Sign in to follow this  
razz1

Error message in start TileProxy

I'm trying to use TileProxy with FSX but when I ran the"Start TileProxy" the four lines read:

"proxyUser: Volume listing failed with error: 0x80070005'

"proxyUser: making sure SuperFetch service is not running..."

"proxyUser: Connecting to the filter"

"proxyUser: ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002"

Although FSX started up okay after that, I don't know if the scenery is the FSX default version

or the TileProxy version.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi razz1 :Peace:

You might need this to make things happen with TP.

http://www.blogsdna.com/2775/install-unsigned-drivers-on-windows-7-vista-with-driver-signature-enforcement-overrider.htm

Othervice i can point you to :

Latest map version : http://aviation.allanville.com/tileproxy/

Avsim TP forum : http://forums1.avsim.net/forum/284-the-tileproxy-project-forum/

Ed Truthan TP guide : http://www.edtruthan.com/tileproxy/tutorial/

i wish you many happy flight´s with TP

Viking :hi:

Thanks for the info Viking, but unfortunately I still can't get TileProxy to run.

Here's what I did:

I pushed the UAC slider all the way down.

I downloaded the Driver Sig enforcement overrider and ran the program

which apparently worked since it 'claimed' to have removed the restriction of one file that

was not digitally signed and the TileProxy install ran though without

without a hitch.

But when I ran 'Start TileProxy" I still got error messages.

My system is:

AMD FX-6120

Six-Core Processer

3.50 GHz

RAM 10.0 GB

64-bit Operating System

Just a thought; could it be the 64 bit OS?

Hi Razz1

Now .... it´s been a looong time since i used TP but i remember something about signing the tileproxy.sys file ...!

Did you do that afterwards ?

if not .... u should use the little program u downloaded to sign it by :

• Select the option "Enable Test Mode" and click "Next"
  • Select "Sign a System File" and click "Next"
  • On the search box type this path: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\tileproxy.sys (This is the most probable place this file is located in)
  • Finally select "Exit" and click "Next".

Above text found from a link i had lying around here !!!

Then : Restart your computer, and when rebooted you should " in one of the cornes of your screen " see that you have suspended your system into "Testmode"

All that should be left to do is to start Tilieproxy and you should be on you way .

PS.

If that dosent work try and look in your sysWOW64 folder under Windows, and see if the file is hiding in there.... and then sign that tileproxy.sys file there instead!

I simply cant remember Razz1, but i sure hope that this will be helpfull for you.

Happy TP `ing :hi:

Thanks again Viking, but I'm about to give up. I 'did' do all the steps : "sign a system file, etc."

and the file is where it supposed to be in system32, and the program tells me it has been succesfully 'signed' but I still get an error message when I run "startproxy".

proxyUser: Volume listing failed with error: 0x80070005'

proxyUser: making sure SuperFetch service is not running...

proxyUser: Connecting to the filter"

proxyUser: ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002"

I'm wondering if I should go into 'properties' and edit the file to give me full control?

That might do it and it would effect just the TP file, right?

At the risk of beating a dead horse, I want to mention that although I know a little about manipulating game files, I'm far from a techie :p0310: and so I have no idea what the error messages signify.

I mean, I followed all the hints, tutorials, fixes, et al, and nothing worked. OTOH, no one else seems to have a problem with using the program so I can't figure out why I am?

Could it have anything to do with my Internet settings or my 64 bit system? :Thinking:

FWIW, here are my specs again:

AMD FX-6120

Six-Core Processer

3.50 GHz

RAM 10.0 GB

64-bit Operating System

Anybody?

You need to disable driver signatures when booting into Windows and then TP will run just fine.

Hi again razz1 :)

Thanks for pitching in here JSkorna, i belive that little program im pointing razz1 here to use is excatly designed to do that for you instead of pressing (F8) or whatever it takes

when you boot up to get rid the driver signing, but hey ...try it out of course :)

When you first install TP it will create a cache.service1 folder wich will hold all your "tiles", but if you under installation of TP direct it to feks. another drive/folder to save your

presious space, it for some odd reason wont work!

You have to install TP totally DEFAULT and only AFTER installation you can thru your proxyuser.ini file define another path to your cache file for your tiles.

For eksample :

You want you tiles to go to your H:\ drive

Then make a folder on your H:\ drive and call it "TP Cache".... for example

Then open up your proxyuser.ini file and set it up like :

Service Example 1"cache_folder=H:\TPCache\cache.service1"

I would recommend you to reinstall TP from scratch razz1 .... just go thru the installation totally default....and then afterwards try this little trick and see if that dosent help you.

Dont give up ...i mean ...NEVER give up ....it`s not an option razz1 :D, you will get this working....! you are closer than you know ..so hang in there :)

Jim,

Well, I used the Driver Signature Enforce override program and it 'said' that

the "tileproxy system" file was signed. Then I rebooted and after having uninstalled FileProxy Beta 8

with Revo Uninstaller which thoroughly wipes the computer clean of the program, I reinstalled it again with no "unsigned" error panel coming up to interrupt the install.

So far, so good, but sure enough when I hit "start Tileproxy" the "unsigned' error came up in the DOS sequence followed by the dreaded "press any key.."

Keep in mind, I had disabled UAC both in the registry "and" the slider along with disabling MS Security Essentials. So like I said, I don't know why it's not working on my system. :Confused:

BINGO! Between the two of you, I've got it working! :Party:

After I followed Viking's suggestion, I followed Jim's and booted up with F8. And it worked.

Thanks again guys. And now that I have your ear(s) I would like to know which number is the most detailed files? 17, 15, 14, etc.?

One more thing, since the landscape is now all 'tiles' do I need to address global texture, scenery complexity, mesh resolution et al? I currently have all of these on low with no autogen density. And I have my Target Frame rate on 30. Is all that okay?

Hi razz1 :hi:

So glad to hear you got it working, and your so welcome. :good:

Thanks a lot also goes out to you JSkorna for pitching in here. :good:

When it comes to setting up TP you really have to start reading about it to get to grips with the inner working`s of TP.

I think i`ll post a few shots here i have lying around from my last setup with TP, so you get a feeling of what you just stepped into.

Here`s a few shots from Norway....!

i-jxSqqdK-M.jpg

i-vpcGLFJ-M.jpg

i-VhfpdCV-M.jpg

i-HNRh8QP-M.jpg

i-qtGvqV2-M.jpg

i wish you many many hours / days / weeks /....... of exploring our great blue marble, with this awsome proggie.

Cheers :hi: