Sign in to follow this  
Falconfly

Bad fps at fsdt jfk...excellent frames everywhere else !

hey guys...iam facing a really bad fps issue at fsdt jfk...while taxing and near the runway it arround 20-21 howeve near the terminal it goes down to 11-14 and in the air its in the range of 15-18.This is really strange as,i will normally get a constant 25-28 fps in most other addon airports.I have tried varrious settings and cleared the weather...but the fps dont change...it worsens when on approach to the airport.I would really be glad if someone could help me...Thanks !!

Clinton Royston Fernandes.

Vabb-Mumbai India.

It’s the same for me, I thought it was something to do with my settings.

Truth is FSDT JFK is notorious for bad frames, which is a petty as it is an exceptional airport.There other airports like KLAS are fine

There is no fix or patch that’s just how it is

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

It’s the same for me, I thought it was something to do with my settings.

Truth is FSDT JFK is notorious for bad frames, which is a petty as it is an exceptional airport.There other airports like KLAS are fine

There is no fix or patch that’s just how it is

Hi

I do hope the developer is reading this..i really love the airport..but the fps really kills the experience... :(

Vabb-Mumbai India.

I dont think there is any patch that will take care of this issue. The detail of some of the larger airports FSDT does is so great that they bring some of the baddest PC"S to their knees. I have FSDTKDFW and have the same issues especially with the NGX. I have to turn sliders back. This has gotten a little better for me since I switched over to DX-10. Time to get serious with a larger overclock. In my case I have run out of HorsePower with my current rig :( . The old Power Plant is just tired. Hope this helps!

As far as I know, the problem lies within FSX's depiction of the New York area, and is not FSDT's fault. It's just that New York, particularly Manhattan, is covered with a very high amount of autogen (and landmarks, of course!). Furthermore there are lots of other airports in that area, and another wuite large one. La Guardia(KLGA), which is also a so called "high detail airport".

Taking into account that JFK is one of the busiest airports in the world, there is a lot of AI aircraft flying in and out of JFK, and there's also a large amount of aircraft depicted in the area, because of LGA and the other smaller airports.

I myself always turn off AI traffic, or at least drastically reduce it, and I also reduce my scenery and autogen density settings before flying into JFK, which makes it possible to land, though it's not totally smooth (somewhere between 10 and 15 FPS, which is acceptable for me).

Overall you are right, the other FSDT airports (I have KLAS and LSGG) perform a lot better, but as stated above this is due to the high workload for the computer in the New York area, and not due to the add-on.

Regards,

Flo

As you can see my system specs is no wehere near your systems and i never get that low fps. The lowest i can get is 18 near when i am looking at the terminal when flying NGX. I , also, have imaginsim klga and WOAI at 100% and car traffic at 30%. There must be something wrong. I am using Word Not Allowed's guide and pmdg's.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Hi Guys...Thanks for your replies....Could someone please point me to a possible solution or to a guide....Cause this is really frustrating...

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Could someone please point me to a possible solution or to a guide

Have you tweaked your FSX by following either Bojote's automated tweaking tool (better suited for older machines) or Word Not Allowed's tweaking guide (for newer machines, especially with a Nvidia GPU)? As nam1394 pointed out, this can really improve performance.

Other than that, try changing AI traffic and scenery settings. This should also help to increase performance, especially in areas like New York.

Regards,

Flo

+1 on Kostas guide. Dead On !!!!!!!! Even worked with my AMD Rig!!!

Have you tweaked your FSX by following either Bojote's automated tweaking tool (better suited for older machines) or Word Not Allowed's tweaking guide (for newer machines, especially with a Nvidia GPU)? As nam1394 pointed out, this can really improve performance.

Other than that, try changing AI traffic and scenery settings. This should also help to increase performance, especially in areas like New York.

Regards,

Flo

Yes i have applied the ******* tweaks...might jus go through Word Not Allowed guide again...will report back..thanks !!

Vabb-Mumbai India.

Maybe you should rename your current fsx.cfg at first, start up FSX to let it create a new one, and teweak this one according to Word Not Allowed's guide, because he himself pointed out, that you should not mix those two tweaks.

As you can see my system specs is no wehere near your systems and i never get that low fps. The lowest i can get is 18 near when i am looking at the terminal when flying NGX. I , also, have imaginsim klga and WOAI at 100% and car traffic at 30%. There must be something wrong. I am using Word Not Allowed's guide and pmdg's.

Same for me. I have an old E8400 OC'ed to 3.85ghz, 2GB Ram, and a GTS250. With road/boat traffic off, but 80% to 100% AI and UTX night lights turned on, I usually get no worse than 20 FPS at night and ~25 FPS in the day when using the NGX. I dont have an aftermarket LaGuardia installed though.

FSDT's hubs have always been the best performing airports I own vs. the airports I have from ORBX, Aerosoft, BluePrint, ImagineSim, LatinVFR, TropicalSim, and FlightBeam, etc, especially considering the detail and size of thier hubs.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Clinton, in my guide you will find suggestions for both FSX settings, and also for the Nvidia Inspector. I recommend you set them all to exactly as they are. You can however turn off 2x SGSS if it's too much for your GTX570 (which I hardly believe).

Clinton, in my guide you will find suggestions for both FSX settings, and also for the Nvidia Inspector. I recommend you set them all to exactly as they are. You can however turn off 2x SGSS if it's too much for your GTX570 (which I hardly believe).

Hey Word Not Allowed.

What would you recommend for the LOD And Ni settings..should 2x SGSS be fine for my setup...iam currently running in 2x SGSS...thanks.

Vabb-Mumbai India.