Sign in to follow this  
drewsaw2

Anti-aliasing not working

This morning I installed a bunch of outstanding windows updates including the most recent Nvidia driver 310.33. After a restart I went into FSX and saw that the anti-aliasing settings from Nvidia Inspector weren't registering and everything was jagged. I went into inspector worried that somehow everything got reset, but my inspector settings are still there including my AA settings (8xS) which I have set to override.

I tried rolling back the driver and even installing the 301.42 driver released in the spring, but I'm still only getting jaggy lines. I always left the AA setting in FSX unchecked, checking it gives me application AA but its not the greatest, and I've always had it set up through inspector. I'm not sure what happened or how to correct it.

Advice? Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, the driver I installed was not 310.33, it was 306.97.

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

You should always engage AA/AF in FSX settings no matter what your NI settings. I did the same thing only FSX somehow disabled by AA and lowered by AF settings. Don't know how it did that!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This morning I installed a bunch of outstanding windows updates including the most recent Nvidia driver 310.33. After a restart I went into FSX and saw that the anti-aliasing settings from Nvidia Inspector weren't registering and everything was jagged. I went into inspector worried that somehow everything got reset, but my inspector settings are still there including my AA settings (8xS) which I have set to override.

I tried rolling back the driver and even installing the 301.42 driver released in the spring, but I'm still only getting jaggy lines. I always left the AA setting in FSX unchecked, checking it gives me application AA but its not the greatest, and I've always had it set up through inspector. I'm not sure what happened or how to correct it.

Advice? Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, the driver I installed was not 310.33, it was 306.97.

IIRC After installing a new Nvidia video driver one should always start Inspector and re-apply one's settings by just choosing "apply" once again.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

A new version of the NI was just released.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

IIRC After installing a new Nvidia video driver one should always start Inspector and re-apply one's settings by just choosing "apply" once again.

To add. On occasion, the override settings will go to default in NI when installing new drivers. Best to check them all.

Thanks everyone. After closely looking over my inspector settings a few times I discovered somehow the behavior flags was set to something other than off. Setting it back to off restored my AA settings.

Fixed.

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p