Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

Can't fly in the usa anymore

Hey!

I've been trying during a couple of weeks to fly in the USA but always when I come, from Mexico, Canada or from the Caraibic, closer to the USA my FS9 crashes and Win7 tells me that there is an error in FS9, but never finds a solution.

I am flying already several years with one and the same FS9 unit, have ca. 1500 addon sceneries all over the world, and since a couple of weeks something happened that makes it impossible to fly in USA.

I have unactivated all of the addon sceneries, one after the other, in groups, but nothing helps. I have eliminated all AI traffic, no help.

Everywhere else in the world I can fly with, sometimes, heavy AI traffic, and many big airports installed, but not in the USA. I have tried with my FS9.cfg unactive, so building a new FS9.cfg, but that did not help neighter.

I even installed a second version of FS9, using my fd9.cfg and I just got the same result, no flying in the USA...

I cannot understand what happened....

To me it lookes like it is not FS9, but it looks like Win7 has some error, sometimes at least, because other times it seems clear to me that it is FS9 itself that is th error....

I almost give up, exception made if somebody could give me a hint where to look for the origin of this phenomenon....

Please help me?....

Greetz

Jive1

well that is tough, but have you double checked no addon was installed? You said it could be something to do with WIndows 7, did you install fs9 in a different folder from your operating system folder? And also make sure you have deactivated UAC. What does the report say after the crash? You might get useful information. Sorry for not being too helpful. Good luck

Hey!

I am using FSNAV, and always install sceneries via that utility, so it is very easy and accurate to inactivate any scenery one after the other, and that is what I did, in groups of course! I am really sure that I checked every single scenery in my system.

I have my FS9 on a separate drive where nothing else but FS9 is an some addons for same; like FSNAV.

I am also the only user of this PC, so why should I deactivate UAC?.

After a crash the report says "There is an error in the program and should be closed." And there after it says "MS Flight Silmulator does n't work anymore. There is a problem why the program does no work anymore so good. The prgram will be closed en there will be given a sign when there is a solution for same."

So, that doesn't help me nothing.

By the way, sometimes when I set my plane somewhere in the USA at night I really can, but as soon as I change to daylight it is that crash again... Strange!

Greetz

Jive1

I'm not sure what your problem is but I can give you a link to a similar problem maybe you can get a few pointers from there, from what I've read it seems to be something with a scenery or something that was recently added that may have been registered to your scenery cfg file in wrong order I'm not sure but the take a look at the link and see what you get http://www.simforums.com/forums/ut-usa-fs9-compatibility-w-fsdreamteam_topic43023.html

I'm really not sure is this will help you can try flying with a different plane and see what happens, Also try to remember what was the last thing you did before the problem started to occur, another thing you can do is to check your modules folder to make sure everything is in tact.

Also 1 more thing you can do Save a flight somewhere in the US then make ita default flight and see if it crashes try that. If that works then it may just be a certain area that's conflicting.

Try setting your time to a different season. If it works at night but not during the day, it's possible that you have a corrupt daytime texture.

If you have automatic updates set, a recent one may have upset your system when running FS.

Colin B

Do you have Ultimate Terrain? I had the same problem where I would depart anywhere in the USA and it would crash same altitude, same location, regardless of time of day. I unchecked UT USA and voila. No more crashes.

I have been trying to find a solution to that, but as of yet, nothing turns up.

Hey!

I've done that, to set time at different seasons, does not work.

However, more and more I think it must ahve to do with textures. I can on almost every place in the USA put my aircraft at night, of course there are too many airports to test them all, but as soon as I change time, right when it starts getting a bit light, FS9 crashes, same way as I already explained, and it is the same at all those places that I've tested.

What I don't understand here is, that this is not the case in Europe, Africa nor in any other places in the whole world except for tha USA... ( Is Al Quaida involved?... hahaha! )

The night textures and the day textures are'nt they not the same for Usa and for the rest of the world?

I once again tested UT-USA on and off, no difference....

I have in the scenery library file sorted the US sceneries according to upgoing alfabetical State order and then according to upgoing airport code, could that play any roll? If I sort the sceneries differently?

Greetz

Jive1

Have you changed the textures for another set, GE, etc? If so revert to the original FS textures.

If you haven't changed, then try a free replacement set as mentioned in other posts. (Back up first).

Colin B

Hey!

Indeed, I've changed a set of textures, even more than once, but the last one dates from several months ago, so why then this problem started only a couple of weeks ago?

I had a similar thing happen but only around KJAC. Could fly at night but daytime crashed as you neared the area. The cause was a rogue bgl in the main scenery folder, have a look at all the bgl's and see if there is one that has a strange name. Have you tried a scenery scan with FlightSim Manager. If you have backups of folders, try these. Sorry I can't advise you more.

Echofox

Try setting your PC clock back to summer, as a test - maybe the bad texture is a "Fall" texture.

Bert

Hey!

I have the Flightsim Manager.. Do you mean the one from Ranainside.com?

I can install it but not anymore today, ...

Before I do tomorrow, I remeber there is another FlightsimManager as well, but I don't have that one.

Please tell me which one you mean to scan my system with....

Greetz

Jive1

Hey!

This is also exactly what I did; always, when testing things like this, I use summer as the used time, because in the other seasons sometimes the scenery gives darker images and I don't like that...

So, I did all my tests also with summer settings.

Greetz

Jive1

Border Security ... maybe the US authorities consider you as an undesirable. :P :lol: :rolleyes:

Hey!

It seems that my problems were something completely different from all what we were talking about...

I have presently 3 versions of FS9 on my pc

- 1° The one that we were talking about and which showed the mentioned error , my main FS9

- 2° a completely clean version, never used, where I from time to time go and see possible differences from one to the active version, and I also use it for copying sometimes the original file to my lain FS9 version

- 3° a new version that I was preparing for only Multiplayer flying.

What I did is the following...

I eliminated my FS9.cfg of my main FS9 and started a run with the one that I am preparing for Multiplayer,also a new one thus, and so this one made a new FS9.cfg.

After ending that run I used the new FS9.cfg for my problem main FS9 version and started it...

You know everything was working fine, no more problems in the USA, Us authorities considere me again as a friend!

Of course I had to make a few corrections, like for using older files, pause settings, and some other settings.And everything worked fine, ActiveSky, AI 100%, aall sceneries, everything is OK.

What I wil now watch..

What happened with the old FS9.cfg as compared toythe new one. I will certainly inform you when I know what it was, however I first have to do other things now, I'll be back maybe today, if not, tomorrow and tell you.

So, anyhow, my problems seem to gave disappeared!

See you later today or tomorrow.

Greetz

Jive1

Hey!

I'm so sorry, ...

It seems now that my last statements were wrong....

That new FS9.cfg did not change anything, but I had all the time in mind that the whole USA was not to be flown by me, and when I changed that FS9.cfg and tried to make the first flught again in the USA with my main FS9, I happened to fly east of KJFK and the error does not occur in that corner area. So I thought that all was solved. But none of that....

I'm very sorry for my too enthousiastic reaction of this morning here....

I'll keep you informed of all my tests still to do....

Greetz

Jive1