Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Running boxed version. Do I still need the SP?

Hi everyone,

I'm running the boxed version of the PMDG MD-11 for both FS9 and FSX. Are the boxed versions up to date or do I still need to install the service pack from the PMDG website?

If so, can you please tell me what issues the SP fixes?

Thanks

I would think that a boxed version would be up to date since the last update was in 2009. Nevertheless you can go to PMDG and check the version number with what you have. Verfied in the FMC. They are easy to download and install. If you cant find your version number , installing it will check and if you have the latest will abort the install.

The fixes are various and are listed in a pdf in the download. Here they are for you.

1. Virtual Cockpit: Fixed brakes pressure needle disappearing when PNL lights were turned on.

2. Added safeguard against "bad" flight plan files that caused freezing when origin/destination

ICAO codes were entered in the F-PLN INIT page fields.

3. Fixed CTD issues with airports that had a very large number of SID/STAR procedures (e.g.

LFPG in AIRAC-0901 that includes 159 SIDs).

4. The MCDU FIX page was displaying the course to the FIX instead of the FIX radial at the top of

the page.

5. In case of a non-precision approach the "MIN PROF" label was not displayed on the F-PLN

page (small fonts above the first waypoint with an estimated altitude lower than the MIN

PROF altitude).

6. "NO TAXI" indication now displays on both PFDs when any of the three IRU systems is in the

align phase. In previous versions it was displayed only on the captains PFD when IRU-1 was

aligning and only on the F/Os PFD when IRU-2 was aligning.

7. Fixed issue of ALT HOLD mode and ATS speed-on-thrust engaging on the ground during

preflight when the FCP altitude was set within 20ft of the current altitude.

8. Added missing electrical dependencies for Radio Altimeters. RA1 is powered by AC1 bus and

RA2 by AC3 bus. When either RA is unpowered an amber "X" will display on the corresponding

PFD in place of the RA readout. Autoland mode requires both RAs available, so if either RA

fails the land mode will be APPR ONLY. Also, CAWS RA callouts and DH "Minimums" callouts

will not be available when both RAs fail.

9. Autoland is now possible with one IRU inoperative in SINGLE LAND mode.

10. Corrected electrical dependency for GPWS to be AC1 bus (was DC Battery Bus in previous

versions).

11.Auto Ground Spoilers is unavailable with AC1 bus unpowered ("DISARM SPOILERS" and "USE

MAN SPOILERS" alerts apply).

12.Automatic Slats Extension (during stall conditions) is unavailable with AC3 bus unpowered.

13. In case of a landing performed with ATS disengaged, "Approach Idle" thrust was not removed

until on ground, preventing spoilers deployment and autobrakes engagement at touchdown.

Now "approach idle" is removed at 50 ft AGL.

14.Reversers are operated by corresponding engine pneumatic (GE engines) or hydraulic (PW

engines) system. This was not modeled in previous versions and it was possible to operate the

reversers (sleeve movement) even in a cold & dark situation.

15. Fixed issues with Altitude Hold when simulation rate is set at 2x.

16. Fix for descend path calculation for the case of a forced soft restriction followed by several

speed only restrictions.

17. Fixed predicted wind heading/speed values following interpolation through climb/descend

forecast table.

18. Fixed wind forecast effect on top-of-descend and descend path calculation.

19. Fixed issue with reconfiguration of DUs in case one DU fails. In previous versions when the

SDCP SD switch was pressed the ND display was replaced by a second SD display.

20. The keyboard command for "Skip Comms" in pushback was not working.

21. In case of a non-GNS equipped aircraft the position update from runway coordinates occurring

when throttles are advanced for takeoff was resulting in wrong calculation for the FMC2

position.

22. If PROF mode is armed on the ground it can be disengaged by pushing the FCP altitude knob.

23. Flight time as indicated on ND timer was not saved properly with saved flights

24. Fixed wrong label on Transponder knob (in both the VC and the 2D panel). RA was displayed

instead of TA.

25.Corrected ND VOR display in TRK mode (direction of OBS arrow was wrong).

26.When using the alternate panel.cfg with undockable DUs, the CAPT side DUs will automatically

close when switching to F/Os view if the "automatically close panel windows" option is enabled

in the PMDG menu.

27. Possible fix for "climb to glideslope" behavior due to FS data corruption.

28. Provision for very high cabin vs after early descend to cruise phase transition.

29.Adjusted flood lights effect for realism (both VC and 2D panels): Flood lighting is now barely

noticeable during daytime. The maximum flood lights effect is achieved during night. During

dusk and dawn the flood lights effect is progressively adjusted between day/night levels.

30. The BELOW G/S INHIBIT switch was not working properly when operated from the VC.

31. The "BELOW G/S" aural warning can be inhibited by pressing "G/S INHIBIT" switch on the

glareshield when below 1,000ft AGL and is reset when climbing above 1,000ft AGL or

descending below 30ft AGL. In previous versions the limit was 2,000ft AGL.

32. The arrival runway ILS frequency is autotuned only when an ILS, LOC or LDA approach is

selected (in previous versions it was autotuned always if the arrival runway was ILS equipped,

regardless of the selected approach type)

Changes specific to the FSX version

33. Fixed inoperative Dome Lights in Virtual Cockpit.

34.Improved the way flood lighting is presented in the Virtual Cockpit (fixed the washed out

panels effect).

Changes

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I would think that a boxed version would be up to date since the last update was in 2009.

Depends if he just bought it. If it is version 1.20.0055 (look in the aircraft.cfg file), then it's up to date.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Thanks for the help, guys. I purchased it last year and it includes tons of liveries. Also, according to no. 33 on the list Fixed inoperative Dome Lights in Virtual Cockpit. My dome light is working fine so I'm assuming my version is up to date.

I just finished a fresh installation of FSX and will install the MD-11 tonight. I will check the aircraft .cfg like PHX suggested.

Thanks again for your help.

The latest build is 1.20.0055 so if you have that, you've got the latest version. If not, you need to install the update.

Best regards,

Robin.