Sign in to follow this  
ram1220

Why Am I Constantly Cut Off By Other AC While On Final?

This is a problem that has cropped up within the past month. I am constantly being cut off by other aircraft while I am on final approach. I am using FS9 with ASV as well as RC4.3 and AI Smooth. It happens whether I use AI Smooth or not. 8 out of 10 flights result in another aircraft cutting in front of me while I'm on final approach. I have already been cleared to land by RC. The aircraft will cut in front of me and proceed to land on the same runway just ahead of me. Then the aircraft will stop in the middle of the runway causing me to run into it. I used to do the missed approach thing but lately I have just turned off crashes and just continue through the offending plane. This has gotten extremely old. Today it happened after a long flight from EWR to DFW. I heard RC clear a US Airways flight to land on runway 35C about 1 minute before RC cleared me to land also on runway 35C. The US Airways plane was no where to be found until I was approx. 1 mile from touchdown. Then it came from my 3 oclock position travelling about 200 kts. It cut right in front of me and landed just in front of me. I was at 150kts in a B727 and he wizzed past me like I was standing still. This has happened numerous times in the past month after years of no problems. It doesn't matter what airport either. It happened yesterday to me in Boston and Newark. Other days in Denver and Seattle. Worst airport is LAX. My Ai is set at 60% in FS9 so I don't think it's set too high. RC does see the offending plane as well as mine. It just keeps stacking us on top of each other. It's honestly getting to the point where I am seriously wanting to turn off all AI and stop using Radar Contact. No settings have been changed on my computer. Everthing has worked fine with FS9 for years.

Any ideas from anyone as to what I can try? I am using the registered FSUIPC version 3.99w. I am also using Ultimate Traffic if it helps any. It is so annoying to do a perfect flight for hours only to be cut off on final and have to ghost through another airplane on the runway. Thank you.

Bob

Interact with AI is on, correct? In aismooth do you have Respond To User Aircraft enabled? Any change if you disable that?

The latest full version of FSUIPC is 3.999w at:

http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/

with an interim update 3.999x.

We also had a couple of occasions where scenery data was not correct so RC did not have the exact coordinates in relation to the runways. Try running the RC scenery rebuild again using makerwys 4.612 from:

http://forum.simflig...ional-programs/

Is this happening with default aircraft? Have you installed any scenery that changed magdec.bgl in FS9\scenery\base\scenery?

Obviously something changed that started this occurance. Any new add-ons about that time? Anything slowing pc performance?

Yes interact with AI is on as well as respond to user aircraft. Problem occurs whether I use AI Smooth or not. I'll try running RC scenery builder again and using makerwys 4.612. No as I wrote above nothing has changed in my computer. No scenery add ons nothing. I have a seperate HDD dedicated to FS9 from everything else I do. No computer slow down or computer problems. (I build and repair computers for a living) The only thing that has changed, and I really mean the only thing, is that I downloaded and am using the HJG B727-200 and their DC-9-30. Come to think of it the problem started when I began using these two aircraft from HJG. But I don't see how that would cause this problem. Or am I wrong?

And like I said RC recongnizes my plane as well as the offending plane. In each instance it appears the offending plane is given clearance to land first before I am. Then that offending aircraft has to play catch up and hauls buns to catch up and over take me. Never had this problem before and I've been using FS9 with my combo programs for years.

Bob

There's another app I've heard of, AISeparation, which speeds up aircraft in front and slows those behind, to give you more breathing room on approach. Never used it, but heard positive things about it.

Thanks Dr. I might try that program. I tried the suggestions above posted by Ronzie. This time the problem started on departure at DFW. I was cleared to position and hold on runway 36R. I was flying DFW to MEM. Lined up behind me was an American Eagle RJ. About 15 seconds after RC cleared me onto rwy 36R to position and hold RC cleared the Eagle RJ onto rwy 36R to position and hold. I pulled onto the rwy and before I could stop and wait for take off clearance the RJ was occupying the same space that I was. If I didn't have crash turned off it would have caused a crash. I have no idea what's going on. RC sees both the AI and my aircraft but wants to put us on top of each other.

I'm going to try the program suggested by the Dr. If it still doesn't work I'm just going to turn off all traffic in FS9 and stop using Radar Contact. The frustration after years of no problems is just too much. I'm not enjoying FS9 anymore. The only thing that's changed at all on my computer is that I'm now using 2 aircraft from HJG. Their B727-200 and DC9-30.

Bob

See if any of those add-on aircraft replaced FSUIPC with older versions. That might happen with a TCAS gauge if they have them or some other module required by the FMC.

The also might have placed another version of magdecl.dll in there to correct their runway database and enroute paths in the nav display.

RC should be at version 4.3845, the last one.

You can also submit a log to jd as pinned at the forum top. Start debug before you load your flight plan and start your flight in FS then RC. After the problem occurs to avoid a larger log and preserve it before quitting FS alt-tab to RC and press the quit button for a proper close. You can then go into your rc folder and rename rcv4.log to something meaningful (keeping the log extension) like including the airport names and flight date to make it unique. This will keep it from being overwritten if creating a new log.

While you have not added any applications a user here found one of the "crew" types to interfere with RC4 and had to edit that apps configuration file.

I upgraded FSUIPC to the latest version after these problems cropped up. They are still occuring so I don't think that's the problem. My RC is also the latest version. I've been simming since even before MSFS version 1. I used Sublogic's ATP. I've been doing this long enough to know when I've screwed something up. I can honestly say with 99% certainty that I haven't screwed anything up. The only thing I can think of at this point is an uninstall of RC and then reinstall it. But at this time I am too frustrated to go through all that hassle. I'm turning off all Traffic in FS9 and won't be using Radar Contact anymore. I will have to think very hard before I buy RC5 if it ever comes out.

I do have a copy of FSX that a buddy at Microsoft gave me when it first came out. It stayed on my computer about 15 minutes before I uninstalled it. Just didn't like it. I also have XPlane X. It might be time to migrate to Xplane X if I get tired of no traffic and no ATC. But for now I'm finished with Radar Contact. Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Bob

Bob,

If the only change you've made to your FS9 setup is the addition of a couple of aircraft then why not uninstall them and see if the problem goes away. if it does then those aircraft must be responsible for the problems with RC4.

It seems very strange to use a product for years that hasn't changed for years and then suddenly drop it because of problems not directly related to it. The problem must lie with something you have installed and as you have only installed those aircraft they must be responsible irrespective of how unlikely it seems.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Still occurred today with the PMDG 737 that I have been using since it came out. Also happened while trying a default FS9 plane. Not worth the hassle anymore. If I want to fly FS9 it will be without traffic and without Radar Contact. If I get bored with it that way then it's time I learn Xplane X. But thanks for the reply. It was worth a try.

Bob

Bob,

I can't believe you're giving up after so many years of using RC4 successfully. I mean no disrespect but think about it. For years you presumably had no problems running RC4 and all of a sudden you get this annoying problem. If you're certain that the only thing that has changed is the addition of these new aircraft then that installation MUST somehow have changed something causing these problems. There's no other possible explanation for it.

You didn't say if you have uninstalled these 2 new aircraft. If you haven't then flying with a default aircraft won't make any difference. Try uninstalling them and see how that goes.

Even better. Do you backup your FS installation? if so restore from the last backup before you installed those aircraft. It could well be some obscure setting that has caused it. I also have UT and use AiSmooth and I've never experienced the problem you describe. The closest I've seen to it is RC holding an Ai aircraft back that is behind me and then it accelerates at warp speed past me to the far end of the airport. It looks weird but it doesn't affect my landing.

Just do that one thing for me and if it doesn't work then fair enough. But do you really want to fly without RC with all those addons you've bought for FS9?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Bob.

In view of the long period of hassle-free use, I can't believe that RC is responsible for the traffic conflicts. Does RC talk to the offending aircraft (I mean you're not mistaking RC's communication with some other aircraft), or are they effectively invisible? Is it just the HJG planes that get in your way, or will all AI do it? I'm not sure how RC pinpoints an AI's location but it could well be that the new AI is faulty in that respect.

If you can't find the fault, or a solution, there's a facility in the full version of FSUIPC for setting a key-combination for zapping any AI directly in front of you. I use Shift+A (Shift your A*** Aircraft out of my way). FSUIPC is pre-programmed to give a very satisfying shot-gun sound when the offender is vaporised.

Give it a go.

Best regards,

D

D thanks for your response. All your questions have previuosly been answered in the original posts in this topic.

I do have the full registered version of FSUIPC and if I ever decide to use RC again I will give that suggestion a try. But for now I have stopped using RC and I no longer have a problem with AI getting in my way or stupid stuff that RC was causing. As long as I know what runways are being used in FS9 before I arrive I am just fine without RC. I am enjoying my FS9 again.

To be honest I was on the fence about whether to stop using RC or not anyway. To me the program had started to just get down right annoying. For example taking off from LAX on a flight to SEA. Being handed over no less than 9 times in the first 5 minutes of flight. Come on now. And what's up with all the traffic call outs from RC? I don't care about another plane that's 11 miles away and 4 thousand feet higher than I am. And you can't ignore all the traffic call outs. I tried. But the idiot controller must have repeated himself 13 times before I just finally shut the program down. And requesting clearance before the flight. "Clearance on request." Ok I know the program is trying to be cute with this one. But just give me my clearance already. geez.

Yesterday I did several flights using the default ATC in FS9. No Radar Contact. I did not have one problem with AI cutting in front of me. Or any other problem that RC presents. So in response to your comment in line one of your response. Yes I do think that after all these years RC is causing these problems for me.

Something has happened to RC on my system. RC is the offending prgram. I didn't change anything else on my computer. I have decided I'm not jumping through hoops changing this and that or looking at every other thing in my FS9 install other than Radar Contact. I stopped using RC and the problems went away. For me problem solved. And I probably won't be buying RC5 if it ever comes out. If I get too bored with FS9 then I'll switch to another sim. I have a copy of XPlane X that is begging for attention. I also have FSX but I wasn't impressed at all with it.

Bob

Bob,

I asked if you would uninstall those two aircraft you installed but you haven't and now you pour scorn on RC4. In your own words "This has happened numerous times in the past month after years of no problems".

If RC4 really was at fault you would have experienced all the problems you mention far more often. But you haven't so I think your comments about it being RC's fault are uncalled for.

You say "I can honestly say with 99% certainty that I haven't screwed anything up.". No, YOU probably haven't but something in that installer for those aircraft may well have. So why won't you uninstall them and try again and stop bad-mouthing a program you appear to have been satisfied with for many years.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I did uninstall those aircraft that you asked me to. I just forgot to mention it here. It made no difference at all. None. So I reinstalled them. Then I decided to stop using Radar Contact to see if the problem cleared up. Gues what? It cleared up. You can have your opinion but don't say mine is uncalled for. Especially when my problem cleared up completely when I stopped using RC. Hell the problem didn't return even when I used the default FS9 ATC. So yes in my opinion RC is to blame. So don't tell me my comments are uncalled for. But thank you very much for making me realize I made the right decision about not buying RC5. I also thank the makers of RC 3 and RC 4 for years of enjoyment. But something went wrong in my version of RC 4. And the blame towards everything else but the program as well as the attitude from the people at RC have assured me it's time to move on.

I did uninstall those aircraft that you asked me to. I just forgot to mention it here.

If you had my reply would have been quite different.

It made no difference at all. None. So I reinstalled them. Then I decided to stop using Radar Contact to see if the problem cleared up. Gues what? It cleared up. You can have your opinion but don't say mine is uncalled for. Especially when my problem cleared up completely when I stopped using RC.

If RC is responsible for the problem then why didn't it happen all those years you used it? How could a program that has remained unchanged for years suddenly start causing problems? I felt your criticism was uncalled for because if RC really was the problem it would have happened all the time.

But thank you very much for making me realize I made the right decision about not buying RC5. I also thank the makers of RC 3 and RC 4 for years of enjoyment. But something went wrong in my version of RC 4. And the blame towards everything else but the program as well as the attitude from the people at RC have assured me it's time to move on.

Maybe it was just YOUR version so an uninstall and reinstall might have resolved it. You could have created a log and sent it to JD for analysis. I'm just a beta tester - I don't have any financial involvement in RC. If someone, in my opinion, unfairly criticises RC I feel obliged to defend it.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather