Sign in to follow this  
davidmi58

Have any of you tried this? (SweetFX)

Tried and tweaked this few moments ago, and it's cool! Apsolutely no fps hit (maybe 1fps). It's like ENB, just with more options, and big plus is you can edit it in real time, just save the settings and press Pause, excellent!

Can you sind the SweetFX settings file so I can try it?

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Yes, very nice. The contrast is wonderful, offering a much clearer image, similar to what I see in P3D. Still fiddling and so far no FPS hit that I can see.

Bob

Since I believe both enb and this use a modified d3d9.dll, I am afraid it is one or the other. However, if I recall correctly, enb can only be used with DX9. I am able to use SweetFX with DX10 preview.

Thank you for the reply. But I didn't quite understand, wether I need to delet ENB before installing SweetFX. Thanks again. I have DX9

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Thank you for the reply. But I didn't quite understand, wether I need to delet ENB before installing SweetFX. Thanks again. I have DX9

Since I think they both use the same kind of .dll to work, I am pretty sure that, if you install SweetFX, it will overwrite that file and and enb will be replaced by this. Please, someone with more knowledge, correct me if I am wrong.

BTW-I see a MUCH more pronounced effect using DX10 preview. Try it.

Here ya go :)

example of the settings:

2012-10-29_4-27-27-788.jpg

SweetFX

2012-10-29_4-38-39-837.jpg

2012-10-29_4-39-39-828.jpg

SweetFX

2012-10-29_4-39-41-861.jpg

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

OK,

How about a couple more screenies.

This is flying NE, toward Chicago, at about 1/2 hour before dusk. As you might expect, the sun is coming from more or less behind me. I am not sure these shots will show you how much deeper the colors are with the effect on or how much more pronounced the contrast is on the sunlit, west side of the buildings but you can really see it when you toggle them off and on in the sim. What you probably will not be able to see is the nice sharpening effect the SMAA gives to the textures and edges.

Again, I am flying with DX10 preview on and it really seems to show the effects better that DX9. In fact, I could not really see much effect at all with these particular settings in DX9 mode. So, try it with DX10 and see how you do.

Also, I am currently using my old AMD 5770 as my new card (7970) is RMA'd so I am only using one screen (1920x1200). Normally, I run in Eyefinity in 3X landscape at 5770x1200. I have the anti aliasing checked on in FSX and filtering at the highest setting. In my SweetFX settings, I turned on both bloom and the HDR effect turned on to create a worst case scenario as far as frames are concerned. I also have both these effects turned down some from their defaults in the settings because I prefer a more subtle effect.

I am flying the stock Cessna 172, UT2 and UTX active. My bloom switch in FSX is OFF. The sim was paused when I grabbed the frames. While the screen shots show a drop of about 10 fps, I am really not seeing that in the sim. The hit is more like 4-5 frames. Less than 10% for sure. It might be a lot worse when I get my 7970 back and go back to the Eyefinity resolutions but I am excited to try it out.

Edited by firehawk44
Images removed - exceed 1600W limit. Yours 1970W

From the readme this is what it says about running ENBseries and Sweetfx together.

Q: How do I use SweetFX with ENBseries?

A: By making ENB run SweetFX. You need to:

1) Rename d3d9.dll to sweetfx_d3d9.dll

2) Install the ENB series files into the same directory

3) Edit enbseries.ini so the top section looks like this:

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true

InitProxyFunctions=true

ProxyLibrary=sweetfx_d3d9.dll

That should do it.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

This is looking pretty good so far. Makes the night a tad darker too but is there anyone who has some good night-time settings that make the ground textures properly dark?

The hit is more like 4-5 frames.

Thanks for the shots, maybe the DX10 mode is improving on the performance, but you say 4-5 frames, yet I see in the above shots definitive 12frames. 62-50, making it similar to my results, that is about 15-20% drop.

I have tried ENB, FXAA and SweetFX and liked FXAA best.

It kept the best fps ( around -10% ) and stayed sharp.

Just give it a try.

It took me several hours before I reached a look that matched reality best ( imho ).

https://www.assembla...dated_at&d=desc

Here my settings.

Pages not displayed do not have to be changed.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I have tried ENB, FXAA and SweetFX and liked FXAA best.

It kept the best fps ( around -10% ) and stayed sharp.

Just give it a try.

It took me several hours before I reached a look that matched reality best ( imho ).

https://www.assembla...dated_at&d=desc

Here my settings.

Pages not displayed do not have to be changed.

Yea, but FXAA is not compatible with DX10 preview...

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Yea, but FXAA is not compatible with DX10 preview...

I stopped using the DX10 preview mode as the nightlighting of many scenery does not show up.

Also many car traffic does not have textures.

It looked great , but I like to fly in duski/dawn.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Ron, all the files including the directory ?

Hi Jean-Paul.

I dropped these files into FSX folder but nothing happened. All above files are in FSX now.

Thx

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”