Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

for who the 737 is the favorite plane

Hello,

i was wondering does the 737 the favorite for you? or are you flying it due to the system depth, simulation, graphics?

i actually love the 767/777/747 but flying the 737 due to the graphics, convenience of the plane, sounds (every button has his own sound, love it!) and it's a boeing(;

what about ya?

I really love the Airbus A380, but simulation wise there is no plane that comes close to the 737. Also, I love the 737 because you can sort of use it to "hop" from one small airport to another one, where with the bigger planes you can only visit the big airports.

I do also have the 747 from PMDG, but the 737 is much better to fly. The 747 gave me lots of problems, although it still is a beauty to see. Now I am waiting for the 777 from PMDG. That will make a nice addition which can also be used to visit the medium airports.

In real life the story is clear: I love all planes, from very small to very big and I try to fly different planes, on each trip one I did not fly yet. Can't wait to fly from London to Melbourne on the A380 in a few months time :D

I really love the Airbus A380, but simulation wise there is no plane that comes close to the 737. Also, I love the 737 because you can sort of use it to "hop" from one small airport to another one, where with the bigger planes you can only visit the big airports.

I do also have the 747 from PMDG, but the 737 is much better to fly. The 747 gave me lots of problems, although it still is a beauty to see. Now I am waiting for the 777 from PMDG. That will make a nice addition which can also be used to visit the medium airports.

In real life the story is clear: I love all planes, from very small to very big and I try to fly different planes, on each trip one I did not fly yet. Can't wait to fly from London to Melbourne on the A380 in a few months time :D

Lol, i hate airbus comparing to the boeing aircrafts, they're a lot more fun to fly.. cheers.

PMDG's 737NGX is the perfect combination of everything for me. The system simulation is fantastic, the panel and virtual cockpit texturing splendid, the 3D model looks great and the 737 series is one of my favorite aircraft types. It simply the look of it and the routes it's used on. Too bad a big German carrier doesn't operate them :wink:.

I'd go crazy (don't take this too serious) if PMDG would announce a 300/400/500 version in the works, but this is impossible :smile:.

By the way I am not too keen on the 777 for example. It's going to be marvellous for sure but it simply doesn't attract me too much.

I like the NGX because of it's simulation depth, but also I have been on it many times. I went on a Thompson 737-700 with winglets to Tenerife TFS about 4 years ago.

I have flown about 8 times since then and they have all been A320s or A321s. It seems that EasyJet, Thomas Cook, Airlingus all go for airbus on the Tenerife run from EGKK.

I don't know when I am going to see a real 737 again. I quite like the airbus, but PMDG are very Boeing through and through. I would love it if they gave a A320 a go, after the 777-200ER.

I did try a addon A320 a couple of years ago. And it was bad. Can't remember the name of it even. I didn't even reload it on my new system.

thanks guys for the answers.

I like the NGX because of it's simulation depth, but also I have been on it many times. I went on a Thompson 737-700 with winglets to Tenerife TFS about 4 years ago.

I have flown about 8 times since then and they have all been A320s or A321s. It seems that EasyJet, Thomas Cook, Airlingus all go for airbus on the Tenerife run from EGKK.

I don't know when I am going to see a real 737 again. I quite like the airbus, but PMDG are very Boeing through and through. I would love it if they gave a A320 a go, after the 777-200ER.

I did try a addon A320 a couple of years ago. And it was bad. Can't remember the name of it even. I didn't even reload it on my new system.

Hello,

i think you meant the wilco series? and BTW fslabs if nothing has changed are working on a beautiful a320, also aerosoft are in about to release their a320 extended version, take a look if you like the airbus.

the 777 and 747 are the 2 for me, i like the responsibility of flying big jets. thank you/PMDG. cheers.

The Airbus A319/20/21 are my favourite as all of my favourite airlines use the type, BA, easyJet, Lufthansa etc. Also I like flying short European routes and these are dominated by the small Airbuses.

But until something gets close to the 737NGX in terms of immersion and overall 'wow' factor it's all I'll be flying!

I personally always liked the A320 over the B737. I have been at times tempted to purchase the PMDG B737, but to conserve costs, I am skipping it and waiting for the B777. I never liked the blunt head and weird engines and tail of the B737NG, although I admit I like the wing better than that of the A320.

737 is my favorite short-medium haul aircraft, but nobody can beat the T7 in terms of Long Haul. So until then, I will remain one with my 737NGX (:

I have been at times tempted to purchase the PMDG B737, but to conserve costs,

Ahh man it is definatly worth it, just for a few bucks more more. You can't really tell how in-depth the other addons are?

My primary aircraft are the B747 and the C510. Through images, threads, and videos, I can see that the B737 is far superior in virtually every regard to the B747 (hence the temptation), but I'd prefer purchasing the FSL A320 and the PMDG B777 instead.

Hello,

i was wondering does the 737 the favorite for you? or are you flying it due to the system depth, simulation, graphics?

i actually love the 767/777/747 but flying the 737 due to the graphics, convenience of the plane, sounds (every button has his own sound, love it!) and it's a boeing(;

what about ya?

Nothing currently beats the NGX in terms of graphics and systems simulation. I haven't been seriously flying anything else since the NGX was released.

What I still cannot get around is that PMDG chose to model a very beaten, used, smudgy and dirty cockpit; more that of a 737 that is scheduled for scrapping or having the rest of its life spent somewhere flying around in the dark corners of some third world country because it was replaced by a newer model.

I've been in some real NG cockpits and I must say that at least here in Europe, I've not seen a cockpit as run-down as the one in the NGX.

But well ... with regard to that, Photoshop is my friend :P

Dave P. Woycek

I love the smudgy, dusty cockpit! It makes it seem so much more real!

The Airbus A319/20/21 are my favourite as all of my favourite airlines use the type, BA, easyJet, Lufthansa etc. Also I like flying short European routes and these are dominated by the small Airbuses.

But until something gets close to the 737NGX in terms of immersion and overall 'wow' factor it's all I'll be flying!

That's the reason why I'd like to finally see an NGX-quality A319/320 for FSX. Not many 737NG's around here in Europe except for the massive number Ryanair contributes. :wacko:.

Not that I particularly dislike Airbus, but it kind of bugs me that there is a trend with European airlines to skip Boeing on fleet renewals and go for A319/320's instead, even if the respective airline used to operate NG's before. See EasyJet or Germania.

Kind of an Airbus monoculture coming up here in the old world :(

I love the smudgy, dusty cockpit! It makes it seem so much more real!

I'm not arguing against a used cockpit, I'm arguing against having to fly a run-down trashcan :lol:

Dave P. Woycek