Sign in to follow this  
Delta747Man

Carenado CT182T FPS?

Title tells all. With my sytem (see PC specs in sig) can I run this a/c okay? It will be used in ORBX PNW. Thanks! I have the A36, which is okay fps wise (about 26 out of a target of 28.)

I think I saw folks with smaller systems running her, but she has quite some impact and I wouldn't recommend her in conjunction with dense scenery on such systems. A nice plane in general though. I like her.

Either way, you can test her for 30 days since she comes with a money back policy. But maybe a non glass plane (means classic gauges) would be better suited.

Sorry, I've misinterpreted the thread. I'm speaking about the Flight1 plane and you are looking for advice on the Carenado. Shame on me. :blush:

Oh, good question. See, I didn't write that one has to buy it via the Flight1 system for that 30 day money back policy. :blush: Does fspilotshop sell them that way or do they have a separate money back policy? I don't know.

Maybe compare the prices and decide. Since your system is a smaller one, it makes sense to test the fps impact or even pick another plane, with less glass gauges.

On the G1000 details, the Flight1 plane is the best though. The Carenado version features a way lighter G1000 setup from the reports. But it eats fps too, so the FSX rule that glass comes in heavy once again seems to be true.

I would try the F1 T182T G1000... they've got a 30 day return policy... in case it didn't work on your system as expected.

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=f1t182t

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yikes. I've obviously failed to read the thread title. :blush: Sorry for the confusion. I've edited the posts.

My advices referred to the Flight1 C182T G1000. On the fps, the Carenado is heavy too but doesn't offer the details on the G1000 gauge. So if it's about G1000 details, mind Ryan's tip. I think the Carenado will come in a tad cheaper though.

Thanks for that Ryan, but I won't be flying this one a ton (too much NGX :lol: .) So, I don't need the uber-detail of the F1. I have plenty of study sims. I was just looking for a circuit basher and ORBX tourer. FYI, my rig will be updated within the next 3 months, but I'd like a 182 now, so fps is a short term issue. If the 182 is an eater, I can just wait to put it on the new system.

I was just looking for a circuit basher and ORBX tourer.

How about some Lancair or some of Anthony's nice planes? Take the Tecnam Sierra for example. Easy fps, nice details and far from being expensive. Same for his Eaglet, being a high wing plane then.

I actually have the Real Air Lancair on order! I am lacking a 182, that is the only reason I want that one. Out of the 2, which do you think is easier on FPS for now?

Although the RA Lance has some impact, it's smaller than the one from my F1 G1000 C182T. Flight1 sells some C177 by the way. I don't know if that one would be interesting, I don't have her. http://www.flight1.c...oduct=flt1c177b

The RA has some options in the config tool to allow for slightly reduced details. I think your system will do fine with her. If you run her with the RXP GPS, the fps may even get a bit better.