Sign in to follow this  
Cai Zicheng

Just Flight Traffic 360: worth a try?

I recently purchased "MyTraffic X Professional 5.4a" in order to replace my WOAI traffic, which had a good amount of aircraft paints not showing up in my DX-10 setup.

I have to say that I love the number of aircraft available, particularly the obscure paints and the airports covered but the models on most of the commercial aircraft and just about all of the GA planes are like something out of FS8. I found that aspect extremely disappointing. I'm really hoping that 5.4b will improve upon this aspect, as I would hate to have to spend additional money on yet another AI traffic program.

P.S. I'm willing to take a slight hit in framerate if it means better renditions of airplanes. Heck, the free WOAI airplanes look significantly better and they were designed for FS9.

MTX will not change too many liveries/models in the b update I guess. For good renditions, Ultimate Traffic 2 from Flight 1 is recommended.

Zicheng Cai

That's not good news. I looked into UT2 but was not liking how it injected the traffic. I'll see how the reviews are for Traffic 360 and see if it's worth considering.

Alexander Alonso

How is dx10 compatibility for traffic 360? Also, how do framerates compare to ut2?

Thanks,

Alex malek

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

I recently purchased "MyTraffic X Professional 5.4a" in order to replace my WOAI traffic, which had a good amount of aircraft paints not showing up in my DX-10 setup.

I have to say that I love the number of aircraft available, particularly the obscure paints and the airports covered but the models on most of the commercial aircraft and just about all of the GA planes are like something out of FS8. I found that aspect extremely disappointing. I'm really hoping that 5.4b will improve upon this aspect, as I would hate to have to spend additional money on yet another AI traffic program.

P.S. I'm willing to take a slight hit in framerate if it means better renditions of airplanes. Heck, the free WOAI airplanes look significantly better and they were designed for FS9.

The problem here is that Burkhard Renk, the guy doing MTX is, for all I know, a one-man show. In the coming release he will include more detailed 777 and A340 models if I remember correctly, but there is no way he'll be able, by himself, to quickly revamp all included models and paints any time soon. Just too much work for one guy...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

The problem here is that Burkhard Renk, the guy doing MTX is, for all I know, a one-man show. In the coming release he will include more detailed 777 and A340 models if I remember correctly, but there is no way he'll be able, by himself, to quickly revamp all included models and paints any time soon. Just too much work for one guy...

Thanks for the info on the 777 and A340's, Thraini. That's definitely good news. I was aware that Burkhard Renk was basically doing it all himself, so if the plan is to slowly but surely upgrade the models & paints, then all is good. I did notice that the 737's, particularly the American Airlines paints did indeed look better than many of the other models/paints. I found out that he had worked on those on the last update/upgrade.

Alexander Alonso

I guess he will end up doing all of the aircraft at some point, but he is starting with the ones that are most used. The 737s and Airbus series were redone in the last release.

And why is it that everybody makes that L in my username into an i? One of the mysteries of humanity I guess.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

So did anyone buy this upgrade? Traffic X was ok but had too much traffic in some places and hardly any in others.

And why is it that everybody makes that L in my username into an i? One of the mysteries of humanity I guess.

My apologies! I guess that the font used on the site gives the illusion that the top of the "L" is a dot, like on top of the "i".

Alexander Alonso

Hi all,

I'm like Hightowers and don't own any traffic programs for my FSX world. Although funny thing I was just looking yesterday at the World of AI set up, then read the flight plans are for FS9 so might not be compatible with some addon FSX airports. I started searching my usual websites and too came across the Just Flight Traffic 360, which is on pre-order with a discount at the minute, anyway I like the look of their AI aircraft, lots of variety and they say they follow real flight plans. But my question concerns the hit on frames rates using a traffic add on program, when my system is running REX, PMDG, UTX and various other add ons already at maybe 19FPS at a busy airport up to 30-35 at altitude.

Maybe I too will have to forego the discount to await news on any reviews from others first. That is unless anyone can tell us already!

Happy Flying.

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Hi all,

I'm like Hightowers and don't own any traffic programs for my FSX world. Although funny thing I was just looking yesterday at the World of AI set up, then read the flight plans are for FS9 so might not be compatible with some addon FSX airports. I started searching my usual websites and too came across the Just Flight Traffic 360, which is on pre-order with a discount at the minute, anyway I like the look of their AI aircraft, lots of variety and they say they follow real flight plans. But my question concerns the hit on frames rates using a traffic add on program, when my system is running REX, PMDG, UTX and various other add ons already at maybe 19FPS at a busy airport up to 30-35 at altitude.

Maybe I too will have to forego the discount to await news on any reviews from others first. That is unless anyone can tell us already!

Happy Flying.

If it has good models and textures, then FPS impact is inevitable I guess.

Zicheng Cai

JF has releaed upgrade version of Traffic 360 today to existing Traffic X users. The product look nice and includes a lot of ground service vehicles! What is your ideas about the new product? The full version is now on pre-order. I own My Traffic X 5.4 and it's good though graphics are not good. Do you think the JF one can really have high quality AI aircrafts while reducing FPS impact?

Albus please carefully check your understanding. Just Flight released an upgrade version of the Just Flight version of MyTraffic X. It appears you consider purchasing the Just Flight product to apply to your Simmarket product, based on the fact that you are an existing MyTraffic X user. No where on the Just Flight website does it say that it is cross-compatible with either the Simmarket edition, or the Aerosoft edition of MyTraffic 5.4 (Aerosoft 2013). Considering they are completely separate products, it is curious that Just Flight posts no disclaimer; however, on that basis, if you want to try Traffic 360, you would likely have to purchase the full install version.

As far as frame rates, the basic traffic program is negligible, regardless of who's. I will opine that UT2 takes forever to install and long to load; it is the most accurate, but also entirely dependent on bi-annual purchased updates. Personally I consider MTX 5.4 to be the current best. You will see your framerates take their greatest hit from nearby AI, through either detail or quantity. Most traffic programs allow one to substitute liveries and models as an additional tweak, so one can match ones visual quality to ones processing power.

Rick Keller

Are you sure that Just FlightTraffic X & Traffic 360 have anything to do with Mytraffic? I have always thought that they are completely separate products, not just different versions.

It appears you consider purchasing the Just Flight product to apply to your Simmarket product,

Yeah thanks. I'm well aware that MTX and Traffic X are two different things. But JF also has the full version of the 360 on pre-order now at a great price.

Are you sure that Just FlightTraffic X & Traffic 360 have anything to do with Mytraffic? I have always thought that they are completely separate products, not just different versions.

Yes you're right. They're completely different products.

Zicheng Cai

Right now, if I turn up traffic, whether MyTraffic or any other, I get an OOM error. I have to keep AI Traffic down to about 15%, so I really can't benefit from any traffic programs.

Is one of these programs less demanding?

I am using Windows 7 Pro 64x with an i7 Ivy Bridge processor and a Nvidia GTX 670 and 12Gigs of RAM, so it is not that my computer doesn't have the muscle, it's just that FSX doesn't use it.

My apologies! I guess that the font used on the site gives the illusion that the top of the "L" is a dot, like on top of the "i".

Don't worry about it ;-) You're by far not the only one.

Benjamin van Soldt