Sign in to follow this  
azteca

Criticism from a real B200 Pilot

Hi,

What an interesting topic.

Mr.Azteca, what are your findings please?

I consider buying this turboprop...

Grz.

Paul

I'd like to see what he says about the Flight1 B200.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

that is just what I was wondering.. I have the Carenado's version.. I'm thinking about getting the new F1 B200 but wanted to read some comparisons.. mainly frame rate hit.. I get great fps in the Carenado model.. but because of the glass.. I'm a little hesitant with the F1

Ciao!

Hi guys,

I have an issue with the B200 on FSX, when I am cruising, if I reduce throttle, an alarm ring, it is around 40% throttle & i am quite speedy so no need of flaps and I am quite high si no need gears to land.

Any idea ?

If you want to slow down quickly, increase the prop rpm which will cause the torque to drop (quite significantly on this one though) and then retard the throttles just above the 'beep' threshold. If you wanted to slow down really fast (decompression issue and things), you could actually drop the gear and flaps below the speed limit and use it as an air brake. No more beeping but other noise.

Two things I'm not 100% sure about when it comes to the Carenado King Air. 1) Actual torque drop due to adjusting the prop rpm and 2) the beeping threshold placement.

or if it really bug you just change the parameter in the gauge to 20% or 30% or whatever you like.. now that is if you dont mind that this to be authentic.

you can also remove the sound completely.

If you want to do one of the above proposals and you dont know how, send me PM

Hi guys,

I have an issue with the B200 on FSX, when I am cruising, if I reduce throttle, an alarm ring, it is around 40% throttle & i am quite speedy so no need of flaps and I am quite high si no need gears to land.

Any idea ?

HI all,

Thank you for your answers.

- How to modify the gauge please ?

- At the end, is it a normal behaviour or not ? If it is, no reason to remove it ;) But some pilot friends (that have never been in a B200) feels that it is not a normal behaviour .

Thank you.

I'd like to see what he says about the Flight1 B200.

This. Would love to hear his opinion on that bird since everyone is saying its a lot more detailed than the Carenado.

This. Would love to hear his opinion on that bird since everyone is saying its a lot more detailed than the Carenado.

And the Milviz KingAir 350's are getting closer to release as well.

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

HI all,

Thank you for your answers.

- How to modify the gauge please ?

- At the end, is it a normal behaviour or not ? If it is, no reason to remove it ;) But some pilot friends (that have never been in a B200) feels that it is not a normal behaviour .

Thank you.

yes it is normal.

I rarely get the "warning" bell for low power, but then again me and you might fly it differently.

..were virtuality meet reality ... one of the best thread posted in this forum ... tnx AZTECA for your review, tnx Carenado (& all other develpers) for your affords, and all the positve comments posted by members of this great community ..

Cheers

Yair

& BTW 

... with the respect to those missing 50 RPM do you guys remember how FS looked like only 20 years ago .... I do ... :) 

Sorry for the newbie question, but as this is one of my only payware aircraft, where the heck is the knob or button to adjust the auto-pilot heading, looked all over the virtual cockpit.

I know I know, RTFM --- but it is A LOT to read and I have eye strain right now...

Try looking on the auto pilot control head pop-up window (Shift + 4 I believe). One control knob is for the heading bug while the other is for the desired course for Vor 1. It took me a while to find that as well.

Hope this helps

Ray Mengel

Spokane Valley, WA

Sorry, that's for the King Air C90B. I do not have the B200

PMDG has indeed set the bar for realism very high, though if we expect their level of realism in all products, we will be in woefully short supply of aircraft to fly. There are only select few developers who can match that level of realism.

This one is pretty easy actually - fly only the aircraft that allow you both LEARN and have FUN at the same time. :) That's what I do for the last 10 years - started with PMDG, then was RealAir, MilViz, and now A2A.

I don't keep any other aircraft in my hangar but from these developers only. Period. And if you count it makes no less than 10 aircraft in total. I cannot wish for more for my learning and pleasure... :)

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Regards,

Victor Quebec

I have had this aircraft for a long time and had never flown it. Lately I was agonising on what aircraft to buy and fly on FSeconomy, a tossup between Aerosoft Otter Extended and the Carenado B200.

Well the Aerosoft had won just because of the terribly DISMAL manual that accompanies the B200.

If a new player wanted t use the manual for concise engine start procedure they would be lost to what pumps and switches  that in what sequence they should be switched on,

• Upvote 1