Sign in to follow this  
azteca

Criticism from a real B200 Pilot

Betwen the C90B and the B200 ... Mr Azteca wich flight better? you are real pilot, i only flight  2 times in the right seat of the B200 and its heavy.. but never been on a C90B,

for me the 90 its more atractive in the ramp that the 200, reminds me years ago to a 65 u 80 queen air that i fly years ago.

Entre el 90 y el 200 señor Azteca cual vuela mejor? eres piloto real, yo solo he volado 2 veces en el lado derecho de un 200 y es pesado, pero nunca he estado en un 90, para mi el 90 es mas atractivo en la rampa que el 200, me recuerda años atras al queen air 65 u 80 los cuales he volado tambien

Sorry to come late to the party.

I to am a real world King Air 200 pilot, and 350, 300, 100, and C90.  Over all I have logged some 2400 hours in all things King Air.  

My reason for purchasing this product, and from Carenado was for one I am accepting a job where I will be back in the King Air 200 and I needed to simply get my cockpit scan down and re familiarize the basic feel, speed, not only going from jets to King Airs but for going from Glass to Steam Gauges.  The reason for Carenado was I had a really nice experience with the T-210, which I have time in as well.

When I first saw the plane after downloading I was really impressed.  To say the least.  

When I "climbed in" and popped on the master it was like saying hello to an old friend.

The sound if the -42 is spot on in so far as the basic operations.  Reverse sounds like Beta, I was really entertained by that.  But to even have that sound at all I felt as if it was a treat.  (The RW King Air reverse is probably tuff to do)  But hey we get at least beta.  Also low condition lever setting Beta too.

I sort of wished they could do better with ground fine.  Took me for ever to get the throttles to be right.  Thanks again Pete Townsend.  Cannot be done without ya.  Incidentally guys for an X52, it is Throttle 1 and 2 Settings on page three letting FSUIPC handle it and set the  FSUIPC and set the zero.  You can do well with -1 any lower and you will taxi too fast going into beta and reverse to slow down.  

The other main issue and ( I did not read all the posts so maybe there is a fix ) is that the engines are not as responsive as in the real aircraft.  That is a hard one for me to swallow.  I have tried to set things differently with my X52 but the throttle movements to no avail.

In my opinion the actuall working of the Auto Feather, (the one time I tried it was spot on!)  I mean wow they nailed that part.

In a Real King air 200 Rudder Boost is not that great.  Good but not great.  Unlike it is in the 350.  The 350 rudder boost is a lot more effective.  So in my opinion rb in the Carenado 200 is worked pretty much as it should...  Crappy to kinda crappy as it is in the RW Aircraft.  If you want to do V1 Cuts.  Do like I do in the Flight Safety simulators.  Get yourself Vr +10.  That will keep you out of the ditches.  The very first Flight Safety V1 cut in a King Air 350 put me in the ditch.  The next two were the same.  My instructor then said he let me do that so that I would respect the Vr +10 on subsequent King Air rotations.  Sorry to bloviate.

My other gripe is the ice vanes.  LOL.  They do not pop on and pop off as in the sim.  It is a 4 - 5 second transition process.   The performance difference on vs off is out of whack.  The ice vanes do not take that much reduce performance that much.  Some but not that much.  My passengers would flip out if the engines actually did that.  I used to fly Panicky Surgeons in and out of Rochester (Mayo Clinic) MN.  Usually to go get body parts after some kid wrapped himself around a tree for the last time.

If I could get fixes for those issues it would be like Christmas.  All the other programming these guys did over at Carenado is about spot on.

I appreciate the OP and his post.  I agree with it.  And as the OP most eliquintly put it, there is no way we are going to get all he had in his squawk list unless we as a customer base demand it.

Oh one last thing.  The autopilot tracking approaches is way off.  Every 200 I flew did a dead on tracking job.  Eventually Carenado's version gets things settled down but well after and only well after the outer marker or so it seems to me.

I too am worried about fames with the F1 King Air 200.  I'll pass on that for now.

1-10?  I give this a 7.5, but worth the money.  Except for my issues posted above they did a fantasic job for what we have as a simulator within FSX.  I am getting most of my money out it.

Respectfully,

Jet

Thanks for Chiming in. Pilots with time in type are worth their weight in gold around here. Appreciated.

C.

Well you're quite welcome and thanks! 

Respectfully,

Jet

Sorry for being out of the scene for so long, I recieved a lot of bad response via PM that I think its better to let it go...

I have never flown the real C90 so no opinion there.

I bought the F1 King Air a few months ago and its really good, I dont like the G1000 system but thats a personal dislike. Havent tested much because of lack of time and heavy frame rates impact.

In carenado I get 30 fps

in F1 I get around 20

If your setup can handle it.. I surely recomend F1

Anyway.. Im aviable 24/7 via PM to answer questions about the B200. Go ahead and ask.

• Upvote 1

Hey Azteca.

Thanks for the report on the Flight1 B200.  I agree with you.  I have never seen a B200 with the Garmin 1000.  Not to say there are none.  I for one have never seen it.  

I was afraid of what you are experiencing and that would be a major hit on frames just to run the G1000

Of the 5 King Air B200s.  

Only ONE have I seen with the Avidyne.  I have no use for it.  Frame killer and again, I have not seen too many B200s with it.  Carenado would have done well to offer it in only one or two liveries.

Most operators cannot afford all of those toys so you will see more of the old KING LORAN's in them with only ONE Garmin 530.  The BENDIX Radar/MFD is what you will find in them more than the Two Garmins.

Sure would have been nice, as long as we are killing frame rates to add a functional radar.  After all, the King Air line LIVES in crummy weather.

I found some great settings and I will post them in a new thread.

Respectfully,

Jet