Sign in to follow this  
micgla1959

Microsoft Flight Sim (Gold Edition)

Hi all,

I've recently purchased Microsoft Flight Sim. When i go through the install it hangs and gives a error 1335 and reads Cabinet file D1fea--12.cab is corrupt. Any solutions to this or maybe i need to return this cd. I have a pretty robust gaming computer with lots of memory so not sure if this is an issue or not. Help!!!

thanks,

Newbie Mike

Welcome, Mike. :smile: Can you copy the discs in full to your HDD and start the setup from there? This would make sure that the medium itself (DVD) is ok. If the simply copy process also hangs, then you may have received a bad medium. :mellow: Or it's dirty.

Just guessing though. The mentioned error code returns some 'bad medium' results via Google.

I tried coping the entire 2 disks to a folder on my desktop. I then ran the setup from there. It still failed on 3 .cab files. So what i ended up doing was deleting the file in question as it hung up and copying the exact file that i had deledted from the dvd to the folder on the desktop. I clicked try again on the install error dialogue box and 1 by 1 i did this and was able to continue the install until it worked! So now i am flying and learning.

Thanks for your suggestion CoolP that did the trick.

newbieMike

Sounds like a bit of pain. But it's good to hear that the outcome is a running sim. Enjoy!

Wow, had I had to go through that, this site might have been called "Rock'in_Rail.com. :Nerd:

Seriously, welcome aboard and glad to hear you were able to sort it all out.