Sign in to follow this  
eneee

FSX OOM api.dll patcher

i think you use 64 bit windows.... let me check what i need to do for 64 bit...

Yes, eneee, that is what I use also. I started getting a lot of scenery anomalies today and FSUIPC giving me pings. Maybe I should be using a 64bit version also. I'll be watching for you to post the link.

Thank you, I appreciate all of the work that you are doing.

How did you set it up to use the whole 4gb?

Are you really checking the VAS via Process Explorer or just looking at the Task Manager?

I had enough screenshots showing 4,050,000...KB in PE for Virtual Space.

And VeryBumpy made a good representation.

It was task manager, I should have known that I use Process Explorer for work but never had it on my sim computer Doh.. :rolleyes:

Thanks I'll use that from now on.

Hello Fatih,

I did a flight from KSEA to KLAS (about 860 miles) with my settings turned down pretty low and only 15% AI. Everything went pretty smooth until I got to FSDT KLAS with Aerosoft Las Vegas. Then I got the "Failed to Load" error.

I'm going to wait until you release a 64x version to try again. I appreciate all that you are doing. Thank you.

Bob

i am working at "failed to read file" but icouldn't have this error.. i use win7 32 bit with 64 bit kerlen patch..maybe i didnt get this error i use this kernel patch... last night i had ctd error with %100 ai settings at Newyork at 3,5 gb memory usage...maybe i should work at memory limit for fsx.

hmm,i am no pc speci..........

but wat is if someone can write a program wat empty the memory wat fsx use when it reach the 3.5..........so it must only reload or somethink like that???

or delite some from the used memory???

it is no big prob wat i have with oom,i can fly at orbx pnw around seatle ,all payware airports with all exras on and with most settings max ..............only when i set lod higher than 7.5 than i get this oom..........

memory use is most under 3gig(taskmanager)

but were nice to get more..........lol

cheers

ralf

Ralf Scholten EDDL

ralf, well, if that were possible, someone would have done it already!

• Upvote 1

ralf, well, if that were possible, someone would have done it already!

lol..............

i think so.

oh,and thank´s for your fsx guide...........great stuff..........

Ralf Scholten EDDL

i am working at "failed to read file" but icouldn't have this error.. i use win7 32 bit with 64 bit kerlen patch..maybe i didnt get this error i use this kernel patch... last night i had ctd error with %100 ai settings at Newyork at 3,5 gb memory usage...maybe i should work at memory limit for fsx.

I wish I knew what file it is failing to read. This might be related to a particular addon and not be system wide.

Maybe I should try it with some different aircraft and locations.

I am running Windows 7 Professional 64x with 16Gigs of ram and a nVidia GTX670.

Please keep working on it Fatih, however you think you should and I will be glad to try it again when you are ready with something.

I really believe that you are on to something with this. It makes a lot of sense that Microsoft would want to protect the old Windows XP systems with limited ram, by cutting off memory usage in FSX with this .dll switch. If you can disable that switch while keeping FSX running normally and continuing to cycle ram usage, that would be a real accomplishment.

FSX Acceleration here, on Win 7x64, 2600K clocked to 4.5GHz, 16GB of a high spec RAM, GTX580 all this water-cooled and yet I get occasional OOMs.. Usually on the final approach, when it hurts the most... :Waiting: . It's true that my FSX environment is loaded up with lots of extras, but I run a top of the range PC and this should not happen. I've been thru so many tips, tweaks and stuff, that I don't know what I do more - tweaking the FSX or actually flying it.

Anyhow, I would love to try the patch. Just could not get it from the 3 pages before - is it ready for a 64 bit Windows 7 or not?

If you can disable that switch while keeping FSX running normally and continuing to cycle ram usage, that would be a real accomplishment.

This will be as huge as the HIGHMEMFIX=1 discovery couple of years ago... Fingers crossed!

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Without risking being overly dramatic......

:t0103: Please Fatih, you're our last hope!!!!

I hate to be a party pooper here - but this looks to me as the equivalent of someone dismantling the guard-rail

along a curvy road..

Yes, it will keep us all from hitting the guard rail, but the cliff is still there.. :unsure:

I'll be happy to eat my hat if this indeed fixes the CTD/OOM problems that high-end users are having!

Bert

Yes, it will keep us all from hitting the guard rail, but the cliff is still there.. :unsure:

Ehm... Thats why it's called the "Flight Simulator"... To be able to fly off the cliff.. Kiddin' of course. You got point but I do hope the OP is onto something.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I hate to be a party pooper here - but this looks to me as the equivalent of someone dismantling the guard-rail

along a curvy road..

I'll be happy to eat my hat if this indeed fixes the CTD/OOM problems that high-end users are having!

+1

With this PATCH, we do not get the WARNING of OOM, and we do not shut down, BUT -- FSX is still asking for more memory that is available, so what happens when that request cannot be met ?

Unfortunately, the basic issue is VM Fragmentation, so that after a period of time, while there is still a significant amount of Unused memory, there is no single contiguous block, that is big enough to meet the current request.

What is really needed is a better memory management system, that prevents Fragmentation, or maybe even DE-fragments in the background.

This would be difficult to implement as a patch. It would most likely require a detailed design change in the way FSX handles memory, as it runs.

Without risking being overly dramatic......

:t0103: Please Fatih, you're our last hope!!!!

lol :D

i am working on it... :D