Sign in to follow this  
PDX Flyer

EU England (Soon!) now on orbx Web Page

This is exciting. I just looked at the orbx web site and see they now have an EU England (Soon!!) product tab at the top of their web page.

Very exciting with a lot of new screenshots.

I'm looking forward to this but have a few bones:

1. The autogen style and palcement looks great but the actual urban ground textures themselves have succeeded in disgusting me because they look far too low-res in the screenshots.

2. Following on from point 1, if you look at some of the urban/suburban photos, lots of trees are missing where there are trees on the textures. This surprises me because OrbX NZ products had the most amazingly dense forests and treelines that I've ever seen in FS.

3. Why have they been cunning and stuffed in artificially photo-shopped cloud shadows into some of their shots? Ok I concede it looks great but everyone knows this feature doesn't exist in FSX (such a pity) and it only serves to enable us to be more depressed at the lacking of this feature because we can see how much more amazing it would look if it did indeed exist.

Just my three bones worth.

I'm looking forward to this but have a few bones:

1. The autogen style and palcement looks great but the actual urban ground textures themselves have succeeded in disgusting me because they look far too low-res in the screenshots.

2. Following on from point 1, if you look at some of the urban/suburban photos, lots of trees are missing where there are trees on the textures. This surprises me because OrbX NZ products had the most amazingly dense forests and treelines that I've ever seen in FS.

3. Why have they been cunning and stuffed in artificially photo-shopped cloud shadows into some of their shots? Ok I concede it looks great but everyone knows this feature doesn't exist in FSX (such a pity) and it only serves to enable us to be more depressed at the lacking of this feature because we can see how much more amazing it would look if it did indeed exist.

Just my three bones worth.

i remember a beta person from ORBX came here and said they do not use photoshop . which picture has cloud shadow ? maybe a preview of new REX ? i have not seen cloud shadow at least !

i remember a beta person from ORBX came here and said they do not use photoshop . which picture has cloud shadow ? maybe a preview of new REX ? i have not seen cloud shadow at least !

Have a look at these two:

http://fullterrain.com/images/ss/eueng/34.jpg

http://fullterrain.com/images/ss/eueng/35.jpg

Looks like some of the landscapes are darkened to give the impression of cloud-shadows.

Have a look at these two:

http://fullterrain.c...ss/eueng/34.jpg

http://fullterrain.c...ss/eueng/35.jpg

Looks like some of the landscapes are darkened to give the impression of cloud-shadows.

? HUH ?

I disagree.

And besides I have REX HD and my clouds look way better than their screenshots.

Their England product could be quite improvement over GEX Europe and looks like it will be compatible with UK2000 airports for those who have them.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

These are not photoshoped.

As for the effects,most of the promotional shots are "enhanced",with JV's ENB settings found on the Orbx forums.

It looks really good. Im excited for this one! :dance:

Going to be nice to be able to fly in to the big UK airports with ORBX and have some awesome GA flying too

lee

These are not photoshoped.

As for the effects,most of the promotional shots are "enhanced",with JV's ENB settings found on the Orbx forums.

Ok perhaps I'm just mistaken and it's some other form of shading or just darker textures for whatever reason. Still it looked like cloud shadows when I first looked at it. Please may some clever developer find a way to do this in FSX.

Please may some clever developer find a way to do this in FSX.

Same here!

It would be awesome!

Regards.

They might be using shade for fsx in those shots, which can give that "shadowed" look.