Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

for who the 737 is the favorite plane

That's the reason why I'd like to finally see an NGX-quality A319/320 for FSX. Not many 737NG's around here in Europe except for the massive number Ryanair contributes. :wacko:.

Not that I particularly dislike Airbus, but it kind of bugs me that there is a trend with European airlines to skip Boeing on fleet renewals and go for A319/320's instead, even if the respective airline used to operate NG's before. See EasyJet or Germania.

Kind of an Airbus monoculture coming up here in the old world :(

Yes, but I guess the European carriers like to show solidarity with the European manufacturer and support it's own. I don't think it's coincidence that there are far more US carriers operating the 737 and more EU carriers operating the smaller Airbuses.

I actually prefer the look of the A320 series to the 737 series, I think it's a nicer looking aircraft from the outside than the 737. If there was a product of PMDG quality for the A320 my simming life would be complete! 737 and A320 doing short hops all over Europe, lovely!

I'm looking forward very much to the release of the FSLabs A320 - I hope it doesn't feel sub-par to the NGX!

I love all the 737 family from the tinmouse to the Max, that will come in the near future.

What makes me fascinating is the graphic of intrument clear an sharp and well organized.

The philosophy in Boeing is to respect the logic of instrument and tool that you find from Ga aircraft, that one pilot normally get in knowledge during his carrier.

The yoke ,even if I can't enjoy as the real one, makes more control in case of handflyng and this persist even in the new 787.

Instead of Airbus where the graphic looks small like an 8 bit game and you fill that it lacks of the many instrument that you have to taking care.

Is really strange to see a joystick to handle such aircraft even if electrical and hydraulic master all the aspect of flyng.

In terms of fuselage I like more the shape of boeing than airbus, the new 380 it looks like a beluga, even if the new 787 have a similar shape.

But my preferred one is the 737 tinmouse for the incredible shape and manoeuvrability and all possible place where it can land.

You cannot just generalize the shapes of all Airbuses and Boeings. Here are some of my detailed aesthetic opinions about some aircraft of the modern fleet:

A320 vs. B737: I just do not see what is so beautiful about the B737. The originals looked like rubber ducks, while the newer generation is awkwardly shaped. The nose protrudes like the neck of a turtle, the engines are low and look deformed, and the curvature of the front of the tail structure looks like it was cut incorrectly. The only thing I like about the B737 compared to the A320 is its passenger view of the wing.

A330 vs. B757 vs. B767: I view the B767 as a less-refined version of the B777 in terms of aesthetics. The A330 and its gear and wings look elegant, especially during landing and takeoff, but the upturned wings look unnatural at times. The engines of the A330 are also slightly flat and long. Nevertheless, it is one of my favorites. I think the B757 is one of the most attractive aircraft with its elegant nose and long nose gear. Perhaps only the B787 is a worthy rival from the medium-sized aircraft category.

A340 vs. B777: The A340 has similar properties to the A330. The B777, particularly its engines and wing, is shaped particularly nicely. The only thing I don't like about its look is the slight "angling bump" near the place where the curvature of the nose from the main fuselage begins.

A380 vs. B747: Both have unique designs. While I like the B747 for its elegant hump and interesting-looking flaps, the A380 has something special about it as well. The ailerons are particularly interesting to watch.

Not that I particularly dislike Airbus, but it kind of bugs me that there is a trend with European airlines to skip Boeing on fleet renewals and go for A319/320's instead, even if the respective airline used to operate NG's before. See EasyJet or Germania.

Not really - purely financial decisions, around purchase, localized maintenance, EU 'financial sweeteners' to buy European, etc.... the same reasons that most North American carriers would choose Boeing (although, I believe Air Canada have more Airbus than Boeing now! :smile:

Not really - purely financial decisions, around purchase, localized maintenance, EU 'financial sweeteners' to buy European, etc.... the same reasons that most North American carriers would choose Boeing (although, I believe Air Canada have more Airbus than Boeing now! :smile:

Still, my impression is that there are far more US/CAN carriers looking into acquiring A319/A320's than there are European carriers looking into getting 737's. It's an almost safe bet for any European carrier that on fleet renewal they'll get Airbus, while it appears to be a 50:50 chance for US carriers.

I might be wrong, it's just a gut feeling from reading around on the internet, so please wise me up and post any data and figures that prove the contrary.

Dave P. Woycek

Hi all,

I absolutely love PMDG's simulation of the 737. Althought It is not an aircraft I particularly like. I much prefer the Airbus 320 family, I think it is much more aestetic than the 737. I also much prefer the flightdeck, flybywire, ecam pages etc. Should be amazing to fly on a PC. I think the aibus flys by computers so should suite being simulated on a computer. I can't wait for FSLABS 320. Although It would be the news of the century if PMDG said they were doing an airbus as I believe PMDG are the best in the business and have proved with their 737 that no one can come close to their level of detail.

Cheers

Neil

That's the reason why I'd like to finally see an NGX-quality A319/320 for FSX. Not many 737NG's around here in Europe except for the massive number Ryanair contributes. :wacko:.

I'm not arguing against a used cockpit, I'm arguing against having to fly a run-down trashcan :lol:

:) At least there are no used condoms and half smoked spliffs layin' around :) :)

23.png

PMDG's 737NGX is the perfect combination of everything for me. The system simulation is fantastic, the panel and virtual cockpit texturing splendid, the 3D model looks great and the 737 series is one of my favorite aircraft types. It simply the look of it and the routes it's used on. Too bad a big German carrier doesn't operate them :wink:.

I'd go crazy (don't take this too serious) if PMDG would announce a 300/400/500 version in the works, but this is impossible :smile:.

By the way I am not too keen on the 777 for example. It's going to be marvellous for sure but it simply doesn't attract me too much.

There is a 737 Classic being done by Enigma Simulations, and honestly, it looks slightly superior to the PMDG 737NG. Here's the link to the previews: http://www.enigmasim.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1055&st=0

They say they'll be doing a separate virtual cockpit for each livery, for ultimate realism. Visually, they're supposedly going to have each rivet in the correct spot, and other such details. I think what you people fail to do is check for little hole-in-the-wall developers such as Majestic. EnigmaSim, Leonardo, and others. They often make the best addons.

While visual models are important, systems accuracy and depth is often more important. The visual models of the Aerosoft Airbus X and the QualityWings B757 are far superior to that of the PMDG B747, but I still fly the latter the most because of its more-complete systems modeling.

While the Enigma is very beautiful, it is difficult to judge how well its systems will be modeled. The attention to detail deserves praise, but I think the rivets statement was meant to be taken metaphorically. Such detail has several drawbacks. First, development time may be extremely long, to the point where potential buyers have lost interest or have turned to other alternatives. There have been many highly anticipated products in development that have been stalled or cancelled. Second, performance may be impacted, thus severely detracting from the realism of the visual model. If you attain a perfect visual model of an aircraft, your attention will only be drawn towards the comparably ugly FSX environment. Also, we need high-quality manuals in order to develop realistic flying habits.

While the project looks interesting, I wouldn't boldly claim that Enigma is one of the best developers, especially since they still have not released any products. Even products with promising visual models such as those of Captain Sim are released with occasional bugs.

While visual models are important, systems accuracy and depth is often more important. The visual models of the Aerosoft Airbus X and the QualityWings B757 are far superior to that of the PMDG B747, but I still fly the latter the most because of its more-complete systems modeling.

While the Enigma is very beautiful, it is difficult to judge how well its systems will be modeled. The attention to detail deserves praise, but I think the rivets statement was meant to be taken metaphorically. Such detail has several drawbacks. First, development time may be extremely long, to the point where potential buyers have lost interest or have turned to other alternatives. There have been many highly anticipated products in development that have been stalled or cancelled. Second, performance may be impacted, thus severely detracting from the realism of the visual model. If you attain a perfect visual model of an aircraft, your attention will only be drawn towards the comparably ugly FSX environment. Also, we need high-quality manuals in order to develop realistic flying habits.

While the project looks interesting, I wouldn't boldly claim that Enigma is one of the best developers, especially since they still have not released any products. Even products with promising visual models such as those of Captain Sim are released with occasional bugs.

You've made several good points here, and I'm all about good points. I, like you, value the systems simulation far more than visuals, which is why I listed Majestic and Leonardo along with EmigmaSim. Also, if you read through their forum, they have indeed said that the systems simulations will be top notch, again the most important part to me. I wouldn't have listed them if they hadn't decided to go for realistic systems.

On a side note, I never actually said they were among the best developers, but rather I stated that the best addons often come from these smaller companies that only have one or two products.

Thanks for considering,

You've made several good points here, and I'm all about good points. I, like you, value the systems simulation far more than visuals, which is why I listed Majestic and Leonardo along with EmigmaSim. Also, if you read through their forum, they have indeed said that the systems simulations will be top notch, again the most important part to me. I wouldn't have listed them if they hadn't decided to go for realistic systems.

On a side note, I never actually said they were among the best developers, but rather I stated that the best addons often come from these smaller companies that only have one or two products.

Thank you. I don't want to come across as an ignorant supporter of only PMDG products, and I do recognize the potential of lesser-known developers, but what developers promise is unfortunately not always fulfilled. For example, there have been many attempts to create a decent Airbus, and many have failed, although we will be seeing the release of two in the near future. While they should be good, I am wondering how they fit in the realism spectrum in relation to PMDG. In the case of small developers, it is probably quite difficult to obtain reliable sources of data for modeling. PMDG is fortunate to have partnerships/relationships with some of the aircraft manufacturers, which makes guaranteeing simulation accuracy easier (to a degree).

Regardless, I am looking forward to the release and (the hopefully good) reception of the Enigma B737. PMDG has done a pretty good job of compromising between systems depth and visuals. There are still several animations and visuals I do not find perfect, but then again, the realism is truly awesome.

I would much prefer to fly an A330 or a B767 as elaborated as the 737. Even in the mid-size jet department i guess i prefer the A319 and A320 and i say i guess because i still have to try a flyable model so i can compare properly :P

So, yeah, i fly the 737 mostly because of its systems, not because it's a 737.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Because, it is amazing to fly an aircraft like the 737NG. I'm american, so i prefer Boeing 737NG/777/787 only.