Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

GSX and MCE

If you are running GSX you would have received an in game update. I got mine yesterday.

If you had read the notes on what was included you would have seen a mention of MCE.

Below is an explanation of how the GSX updated impacted on MCE. Not a lot really :P

Anyway thought I would let you all know:

We asked Umberto to provide a way to determine when "YouControl" feature is available and active.

The feature is only available at specific high quality FsDreamteam airport sceneries. In those scenarios, the GSX menu doesn't appear first. Users are presented with a preliminary menu.

This caused Simon's menu selection to go wrong.

Now MCE needs to update too, and hopefully the issue coming up at FsDreamteam Geneva scenery (and LAX, KORD etc..) will be no more.

If you don't have airport sceneries from FsDreamteam, this is just "background" stuff.

The FS++ team

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Dear Sir:  Is there a time limit for simon to respond to my request?  What is happening, is everything seems to start ok.  But if I get delayed for whatever reason, then when I finally get around to calling Jim in my case, he doesn't respond.  Do I need to contact ground services right away?  At times, I get a responce from Jim, but nothing happens.  It seems like the omly fix for this is to restore default settings from the tool folder.  Then with FSX not running, I re-configure MCE.  So then when I go back into FSX, and start up MCE, everything works just fine.  Thanks for any help you can give.  S. Sumner

Steve Sumner

Dear Sir:  Is there a time limit for simon to respond to my request?  What is happening, is everything seems to start ok.  But if I get delayed for whatever reason, then when I finally get around to calling Jim in my case, he doesn't respond.  Do I need to contact ground services right away?  At times, I get a responce from Jim, but nothing happens.  It seems like the omly fix for this is to restore default settings from the tool folder.  Then with FSX not running, I re-configure MCE.  So then when I go back into FSX, and start up MCE, everything works just fine.  Thanks for any help you can give.  S. Sumner

Suggest you download and install version 2.5.9.7 uploaded yesterday

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Un-install previous version via Windows Control Panel. Do not manually delete the \Multi Crew Experience\ folder as both your key and installed extra voice packs will remain there.

Download(save) latest to your desktop. Unzip and run "setup".

Follow that with a restore to factory settings

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings

No need for speech training.

See if things are working as expected. Eventually will take it from there.

Good morning,

I've just updated GSX to the latest version and I'm enjoying the new features.

But I'm back to button pushing in order to interact with GSX, which is a shame.

For example, I've tried every phrase I can think of to talk to the de-icer crew, but they just ignore me.

Am I missing something or will this be accommodated in the next MCE update?

Many thanks.

Good morning,

I've just updated GSX to the latest version and I'm enjoying the new features.

But I'm back to button pushing in order to interact with GSX, which is a shame.

For example, I've tried every phrase I can think of to talk to the de-icer crew, but they just ignore me.

Am I missing something or will this be accommodated in the next MCE update?

Many thanks.

No, nothing wrong on your side.

GSX added de-icing handling only a couple of weeks ago. And MCE is now in synch with latest release.

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Note: Since the ramp agent is supposed to leave the airplane before the doors are closed, you don't actually ask him to call the de-icing team.

The way things are implemented, by the time you ask for pushback, and assuming it's snowing, the FO will ask you whether you need de-icing or not, and will then coordinate with ground team accordingly.

Unfortunately, even with v2633 pushback does still not work. mce selects pushback option in GSX window and then stops. FO does not ask for de-icing. Any clues how to solve this?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Unfortunately, even with v2633 pushback does still not work. mce selects pushback option in GSX window and then stops. FO does not ask for de-icing. Any clues how to solve this?

Please be patient, it will be tweaked. There are other things going on at the moment, notably first MCE package dedicated to X-Plane. Hopefully sorted within 2 weeks. In any case before the end of the month for sure.

V2633 was meant to make MCE fully compatible with Steam Edition.

Thank you

Hi,

I am trying to disable the annoying green line text from GSX, which makes my screen flash...

But when I do disable it in gsx, then MCE does not open doors for catering or cargo doors etc.

How can this be fixed, I want to disable gsx text messages, but still want MCE interaction.

Thanks

Hi,

I am trying to disable the annoying green line text from GSX, which makes my screen flash...

But when I do disable it in gsx, then MCE does not open doors for catering or cargo doors etc.

How can this be fixed, I want to disable gsx text messages, but still want MCE interaction.

Thanks

It's not possible I'm afraid.

There is no GSX SDK.

One neat way we found to interact with GSX is by reading the content of the green bar.

Anything that gets written into it, and fsInsider.dll will know it instantly, without computing overhead.

GSX says "close door D1", MCE flight attendants close door D1

GSX says "open forward cargo door", MCE mechanic opens it.

GSX says push truck is in place, our mechanic knows when to hand over push to GSX mechanic, etc...

Unlike another voice program on the market which needs to disable it because of a potential conflict when writing spoken commands to green bar at the same time as GSX or other add-ons, we never write to the green bar ourselves (we have found another way. :smile: That red text that displays spoken commands is actually 3D text, and doesn't need the usual 2D window which gets the sim to slightly stutter in-flight when some info is displayed).

It's also very nicely done by FSDT, in terms of the information it conveys. So good that we didn't have to ask them to change anything to accommodate our interfacing.

Does MCE v2.6.6.7 work with the recently updated GSX/SODE and P3D v3.3.5?

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Does MCE v2.6.6.7 work with the recently updated GSX/SODE and P3D v3.3.5?

According to feedback via e-mail, it should.

One thing not sure about is whether integration with GSX needs to be revisited.

I hope somebody else chimes in and let us know.

Hello, folks!

MCE 2.6.6.7 works with the newest GSX/SODE and FSX. With P3D I dont know.

Another question: If I speak to "Simon" or another ramp-manager of GSX and ask for pushback, he always says: "Can't do!". If I click on the GSX-Screen it always works. Does anybody know why Simon and the others refuse to do their work? Perhaps they feel underpaid? :smile:

MCE 2.6.6.7 works with the newest GSX/SODE and FSX. With P3D I dont know.

Upgraded to P3D 3.3.5, and MCE works as before with 3.2. Have not yet upgraded GSX.

Regards,

Chris

--

Hmmm still no pushback ?

Catering works but pushback seems not too.

After the copilots question for de-icing which i awnserd with affirmative, i see the GSX window then but it stays on the "main" page where i can select : refuel,  catering , pushback ...

And vanishes after about 60 seconds but nothing happens, the Ground mechanics tell me that he wait for the pushback truck bla bla but the truck never "arrives".

I have the latest MCE Version , also the latest GSX

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT