Sign in to follow this  
flying_bob

B200 - the numbers.. ! Writing a tutorial based on real life flight

I am busy doing a tutotrial flight for the B200 based on what Yoda did for the C90 and needed to confirm the numbers to tie up to POH but I am wayyyy offfff.. so at this stage there are no tutorial flight comming forth..!!

According to the training manual (of a well known training facility for B200 pilots) and POH you should be able to easily get to a torque of 2200-2300 for temperature 15degree celcius.

With prop and condition levers fully forward running throttle fully open (grinding the last bit of effort out of those engines) I reach 1880, and havent seen 1900 on the torque indicators.

Can someone confirm this. Am I missing something?

side note (I can get it to exeed 1900 but then with prop lever pulled back quite a bit.- but fully forward as instructed, there is no way of reaching 1900)

I am doing a real world flight from the training facility documents and I just cannot get the numbers to comply to the documentation of the institution and the POH.. This is driving me nuts..! so I will appreciate some feedback.

(on the other hand I might be doing something wrong and will go back to documentation but I am blind struck at this stage with the numbers not adding up.)

Bob,

Are you standing still when you're doing this? The engines won't reach full torque until you're accelerating down the runway.

Also, redline torque is 2230 ft/lbs.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

I am finding that in cruise it is hard to get any power settings beyond "Normal Cruise Power" settings. Did two flights at 24/26k one way, 25k on the return (STD Alt). Free Temp gauge indicated ISA +8 to +12 in both directions. Even at max throttle and 1800 RPM best I could get was torque matching "Normal Cruise Power". Just tested again at 25k and 26k, ISA to ISA+5, still can not get beyond Normal.

Also, find the throttle control sensitive. So even the difference between Max and Normal power would be about 1/8" travel. If I pull back about 25% by torque reduction is greater than 50%. My CH throttle is fully calibrated and I tested different settings with FSUIPC.

Anybody else seeing this, or is there something I am missing?

Joe Lorenc

Bob,

Are you standing still when you're doing this? The engines won't reach full torque until you're accelerating down the runway.

Also, redline torque is 2230 ft/lbs.

no this is as I dart down the runway... full speeds at Vr

Something is just not right here with torque. I mean MAX throttle, there is not a hairs thickness to spare... Prop 100% and condition 100% I just have not yet seen 1900 ft/lbs of torque

edit:

-yes my controls are properly calibrated as I can match any other plane "numbers" and do not have an issue with any other plane.

edit2:

- I have some more info that came accross my desk and I need to go back to and play a bit more. This process will be revisited and I will only be able to post findings some time tommorow. Tonight is an early night for me.

Well after all not an early night. This just bugged me.. So I spend 3 hours more.. testing and testing and finally.......

I decided to re-calibrated my controls......!

OK I must admit it seems that my controls were not as correct as I thought.. lesson learned. Controllers can go out...

Everything on the numbers with the B200 now.

grinding every little oomph out of those engines down the runway (REDLINE REDLINE REDLINE)

-- at sealevel, at 15 degrees celcuis, pretty neat agreeing with the POH tables (Immaterial difference really) I am happy..

Tutorial is finally going forward..!

b200a.jpg

Bob,

I was reminded in a PM that you should indeed get red line torque while standing still and I'm glad you figured out to recalibrate your controller.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

IF YOU HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

and you have FSUIP calibrated controlers. I have upgraded a while ago.

Please check these two entries in the FSUIP4 ini file.

PropPitch

Mixture

Somehow it seem that after I have upgraded FSUIP these two below changed to -13056, 13056. these should be in the -16383 to 16383 range.. Dont use these values, calibrate your own controler. What I am saying is that this is what caused my issues not being able to get full power. Once it is in -16xxx to 16xxx range it seem ALL is now spot on the numbers.

the prop and mixture should be similar to about the throttle was and somewhere in the -16xxx to 16xxx range

extraction from "ERROR" ini file

----------------------------

Throttle=-16193,16192
PropPitch=-13056,13056
Mixture=-13056,13056

First check this. it can save you a lot of confusion..!!

But still the throttle lever should have a reserve until max on ground as typically with altitude one needs to advance them further to maintain TQ. But maybe Carenado simplified this to avoid the FSX problem of stuck power after pulling back max lever position.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger