Sign in to follow this  
KeithyGeorge

Heraklion X

Hi Just after some opinions please.

I have most of the Aerosoft Airports in this region, and I am considering buying Heraklion X.

I will use it with NGX / MD-11.

Can anyone tell me how it compares to the likes of Corfu, Kos and Larcnaca Airports from Aerosof in terms of FPS.

I am hoping it is the same or better as Corfu, Kos and Larcnaca Airports as I get great performance with the NGX at these Airports.

Thanks in advance

Keithy

Keithy George

I have HeraklionX,and it is very nice visually,on par with CorfuX.

The configurator that comes with it,allows for deactivating certain scenery elements if you find a performance hit,which i did not!

I can thoroughly reccomend it,from a visual,and performance perspective,and can confirm its authenticity to detail, having been there many times myself.

Ronan, from these forums, and a RW Pilot, made an excellent review:

http://asn.aerosoft.com/?page_id=14938

Hope this helps

Cheers!

But it's his son.

Really?

Good one CoolP :P

And he's becoming a pilot too, right? You folks puzzled me a while back since both of you are using the same avatar and things. I did expect a conspiracy. :O:P

Either way, nice review over there.

And he's becoming a pilot too, right? You folks puzzled me a while back since both of you are using the same avatar and things. I did expect a conspiracy. :O:P

Either way, nice review over there.

LOL, he picked that one as EI-EAV has the same name as him//me/us :rolleyes: You think that's bad, try living with someone who has the same name, now that's confusion. If only he was born 5 hours later these past 18 years confusion could have been avoided... :rolleyes:

LOL :P

I shall pass on the compliments on the review.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Hi thanks for the comment from Venustus. Just wondering if anyone else has any opinion on the performance of this product please?

Also does it have an option to install static aircraft? reason I ask is I use UT2 and it does not seem to inject any traffic there on the default fsx airport so in my expeirence that means it wont in the payware either. I know I can create routes and all that in UT2 but its so much hassle I cant be bothered.

Many thanks

Keithy George

Hi thanks for the comment from Venustus. Just wondering if anyone else has any opinion on the performance of this product please?

Also does it have an option to install static aircraft? reason I ask is I use UT2 and it does not seem to inject any traffic there on the default fsx airport so in my expeirence that means it wont in the payware either. I know I can create routes and all that in UT2 but its so much hassle I cant be bothered.

Many thanks

It's a very good scenery, very detailed, and easy on the frames. No need to worry about static AI, there are some, but they are tucked away in some GA parking, not at the terminal, so you should be fine. It also has a full configuration tool, which will also allow you to reduce the coverage of the custom scenery in the city around the airport. IIRC it breaks it into 5 sections that you can reduce/eliminate, further making performance better if you need it.

I don't think you will have any issues with it whatsoever, your system trumps mine by a bit- i7-2600 3.4ghz, NVidia GT545 1gb. I use the NGX, AS2012, and MyTraffic Pro 5.4b and easily get as many, if not more frames than with Corfu. Kos is a small scenery, but it's still actually comparable. It's honestly not a system taxing scenery, especially for the coverage you get. In my own opinion I highly recommend it.

No probs with frames. I find it very easy...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776