Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

REX Essential Plus and Overdrive are ready!

My goodness... what's in a name... Real Environment Xtreme Essential Plus Overdrive... In a year or two, three we will have Real Environment Xtreme Essential Plus Overdrive Extra Deluxe Crucial Principal Capital Abnormal Extensial

Maybe they just should have called it REX 4.0...? ;) (And created ONE installer to bring everyone to the same level at the same time? ;) )

Anyway, I'll pass. I don't need yet another weather engine and I certainly don't need yet another few gigabytes of cloud textures! (I still use the ones from version 1.0 if I am not mistaken).

Still, don't get me wrong: of course it's absolutely great that they keep on releasing stuff like this for free!!! No doubt about that! I'm not complaining! ;)

Seems as if mine is broken. Everything is smooshed in the window, I tried to post this in the REX Essentials forum, but they wont let me upload a screen shot. I can't pick textures or really do anything.

I had the same issue. I installed the upgrade into the wrong folder. :rolleyes:

Just make sure you install into the REXe folder

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Links are at the bottom of each upgrade page.

LOL Stupid me. Didnt clue in to the flags as being links.

Thanks

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

My goodness... what's in a name... Real Environment Xtreme Essential Plus Overdrive... In a year or two, three we will have Real Environment Xtreme Essential Plus Overdrive Extra Deluxe Crucial Principal Capital Abnormal Extensial

Maybe they just should have called it REX 4.0...? ;) (And created ONE installer to bring everyone to the same level at the same time? ;) )

Anyway, I'll pass. I don't need yet another weather engine and I certainly don't need yet another few gigabytes of cloud textures! (I still use the ones from version 1.0 if I am not mistaken).

Still, don't get me wrong: of course it's absolutely great that they keep on releasing stuff like this for free!!! No doubt about that! I'm not complaining! ;)

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

Bob

We will be starting our first Online Training Session - if anyone would like to join us.

http://www.realenvir...essential-plus/

I can't post anything at REX, look at my profile, PM anyone or access the upgrade pdf or DL files, keep getting a permission error, Im logged in and verified (MrSpeaker)

LOL Stupid me. Didnt clue in to the flags as being links.

Thanks

Don't feel bad took me a while to find them too. :)

All servers seem to be down.

More likely all servers from REX and FSS are being hammered.

Some 4 hours ago I was lucky and got a download going, but speed is 25 KB/Sec, on a T1 connection, some 32 hours to go.

EDIT: I just cancelled it, need to go.

I've finally installed it and while one had to watch the folder it suggested (I already had the normal Essential installed, so I expected it to find it), the rest of the installation went fine and fast. So I was upgrading from Essential to Essential Plus Overdrive, means the folder had to be the one of the already existing installation.

Regarding fast, the new build really adds speed. Even my slow second PC boots it in seconds rather than minutes, which happened before from time to time. The whole thing feels and acts way faster and I've also tested the impact of the historical data which seems to get loaded and injected properly. Great feature and, so far, the only one which lead me to use another weather engine at times.

So if REX now gives me the (in my eyes) best real-time weather impression and the new historical stuff, I'm happy as can be.

Now I have to check what the new weather engine mode gives me. So far and from one short flight in the Maddog, the smoothing and cloud setups once again look amazing right out of the box. I've added a bit more turbulence to check if any problems would arise. The older build sometimes came in a bit heavy there, so the sliders were full left. Now I'm in the middle.

On the textures. Well, plenty. I don't think I will ever see them all. :lol:

Am I missing something? Hardly. So lets hope the download servers get some rest soon and you folks can test run the new build. :smile:

CoolIP,

Please post screenshots of your selected options. There are so many to choose from (not textures but weather) that we need some guidance on a reasonable setup.

thanks,

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Got it downloaded and installed and I like the improvement, especially the lack of turbulence when weather is injected.

Good stuff B)

Mark, just let me settle a bit on the new settings. Means the ones which I've increased over the old build. I wouldn't want to post settings which throw around fancy addon planes for example.

Did you see that the REX folks even offer Skype sessions to help folks? For free of course.