Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amine

Home built motion simulation platform and cockpit

324847_475450992472682_1608330770_o.jpgHello fellow pilots,i'm a mechanical engineering student and a flight simulator hobbyist and i'am glad to introduce you my customized 2 dof motion simulation platform, as you can see these are the plans that i created my self using solidworks.

the cockpit is based on a cessna g1000, and the simulator will work both on FSX and FS9 using an open source data extractor.

290768_475450665806048_401371192_o.jpg

i have already started constructing the frame but the project is stnding by because of the lack of ressources, and it's a bit hard to find any espacially for the gear motors and the cessna cockpit. :unknw:

that's why your contributions will be really appreciated :Party:

you can visit this site to contribute: http://www.kisskissbankbank.com/fr/projects/virtual-meca-flight-simulator

this is also the blog that is hosting the projecti you would like to interact with some advices :http://simdevol.blogspot.com/

DSCF4734.JPG

this is me after an exhosting day of work trying to follow the 3D model i have created.

I hope you will appreciate this work.advices and contributions are really welcome. :smile:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Amine.

Keep going guy... I am interested in seeing how you progress! :)

Manny

thanks a lot :D, i was wondring how i could make the cockpit instruments screens interractive, in this stage i know that i can display instruments screens in different displays but i do not how to precisely input data to Fsx so i can switch between different screens such as Gps or virtual horizon?

Looks really good, what a wonderfull program- solidworks, why did you choose to use chain drive instead of belt? i think those notched belt drives are not as noisy as regular sprocket and chain.