Sign in to follow this  
DAL488

Surface Wind, Temp, Baro won't change after a time/date change

Using AS2012 smooth cloud transitions depiction mode.

Went to an airport today. Set date/time to Oct 17 and 19Z. All was good: wind, temp, baro accurate.

The trouble starts when I decide to change the date/time. I switched to Oct 23, 19Z, AS2012 did it's update, and the AS2012 METAR changed with new wind, temp, baro. Unfortunately, this new WX just refuses to show up in FSX. I don't know if it's an FSX issue or AS2012., but it seems like AS2012 is unable to interject the WX into FSX. The clouds appear to update; it's the wind, baro, temp that just retains the last setting.

So, I "clear all weather" using FSUIPC or the FSX menu. Press refresh on AS2012 and wait... nothing happens. Even the clouds refuse to work. Been waiting for like 5 mins now as I type this post.

Is it impossible to change the date/time on the fly?

I'm specifically trying to get Smooth Cloud Transitions mode to work because I just don't like the clouds with DWC and having to use ATC Lock or Force Destination WX.

James

Hi James,

I'm not sure what is happening here - I think we need to collect more information (flight parameters, airports used, log file) to investigate. If you could please open a ticket at http://support.hifitechinc.com it would be appreciated. Please send as much details as possible including a log export (Wx Options, export logs).

It should be fully possible to change the date/time. It can take a couple minutes for everything to update, but after that it should be proper. Something else is happening that we need to identify. The logs/parameters will be most helpful.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Ground suppression is only active in standard depiction. Having said that, I disabled it in standard depiction, and then switch back to smooth transitions. Had no effect; still same issue exists.

Will submit a ticket.

James

Just a note that we did identify a problem. Thanks for all the detailed information in the ticket, James. If anyone else is experiencing a similar issue please open a ticket at our support site. We have a test build which should solve the issue.

Thanks!

Damian Clark

Damian:

Not sure if you received my e-mails. The build fixed the issue, but I get an "AS2012 has stopped working" dialog box when I connect to FSX. It's weird though, because AS2012 hasn't stopped and continues to work just fine.

James

Hi James,

Just to confirm, this new problem was solved on your end, correct? If not please respond to the ticket so we can investigate. Thanks!

Damian Clark

Damian,

No, I still get the error message. I thought I had it figured out, but I didn't. I just responded to the ticket.

James

Hi James,

Yes please check for ticket response, and let us use the ticket exclusively on this issue if that is alright. Thanks!

Damian Clark