Sign in to follow this  
eneee

FSX OOM api.dll patcher

It has been long time i have worked for a out of memory patcher... and it is beta now. i need testers.. try it and tell me if you got any problem...

Need FSX Acceleration and patcher will get backup orjinal api.dll. the api.dll is in "X:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\" folder... i have test it at manhattan scenery with full scenery and traffic settings. i have 8 gb ram and my computer used 2 gb for fsx.exe and fsx crashes witm oom error after 2 gb... after patch fsx.exe can reach more than 3 gb with any errors...

Download:

https://hotfile.com/dl/177929552/3972081/flight.simulator.x.out.of..memory.patcher.beta-patch.rar.html

SORRY to be wary, but this seems TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. !

I am very reluctant to run a program, that my AV want to remove, and has the potential to do, "who knows what" to my system.

Can you at least tell us what it is patching -- files ? Registry ? and give us some technical details on how this patch can address the OOM errors of a big 32 bit program.

I believe that others have been looking as the possibility of some kind to advanced add-on memory manager, but nothing so far.

Sorry, you may be a very talented programmer, and have good code, but you must realize, that to many, it might just seems "TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE"

Ok...

Firstly , i have created this patcher with dup2 proccess patcher and because of your anti virus detect it potential virus... I have used Nod32 and i didn't get any virus error..

ekranalntsyye.jpg

And second let me tell you how this patch works:

The fsx has memory limit as 2 GB (for my configuration)... the api.dll file control the memory usage "HeapAlloc and HeapReAlloc" funtions...

when the fsx.exe reach the 2 GB (for my configuration) memroy usage , the api.dll call error mesage with this function and teminate process... i have eleminated this error function...

With this pacther api.dll control memory too but it doesn't get error mesage and doesn't terminate process....

ekranalntsaia.jpg

This looks interesting, but for the folks getting Trojan/backdoor warnings (me included), are you able to post it as the actual dll and not an exe?

Also I have a question about the logic - when I get out of memory errors FSX is more like 3.5gb+ Ram used, not 2GB.

Is this for the old one that is not large address aware?

Or are you saying the api.dll is running a different thread that has it's own 2GB limit?

For pacthed api.dll file may not work at your pc but here it is:

https://hotfile.com/dl/178067351/01eac86/api.dll.html

... just copy it FSX folder and don't forget backup old one...

And for your question, it doesn't important how many GB do you get this error and it doesn't depend large address aware...My computer has medium configuration and because of i got error message at 2 GB... i can't say you will use 4 or 6 or 8 GB but you won't get error message with it....

wonder if anybody is willing to test this out...still not sure..removing an error call from a fsx internal dll? meh... :huh:

Avast says it's ok, but i don't get OOM errors. Maybe i'll test it on friend PC who has a lot of OOM.

But before that, i'd like to know more about this, how much memory FSX can use with this?

I'm going to try it. I appreciate anyone who can give an honest attempt at getting rid of this error. Maybe I'm naive, but I don't believe anyone would offer virus infected downloads right here on Avsim.

I'm getting OOM errors when my AI is turned to around 50%

For pacthed api.dll file may not work at your pc but here it is:

https://hotfile.com/...86/api.dll.html

... just copy it FSX folder and don't forget backup old one...

And for your question, it doesn't important how many GB do you get this error and it doesn't depend large address aware...My computer has medium configuration and because of i got error message at 2 GB... i can't say you will use 4 or 6 or 8 GB but you won't get error message with it....

Thanks, apparently 64bit can use 4GB, but FSX always gives me the error a bit before this more like 3.3GB.

If I can get rid of the error and go all the way to 4GB I'll be happy :)

I get OOM 90% of the time flying into London, if I'm lucky it's after landing.. I have alot of UK2000 airports in the area maybe that's why I don't know. But London is a killer. Also apparently having 3GB Graphics Ram requires some of that to be mapped to RAM which can use a bit extra.. thanks to directx9.

I'll try this in a few days when I do another flight into London.

Ok...

Firstly , i have created this patcher with dup2 proccess patcher and because of your anti virus detect it potential virus... I have used Nod32 and i didn't get any virus error..

And second let me tell you how this patch works:

The fsx has memory limit as 2 GB (for my configuration)... the api.dll file control the memory usage "HeapAlloc and HeapReAlloc" funtions...

when the fsx.exe reach the 2 GB (for my configuration) memroy usage , the api.dll call error mesage with this function and teminate process... i have eleminated this error function...

With this pacther api.dll control memory too but it doesn't get error mesage and doesn't terminate process....

FIRSTLY, many thank for the explanation.

So your system would appear to be standard XP 32 bit, with 2 Gigs allocated to the program (and 2 gig to the Kernel).

What would the effect be on those using the /3gig switch, and say setting their 32bit programs to be able to use 2.5 gigs of space.

Will your path recognize that, and set it's limit to 2.5 gigs ?

If needed, can this be read automatically by the patch ?

I had always been lead to believe (and have seen it in real time VM Mappers), that the real issue is Fragmentation of the VM address space, and after a time, the unavailability of the request Contiguous memory space. In what way, if any, does your patch help this. ?

Also, what is the effect does this your patch have on the continual operation of FSX, if the process is NOT terminated, and FSX continues to try to run after running out of memory ?

Well, first thing that I can say is that the little program is clean and works just as it is supposed to. It backs up your original api.dll and replaces it with one that is modified.

When I downloaded the file, my Microsoft Essentials warned me that the file might have a virus...it don't. I went ahead and did a restore point, then manually made a copy of my api.dll, but I didn't need to. The program will do that.

I placed the executable file in the main FSX folder and ran it. It made the backup and let me know that the modified api.dll was correctly installed.

I also just purchased the high resolution flightdeck program for the Coolsky-McPhat DC-9 and installed it (it looks fantastic), knowing that 4096 HD textures would add a little strain to the system.

In the past, every time I try to set the AI traffic anywhere close to 50%, I will get an OOM, usually before I even get out of the departure airport. I have been having to keep my AL traffic set to about 12%.

After running Fatih's little api.dll modification program, I loaded the DC-9 into EHAM, with the new 4096 textures (brown flightdeck) and McPhat UHDT KLM paint, increased the AI traffic to above 40%, set up the aircraft and took off from runway 18C.

The airport was pleasantly full of traffic. Mostly Continental and KLM airliners from my viewpoint.

As I was taxing, I suddenly heard FSUIPC ding once, warning me of an impending OOM....but it never came, and there were no more "dings" from FSUIPC.

I completed the short flight with my skys full of AI traffic and my Coolsky-McPhat DC-9 with the UHDT KLM texture and beautiful 4096 McPhat textures as smoothly as I would ever want it to be. Also my sky was full of Opus clouds.

I will be turning down the AI traffic just a little. Maybe to 30% next time. My FSUIPC gave me two "dings" at the arrival airport, after I parked at the gate, but still absolutely no OOM.

Although I did still see some problem at the arrival gate (wings and horizontal stabilizers turned black, but it may be a problem with the McPhat paint, since I have had problems before loading the KLM), I did not get any OOM, which I would normally have got with such heavy AI traffic and a heavy resource aircraft like the Coolsky-McPhat DC-9 with HD textures inside and out, and I had a very good flight.

Next time, I will turn down the AI some, and make a longer flight.

This program certainly gave me good results, and I am very glad that I tried it and appreciate that it was made available to me.

I am still setting at the gate as I type, with AI traffic moving all around me and no OOM error.

I have always been a little skeptical when something seemed too good to be true, but Fatih's little api.dll modifying program is just too good, but it seems, from all evidence that I've seen, to be very true.

Everyone who is experiencing OOMs needs to try this program. Don't be concerned if your virus program gives you an alert. There is no virus here. Just smooth flying.

From what I can see, I will not ever be flying FSX without this api.dll mod again.

Thank you again, Fatih.

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64x with a GTX670 and 16Gigs of RAM.

FIRSTLY, many thank for the explanation.

So your system would appear to be standard XP 32 bit, with 2 Gigs allocated to the program (and 2 gig to the Kernel).

What would the effect be on those using the /3gig switch, and say setting their 32bit programs to be able to use 2.5 gigs of space.

Will your path recognize that, and set it's limit to 2.5 gigs ?

If needed, can this be read automatically by the patch ?

I had always been lead to believe (and have seen it in real time VM Mappers), that the real issue is Fragmentation of the VM address space, and after a time, the unavailability of the request Contiguous memory space. In what way, if any, does your patch help this. ?

Also, what is the effect does this your patch have on the continual operation of FSX, if the process is NOT terminated, and FSX continues to try to run after running out of memory ?

i have used win7 32 bit with 64 bit kernel patch. because of fsx can reach 3 gb and more at my pc. for 32 bit kernel you may not go up 2 gb but you wont get oom error...

and when you think that FSX had released ,a lot of the computers has 400mhz - 2 GB memory and has Windows Xp ... at this times when you reach the maximum memory usage, the computers coulndn't contiune to run and oftenly get blue screen errors...because of that the Microsoft has limited memory usage for stable run operation system.

When The fsx reach at maximu memory the api.dll stops to work fsx and give all memory to your for your system healty....

I had tried this things to sloved oom error for my computer:

"disable Data Execution Prevention(DEP),

HIGHMEMFIX=1,

/3gig switch,

64 bit kernel pacth , and mores" But i have always got oom errors.... i have being fly from 1997 at FS series and i tried all of things fo slove oom error....

Now we have 8 16 and 32 GB memory and we don't have any memory protect.... with this patch FSX won't control your memory usage for your system healty....

Well, first thing that I can say is that the little program is clean and works just as it is supposed to. It backs up your original api.dll and replaces it with one that is modified.

When I downloaded the file, my Microsoft Essentials warned me that the file might have a virus...it don't. I went ahead and did a restore point, then manually made a copy of my api.dll, but I didn't need to. The program will do that.

I placed the executable file in the main FSX folder and ran it. It made the backup and let me know that the modified api.dll was correctly installed.

I also just purchased the high resolution flightdeck program for the Coolsky-McPhat DC-9 and installed it (it looks fantastic), knowing that 4096 HD textures would add a little strain to the system.

In the past, every time I try to set the AI traffic anywhere close to 50%, I will get an OOM, usually before I even get out of the departure airport. I have been having to keep my AL traffic set to about 12%.

After running Fatih's little api.dll modification program, I loaded the DC-9 into EHAM, with the new 4096 textures (brown flightdeck) and McPhat UHDT KLM paint, increased the AI traffic to above 40%, set up the aircraft and took off from runway 18C.

The airport was pleasantly full of traffic. Mostly Continental and KLM airliners from my viewpoint.

As I was taxing, I suddenly heard FSUIPC ding once, warning me of an impending OOM....but it never came, and there were no more "dings" from FSUIPC.

I completed the short flight with my skys full of AI traffic and my Coolsky-McPhat DC-9 with the UHDT KLM texture and beautiful 4096 McPhat textures as smoothly as I would ever want it to be. Also my sky was full of Opus clouds.

I will be turning down the AI traffic just a little. Maybe to 30% next time. My FSUIPC gave me two "dings" at the arrival airport, after I parked at the gate, but still absolutely no OOM.

Although I did still see some problem at the arrival gate (wings and horizontal stabilizers turned black, but it may be a problem with the McPhat paint, since I have had problems before loading the KLM), I did not get any OOM, which I would normally have got with such heavy AI traffic and a heavy resource aircraft like the Coolsky-McPhat DC-9 with HD textures inside and out, and I had a very good flight.

Next time, I will turn down the AI some, and make a longer flight.

This program certainly gave me good results, and I am very glad that I tried it and appreciate that it was made available to me.

I am still setting at the gate as I type, with AI traffic moving all around me and no OOM error.

I have always been a little skeptical when something seemed too good to be true, but Fatih's little api.dll modifying program is just too good, but it seems, from all evidence that I've seen, to be very true.

Everyone who is experiencing OOMs needs to try this program. Don't be concerned if your virus program gives you an alert. There is no virus here. Just smooth flying.

From what I can see, I will not ever be flying FSX without this api.dll mod again.

Thank you again, Fatih.

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64x with a GTX670 and 16Gigs of RAM.

Thanks for your test.... i will be happy if you may try to up your traffic settings to more than %50 and tell us the result...

Sometimes I got this error at approch to airport and i threw my mouse to wall two times. I changed my memory 4 times.......

Now i have got try more than 20 long flight ( from NewYork to Paris with Aerosoft Manhattan + Paris VFR + FSGlobal + Ultimate terrain + REX + PMDG 747 and more... ) and i didn't get any error yet....

Thanks for your test.... i will be happy if you may try to up your traffic settings to more than %50 and tell us the result...

Sometimes I got this error at approch to airport and i threw my mouse to wall two times. I changed my memory 4 times.......

Now i have got try more than 20 long flight ( from NewYork to Paris with Aerosoft Manhattan + Paris VFR + FSGlobal + Ultimate terrain + REX + PMDG 747 and more... ) and i didn't get any error yet..

Ok, I will set my AI traffic up high.

I am trying this out with the Coolsky/McPhat DC-9 because I seem to get OOMs quicker on it than even the PMDG NGX.

Last night it was solid.

It is funny because FSUIPC would "ping" to let me know that the memory was low, but I would not get any OOM error or lock up. Just one "ping" and things would continue as normal.

I am really excited about this program because I see the difference in FSX right away. It's outstanding! Thank you.

so...FSX is a 32bit application...running in a 64bit environment on most systems these days...

as such it can NOT adress more then 3gb of ram..being a 32bit program and all...what exactly happens when FSX reaches that 3gb limit? crash? freeze? stops loading stuff? i'm still not very convinced this works there has to be a catch...would be nice if you could answer that questions