Sign in to follow this  
Justin Michael

FSX time doesn't change.

I know this has been discussed before as I have search though numerous threads on this matter. I would like to know, of those in the US, if their sim changed from Daylight Savings time along with windows. For some reason my sim is still observing DST time, meaning one hour behind real time.

This is something normal for me, this happens each time the clocks change, the only way seems to be a re-installation of everything, and that is not a task i'd like to undertake. I have tried FSrealtime, re-installed ultimate traffic. I am out of ideas, maybe a reinstall may be the only way. Although before stepping to that measure, I am here for advice.

Other than making sure that you have "use system time" checked, I can think of nothing else. You might (if you do have it checked) uncheck, restart, and recheck and see if that would help. Sorry if this doesn't apply.

John

John Wingold

Try loadng up FSX, correct the time and then re-save your default start-up flight.

You need another Timezone.bgl

A search in the Avsim library may bring one up.

Just a note that windows timezone settings have nothing to do with time in FSX. All FSX does is look at the current local time reported by windows, then uses that and the aircraft location to determine what the UTC/GMT is by applying the FSX internal timezone settings (there is no DST at all in the basic FSX, but the default which I think is unchanged from RTM version contains a timezone.bgl file which does provide outdated DST info just for the US and western Europe).

Once FSX computes the UTC/GMT it will update local time as required as the user aircraft transitions between timezone boundaries, again using whatever timezone files (default or addon) are available. Note that FSX addon timezone scenery has the ability to specify day-of-week for DST change, so should properly adjust the DST day-of-year from year to year.

scott s.