Sign in to follow this  
HLJames

Modane, France

Nice shots! There are certainly plenty of fascinating places to poke around and explore with FranceVFR.

John

Nice pics!!! I'm planning on getting FranceVFR stuff in the near future. One question I have though is how does the VFR series compare to the PhotoHD series they have? I know the VFR series will add the autogen/3D buildings, which is a huge plus and the one I'm leaning towards getting, but there must be a trade off or difference between the two besides that. Otherwise, why offer the two different versions?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I think their VFR France ...their 3D version is very good. I am waiting for their Alps region. I prefer VFR France with autogens

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Great sense of Depth! Nice James

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Nice shoots :smile:

Looked at some videos with FranceVFR with autogen and and it looked amazing so I have some questions. How is the performance compared to i.e Orbx, Gex, Utx?

Edit: Nevermind couldn't resist and got tired waiting for someone to give an answer so I bought France VFR Bretagne, guess I'll find out about the performance when the download is finished :rolleyes:

Nice pics!!! I'm planning on getting FranceVFR stuff in the near future. One question I have though is how does the VFR series compare to the PhotoHD series they have? I know the VFR series will add the autogen/3D buildings, which is a huge plus and the one I'm leaning towards getting, but there must be a trade off or difference between the two besides that. Otherwise, why offer the two different versions?

Rural areas have spectacular color and detail, made from high quality photo. Medium size cities can be troublesome, blended with poor quality photo in some areas. Large cities like Paris and Monico I would not recommend.

The trade off is real vs nicely represented.

Performance is about like ORBX rural.

HLJAMES

Nice shoots :smile:

Looked at some videos with FranceVFR with autogen and and it looked amazing so I have some questions. How is the performance compared to i.e Orbx, Gex, Utx?

Edit: Nevermind couldn't resist and got tired waiting for someone to give an answer so I bought France VFR Bretagne, guess I'll find out about the performance when the download is finished :rolleyes:

Why did you get the Bretagne when they have newer technology using 3D like

Alsace VFR v2 FSX

and

Haute Normandie VFR

Manny

Manny

I was considering trying Alsace VFR. Their screenshots look very good, but unless the autogen is actually better looking than what comes with their Chambery Aux-les-Bains airport product which I now have, I don't think I would be too happy. Especially now that Orbx EU England is on the horizon.

John

VFR France airports are real bad. Those are usuall small airports with default runway and taxiway texutures? So what is it they are giving for the price? 1 or 2 custom buildings?

What a farce! Total waste of money.

I think their 3D sceneries are very good. Its just that the two area they now have is not enticing for me to buy..

I was told their new HD Alps north (Only HD photo textures sans autogens) covers a different area than their older version of North Alps (which I own). Their newer version leaves out a big chunk of the French Alps... it only covers the lower areas to the west... Shame they would do that and then call it Northern Alps. I am hoping if and when they come up with 3D Alps, I would grab it if they do the French Alps that covers the courchevel airport area in 3D.

Manny

Why did you get the Bretagne when they have newer technology using 3D like

Alsace VFR v2 FSX

and

Haute Normandie VFR

Manny

Because I decided to get them all, just picked one for testing and make sure it worked with ES scenerys. I now have bought all of them and plan to buy the rest when they get out, liked Brittagne too even if Its lower resolution photos.