Sign in to follow this  
eneee

FSX OOM api.dll patcher

but this looks to me as the equivalent of someone dismantling the guard-rail

along a curvy road..

With this PATCH, we do not get the WARNING of OOM, and we do not shut down, BUT -- FSX is still asking for more memory that is available, so what happens when that request cannot be met ?

I agree with above posts. It looks like the Pete's "dingdingding" option, but a little more "harsh"...

What needs to be done is found a way, if there is such possibility, to clean the FSX VAS. To defragment it.

But as mentioned, quite impossible. Or is it?

This would be difficult to implement as a patch. It would most likely require a detailed design change in the way FSX handles memory, as it runs.

Or maybe a software that runs next to FSX and continuously feeds FSX large blocks of VM in a palatable form once Fatih's patch is working.

i am working on it... :D

Once againg thank you for your dedication and time to help all of us having the OOM "game over" issue.

Is the patch good to go for FSX Acceleration on Windows 7 x64? I would like to give it a try.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

There have been no updates that I know of, so no, does not work.

Edit: Just wanted to add, best thing you can do for OOM is run FSX in DX10 mode. No matter how hard I try, I can't make it error out using DX10.

Thanks mate.

Are you running in preview mode only?

Jas

I use both DX9 and DX10. Mostly use DX9 unless I know I will be starting or landing in a dense hard to run (read OOM likely) situation.

I wish I knew what file it is failing to read. This might be related to a particular addon and not be system wide.

Sysinternal's PROCMON will tell you what file FSX cannot read.

(there will be a lot, even when FSX is running "Correctly" , but it should be obvious if it is a missing file for your selected aircraft)

I am suspecting that it could be related to a particular add-on.

I ran a test with PMDG NGX from ORBX Yellowstone to FSDT KLAS (Vegas) with ORBX Scenery. Flew back from Vegas to Jackson Hole (ORBX). The flight didnt miss a beat and also had weather via AS2012 detailed clouds etc with overcast layer coming into KJAC.

I tried same flight with RealAir Lancair Legacy and T-Duke - OOM api.dll error even the MSVCR80.dll error. The RealAir aircraft are causing me CTD's all the time.

Just my two cents.

Jas

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Well I loaded it. Off to my sons for Thanksgiving dinner.

Will fire up FSx tonight and see how it goes. If this works, well that iwll be just grand because I cannot fly in the FTX environment any more without OOM. Used to but something came along and flattened all my tires so to speak.

Well mananaged to load FSX and fly up to a FTX fire tower out of the FTX Concrete WA scenery before leaving at 2:00pm. Flew back to Concrete and left the Nemeth MD500 running on the helipad. It's just after 9:00pm now and no OOM. other than the systems OOM ding, which started about 20 minutes into the figh but that's a far as any OOM process went. FPS set at 32 and am seeing a solid 19-23. I have AS2012 weather running as well as FSImm connected to a multiplay server.

system specs:

Win 7 32 bit

Intel Duo Core 3.156 gh

Board: Intel DGB43NB

Bus clock:333megahertz

3068 mb ram

Page file 1167 used 4965 mb available

1TB HD

DX11 installed but set to DX9

ATI radedeon HD 5700 series Video Card

FSX W SP2

I get OOM 90% of the time flying into London, if I'm lucky it's after landing.. I have alot of UK2000 airports in the area maybe that's why I don't know. But London is a killer. Also apparently having 3GB Graphics Ram requires some of that to be mapped to RAM which can use a bit extra.. thanks to directx9.

I'll try this in a few days when I do another flight into London.

Dan I have EGLL, EGKK and EGLC from UK2000 installed in FSX Accel on a Win7 64 PC.

I used to get OOMs above 4Gb as well as I approached Heathrow from the east.

I changed the following which fixed the problem:

All three (EGLL, EGKK & EGLC) : Reinstalled in Very Dense (middle option, not sure about the title) and not "Go XTreme!" option.

EGLL : I downloaded from UK2000 website (products order page after client login) the optional lower size ground texture bitmaps since default download EGLL uses the large ones.

The above changes never get me above 3.2~3.5 Gb VAS in London area.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Thanks mate, I had those turned down but was flying the NGX and many other addons running.

I've since done ok though by reducing from 4096 to 2048 texture_max_load, graphics are slightly less but it's worth the stability.

I applied the patch to W7-x64 FSX/ACC and it did indeed remove the memory alert. However after allowing sufficient time for the VM space to fragment, the rotating aircraft on my start screen stopped turning and FSX became unresponsive. I am given to understand that 32 bit users are seeing the only real benefits of the patch, if any, but normally I only get memory errors during a flight. Most commonly they occur after I have paused FSX for an exorbitant period, like when I return home from work and resume a flight I'd started before I left.

Normally FSX can contentedly spin that plane for days at a time...

Not complaining or seeking support, just reporting (and crossing fingers for the x64 patch)

Rick Keller