Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Carenado V35B over SF North Bay

Took off from KAPC, heading west towards Pt. Reyes. Along the way you can spot Sears Point Raceway. After Sears Point I fly out over northern Marin County, headed towards Pt. Reyes before turning north to fly over Sonoma County. Hit my limit of ten screenshots, so I'm afraid you'll miss the rest of the flight. Enjoy!

John

001-8.jpg

002-8.jpg

003-8.jpg

004-8.jpg

005-8.jpg

006-8.jpg

007-7.jpg

008-7.jpg

009-7.jpg

010-6.jpg

Great set and a lovely aircraft....I wonder why Carenado have not converted her for us 'niners yet? :Praying:

Love that plane....scenery as real as it gets!

HLJAMES

Love that V Tail!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

the smell of the pacific ocean. hmmmmmm.....

The Bay Area was a place I called home for nearly 30 years--we moved there after being born and raised in frigid Chicago. We loved the climate, being near both the ocean and redwoods (the closest redwood grove was only 20 minutes from my home in Napa). Towards the end of that 30 years I was only living in the Bay Area part time when I met my wife--I worked for a company on the east coast and traveled for them, so when I had any free time I'd visit and stay with my parents. My wife worked for an airline--she was a tour and ticketing agent, and I met her when I dropped by the airline's office to change a series of flights I was scheduled to be on. She was very pretty and attentive, and we've been married almost eighteen years. As soon as we married, I went looking for a permanent home and bought in Phoenix, where homes were very affordable. We're now in our third and probably final home here--we sit on a 25 acre park with a view of the mountains--who would want to leave? We got used to the summer heat long ago and now do just about everything outside whether it be summer or "winter", which really just means temps hovering around 70 most days. I do still miss the Bay Area, there was a greater variety of things to do there. But we still have Sedona nearby, Flagstaff with its pine forests, and for me the Pima Air museum down in Tucson. For a sense of the ocean, it's either FSX and Tileproxy......or drawing a bath. :rolleyes:

Yes, the best part of the year just began at your place. I love PHX in winter! Good hiking in TUS too (Catalinas).