than the original, and with less overhead)
  • Not supported title
    • Some games are just plain out not supported. Games using OpenGL or old DirectX versions are not supported, and a few games are not injectable at all.
  • 64bit games
    • The injector only support 32bit programs. Run the 32bit version of the game