Sign in to follow this  
newtie

FFTF questions

Hi-

I have a couple of questions regarding fiber frame time fraction...here goes.

1. If fiber frame time fraction has not been added to [MAIN], is there an invisible line of code somewhere that sets the default to .33?

2. When FFTF is enabled at whatever percentage (.1, .15, .33, etc.) does this control the loading of land and scenery or all textures including aircraft?

Thanks,

Mark

1. yes

2. no. it affects only ground texture loading.

1. yes

2. no. it affects only ground texture loading.

Thanks Word Not Allowed. BTW, I was at your site the other day-well done. On your software tuning page you left out the last but most important tweak : >) Install Prio and set fsx.cfg to either above normal or high. It removed the last hint of stutters on my machine.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi Mark, thanks, good to know it helped you!

What do you mean with:

Install Prio and set fsx.cfg to either above normal or high

Could you please clarify a bit? Thx.

Word Not Allowed, I think he means setting FSX.exe priority in windows task manager/ processes. which I personally would not do.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yeah, I partly understood what he means, though it puzzles me what is Install Prio (is it a program?).

Anyway, I think I have been playing with this quite long ago and couldn't find any liable reason to do so. I am always open to new things though - I will try it out.

Install Prio

Might be text speak maybe :)

Let me know your results. However, with your tweaks, and pre-render set at 1, I don't think I could make fsx any smoother.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

with your tweaks, and pre-render set at 1, I don't think I could make fsx any smoother.

Agreed. Never found anything better, and tried a lot.

Agreed. Never found anything better, and tried a lot.

Yeah, I partly understood what he means, though it puzzles me what is Install Prio (is it a program?).

Anyway, I think I have been playing with this quite long ago and couldn't find any liable reason to do so. I am always open to new things though - I will try it out.

Yes, it's a program that allows you to elevate fsx.exe's priority without having to go into the task manager every time. A guy over at PMDG recommended this way back and it did in fact remove the final stutters (I'm using that term loosely as I have virtually no stutters on my machine and haven't had in quite some time; I have what I would describe as 'clicks') on my machine. I completely forgot about it until I went to your site and asked myself, "Hey, where's Prio?" I'll go ahead and state the disclaimer that YMMV to spare myself from those who say it doesn't do anything on their machine, which may very well be the case.

Cheers,

Mark