Sign in to follow this  
Simmer2050

747-8i Programmed Keys no effect

Hi

Keys programmed in PMDG key coomand menu have no effect, as example i programmed button not used in fsx or fsuipc to toggle yoke.

After setting the key testing shows programmed keys have no effect.

The same applies to all other keys programmed for MCP etc

ANy ideas

J Woods.

Perhaps you are not running FSX as an administrator. I think settings can be saved only if you have administrative privileges.

thanks for reply, after googling the problem, finally found its cause i have same keys programmed in fsuipc.

The fact that PMDG a/c donr use same controls as fsx means you have to get into some advanced usage of fsuipc in order to manage key combo for requirements of PMDG.

Planning to use exact same keys PMDG does not obey in fsx as PMDG keys, so that i dont have seperate key combos for fsx and PMDG.

Already posted on fsuipc forum on how to setup fsuipc for this using profile for pmdg or just a/c specific setting.

Would be nice if addon developers could standardise the key command issue, so that AP master ON means ON for all a/c, wihtout having to manage multiple key combinations.

Thanks for the reply

It would be nice, but unfortunately, the various programming complexities and techniques of different aircraft make standardization impossible.