Sign in to follow this  
azteca

Criticism from a real B200 Pilot

Merci aussi!

I like the fact that the airplane is getting ever closer to the "real thing"

Pierre, I did change the color of the triangle to same light grey as

the rest of the gauge markings.. something to consider for your "next version" ^_^

Bert

I would like to thank the Pilot aztec for taking the time to provide his valuable feedback. It's rare that they do and to hear from them makes flying the plane that much more enjoyable.

I hope you come back and share your current feelings on the model now that a service pack has been released. This bird is a gem and deserves the attention.

C.

Is there any way to add the correct DC loadmeters on the overhead? I mean with push buttons to be able to check DC voltage

Nope only carenado can make that change. part of the model.

Hi, first of all let me apologize for grammar mistakes and my poor english, Im writing in a Hurry =)

I been a real world B200 pilot for a couple of years now and been looking for a good King Air to come up for FSX, when carenado released the C90 I bough it just to find out a bunch of bugs and not so realistic flight, but having zero experience on a real C90 I could not give you my real point of view..

So came the B200... I just didnt want to buy it.. i knew I was going to be dissapointed, I wasnt buying PMDG nor A2A... but damm... it was a B200 with the 85 Proline II collins instruments just like the one I fly.. so i bought it.. 39.99 dollars..

Just Let me compare prices first.. I know this is not PMDG, but just for comparasion the Jetstream 41 of PMDG is 44.95, thats just 5 dollar more... and the new P-51D of A2A is 49.99 with Accusim.

Those are two top aircraft that every switch, system, light, guage.. works not only simulating stuff but works as it should on the real thing.

First Impressions..

Carenado always does a great work at textures and visuals, overall this is a great plus for the AC, almost everything is right just a couple of issues here

--No ELT antena on the exterior model... it should be on the right side of the Rudder

--The textures over the upper part of where the aux tanks are, are the same on both wings, it shoudnt. Right wing has the Battery, Left has the Hydraulic access port. and im Almost 99.99% sure they arent the same size.. (tomorrow I will confirm this)

Now lets go inside the cockpit.. Cold and Dark...

-----Guages mistakes omisions and other stuff

-Oxygen Guage only works with battery on.. this is wrong

-DC/Volt Loadmeters... they dont have the press switch... (how can they get that wrong?)

-Hydraulic FLuid sensor press to test doesnt work mmmm to be honest it looks like a circuit breaker is there instead of a button

-Bleed air switches have only 2 positions!, as far as I know on all B200 there should be 3! Open, Enviromental Off, Instrument and Enviromental Off.

-Transponder selector mode not working

--Cabin Alt range is just plain wrong, on some B200 red line starts at 6.0 PSI of diferential, others 6.6..

Lets turn on the battery..

--The prop Amp guage is wrong, always showing 20, this should only work then Prop deice is on.

Now Lets turn on the engines...

I know the FSX limitations on turboprop, and I make this purchase knowing that i Will not get a real representation of the start up secuence for the PT-6-42

but they actually manage to create a decent startup simulation

--Low Idle should limit NG at 61% not 66, high idle seems fine =)

--Elevator trim off Light doesnt light up..

I use my real B200 checklist and procedures to check all systems, they obviously dont work as expected, I performed the next procedures to verify

--Airstair Door circuitry check,,, well it works,, if door is open. light comes up.. very simple

--Oxygen Sistem Preflight..... Just didnt even bother to test it.. surly doesnt work

--Enviromental Systems control.... Just two position switches at the bleed air.. and the A/C sound is from y POV very High

--Pressurization... Doesnt work in test mode

--Flight director.. Worked fine (except test modes)

--Yaw damper doesnt add resistance to the Nose Wheel. in real life you cant move the nose wheel with the YD on

Electric Elevator trim... Light doesnt come up the turned off

--Rudder Boost.. didnt notice any movement on the rudder when a differential power is used but to be honest i dont either in the real plane, just a slighly rudder pedal movement.

--Autofeather... this is just wrong, the light turns on when the switch is set to arm, in Real life, the autofeather lights turn on (arm) when torque is above 400 lbs and N1 above 90%.. for example during take off if both engines are at TO power, autofeather is armed and both light ON.. if one engine fails and drops under 400 lbs, the working engine Autofeather light will turn off.. showing that the systems has been dissarmed on that engine, if torque continues to drop below 200, the system will feather the prop, and the autofeather light will extinguish. ... The test mode doesnt work either. and as far as i test it.. the system doenst work at all

--Vaccum and Neumatic pressure...... Well, the bleed air switches are wrong and didnt expect any luck here, so overall, the Gyro Suction guage is there just the same as the O2 guage and the Loadmeters... just to be there.. it doesnt respond to Bleed air fails.

--Engine Anti Ice.. at least the light work as they should, system on... light on.. easy.. they also affect the Torque, wich is just like on the real one.

--Ice Protection Equipment... Auto Ignition swithes doesnt seem to work, light never turned On..

Windshield anti Ice doesnt affect the loadmeters.. but then again.. what does?

Prop Deice doesnt affect the Deice Ammeter, well actually its always on

Surface Deice doesnt affect the Pneumatic Pressure...

Stall Warning Heat.. doesnt affect loadmeters but to be honest I havent checked if it does on the real one

Pitot heat... DOES affect the loadmeters.. well they got one right! even though is a very high load

Now I now you are thinking I am expecting a level of realism a la A2A or PMDG.. well not! I know but the least thing that I can expect is a level of Consistency in their product if the pitot shows an indication, why not the windshield anti Ice, how hard is to make the light of the Auto Ingition to turn up, as the Anti Ice do?

And Im not expecting none of this systems to really work, but at least help in making the checklist as real as they can. Like the Door. if its open, I want an indication in the cockpit, is nice that they get that one right. obviously im not expecting to have any real effect on the rest of the systems.. for example I sure I can pressurize the cockpit with the door open.. I will let that to more professional guys not carenado.

Now.. the Flight part...

Im gonna be very respectful on this part and gonna say that I need to fly it more to get and actual "feeling" of it in different flight and different situations. I took it to my most common flight.. a 40 minute 17000 feet flight that I do twice a week..

My results... this plane doesnt even come up with the real thing..

Itt doesnt go up with altitude.. (yeahh thats FSX limitations)

RPM... I just coudnt reach 1900 for climbing.. Prop full forward.. max i could get was 1850 this is plain wrong

N1 exceed 100% very easily,

and Torque is just very hard to adjust, not sure why, in real life you can make very small adjustments to the torque, in carenados version, they jump all over the place.

Cruise setting where just wrong, tomorrow will make a more exact comparasion with real life engine parameters

The descent was ok.. Torque goes up as it should, and speed seems to react ok, also the red pole at the airspeed seems to work fine.

In R/L the King air slows very fast, if you follow the next procedure.. 900 lbs of torque will slow down the AC enough for reach 200 and app flaps, then with the nose up tendency (wich carenado seems to get that right) you will reach 181 quickly, and drop landing gear (carenado gets this wrong probably the worst mistake ever and is a experience killer for me as the gear doesnt drop until you reach 160!!!!) next with full forward prop (this makes the airplane break as much as we pilots can feel it) and around 400-500 lbs of Torque you can drop full flaps on Final, and mantain a nice Vref all the way to the runway. (carenado doesnt seem to slow down at 400Lbs)

Anyway even with low expectations, im dissapointed of this product.. this product as it is should cost more than 20 dlrs..

Thank you.

I thought that with the Xmas sale going on, I would give this one a try. Not any more.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Thank you.

I thought that with the Xmas sale going on, I would give this one a try. Not any more.

It is not on sale - so you are safe.. -_-

Bert

It is not on sale - so you are safe.. -_-

Thanks Bert ;) Try to look before I leap. Now I go look at the C90B. That one is not on sale either, but may be it's time to take the plunge.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Thanks Bert ;) Try to look before I leap. Now I go look at the C90B. That one is not on sale either, but may be it's time to take the plunge.

Yet you failed to look at the next three pages of this conversation?

Yet you failed to look at the next three pages of this conversation?

Dear Mr. Smith,

If I failed to look, it's because I have read enough, what's in it for you that I do? Furthermore, you assumed that I did not read the next couple of pages, what if I did already. The quote was for the original poster to thank him. What kind of language is this, "Yet you failed"?, please? You sir needs to tone down the rhetoric.

Vu Pham

Hi Azteca,

Thanks for taking the time for such a detailed write up - much appreciated - sir...

Yeah - that's the frustrating part about Carenado - they could be the next PMDG for the GA world - if only they would put the same attention to detail into then FDE and instrumentation - that they so obviously spend on the model and textures...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Dear Mr. Smith,

If I failed to look, it's because I have read enough, what's in it for you that I do? Furthermore, you assumed that I did not read the next couple of pages, what if I did already. The quote was for the original poster to thank him. What kind of language is this, "Yet you failed"?, please? You sir needs to tone down the rhetoric.

The language "failed to look" was deliberatly chosen to provoke a reaction by highlighting the apparent hypocrisy contained in your comment "Try to look before I leap". Hypocrisy you have confirmed that you are comfortable with by the way you addressed me as "Dear". I very much doubt you consider me to be in any way 'Dear' to you, so were you merely being pretentious, or were you aiming at pompous?

Had I considered the possibility that you had in fact "tried to look" by reading the rest of the discussion before you commented? Of course I considered it. My comment would have been meaningless if there was any reasonable possibility that you had, but based on the tone and content of what you actually wrote (which I accept may not have been what you thought you were writing), I felt it was quite clear that you hadn't, and that you were making your decision based on a single opinion. In other words, the exact opposite of the careful and balanced consideration implied by the expression "look before you leap".

You also asked what was in it for me? Only the child like pleasure of bursting bubbles :)

Come now, Paul, with all due respect - are we trying to help each other figure out airplanes and aviation, or the subtleties of the English language..? B)

Bert