Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

for who the 737 is the favorite plane

Same for me, have NGX, will buy T7. But I might go buy the PMDG Jetstream, sometimes I regret going too fast to jetliners, back to basic with a slower prop maybe good for skills.

I think we all need a Dash 8 from PMDG :D. I wish they would consider making it some day.

I, on the contrary, prefer the 737 looks over A320.

+1

I think we all need a Dash 8 from PMDG :D. I wish they would consider making it some day.

Yes!

Same for me, have NGX, will buy T7. But I might go buy the PMDG Jetstream, sometimes I regret going too fast to jetliners, back to basic with a slower prop maybe good for skills.

you will love the jetsream, if anything it feels even more realistic than the 737 if thats even possible

ZORAN

Great, thanks, getting that old creditcard out again... ;)

23.png

A320 cockpit feels like it is a bit missing something. Plus yoke>joystick. Basically my thoughts are you got your instruments and control stick in front of you - here pilot, fly it. Airbus has it's controls put on the sides and has a retractable table (!!!) put in front of the pilot. Nice! Also, no limitations from the plane on the pilot from the Boeing aircraft, Airbus has computer put in front of the pilot, I can't live with that now :D.

Yeah I know, majority now gonna give me that "fly-by-wire" BS now, NG got that too now, except for spoilers and probably something else.

I agree that the gray Airbus cockpits are somewhat colder and less friendly than the Boeing cockpits, but the simple and sleek layout of the instruments is more aesthetically appealing, and probably more convenient once you get used to it. While I personally prefer the yoke, as it gives a sense of greater precision, I have side stick days as well.

I think the fly-by-wire and the side stick of the Airbus are a great combination, and are perhaps the most appropriate fit for Airbus's modern cockpit philosophy. I think most Airbus pilots like fly-by-wire, and some converts from Boeing seem to enjoy the enhanced precision as well. I find it interesting how Boeing jumps from complete fly-by-wire (B777) to partial fly-by-wire (B747-8, B787). Regardless, I can understand why one may dislike the seemingly overly modern flight controls of the Airbus. One thing I do appreciate is the flight envelope protection.

My personal favorite airliners though would have to be the 757/767 series. The 757 with all that power and agressive ground stance and the 767 with the graceful lines...I think the 767's simplicity in design makes it an attractive aircraft. There aren't any spots on the 767 that you look at and say "hey, that's a bit out of proportion," unless of course you take into account the winglet retrofit. I'm not a big fan of the huge winglets.

I love the exterior of the B757, but the cockpit is becoming slightly dated compared to that of newer aircraft. I think the B767 alone is a very beautiful aircraft, but it seems too boxy and less refined when compared with the B777, which I find better looking in every way. The B767-400 has the same beautiful wings and raked wing tips, though. I never liked the forward tilt of the gear of the B767.

I don't really like propeller aircraft, but would be interested in a corporate / very light jet (VLJ), such as those made by Beechcraft, Bombardier, Cessna, etc. Consoles such as the G1000 provide the same jetliner feel, but on a much more personal level.

I don't really like propeller aircraft, but would be interested in a corporate / very light jet (VLJ), such as those made by Beechcraft, Bombardier, Cessna, etc. Consoles such as the G1000 provide the same jetliner feel, but on a much more personal level.

I wasn't too, but then I flew on one of these bad boys (Dash 8 Q400). Such a great plane!

Why would we want PMDG to waste their time doing a Dash-8? There's a perfectly good one, that looks just like anything PMDG would make, coming out soon from a developer called Majestic. PMDG should continue doing what they're doing - filing gaps that need to be filled, not creating aircraft that have been done nicely already. Majestic's current Q300 is used by real airlines for training, and there's no reason why the Q400 coming out shouldn't have that same level of realism. It's also visually stunning, as is any model done by Samdim.

William,

I'm german and i live 25 km away from Hamburg Finkenwerder and the Airbus facillities. But i prefer the Boeing 737. The PMDG Bobby is my only Plane add-on for FSX. It's a very nice plane and i'm Waiting for the ER-Versions.

I will Not buy the 777, because i don't like Long haul Flight in FSX.

+1

I would only prefer an aircraft over another due to its better design and features (and a bit of aesthetics) instead of over "nationality". It is really difficult to call any large commercial aircraft purely "American" or "European", because so many of the parts (the majority, in fact) come from other places in the world, such as Japan.

I will buy the B777 and use it for short flights, which exist in Asia and some parts of the Middle East (there's a thread about this if you want inspiration).

I have always been attracted by Boeing.

My favorite planes are the 737NG, 787, 777 and 747-8i/f

Me too !

My favorite aircraft in the sim would definitely be the NGX - it is amazing fun to pilot, and looks amazing - best combination of things for me.

But my favorite would be the 767. It is by far my favorite aircraft.