Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

REX-Essential Plus

Hi,

Anyone else having this problem?

I've completed my purchase successfully and I'm advised that my delivery option is 'Instant Download'. However, none of the provided links are working! It may be that this is a temporary issue but I just wanted to make sure rather than waste time trying repeatedly to get each of the links to cooperate.

Mike

Hello Mike,

This is caused by the huge demand (and probably the size of the file as well); servers simply cannot cope. I'm afraid the only option is to wait for a few days.

Regards,

Rene

I use internet download manager and the global CDN link, first the download was slow at 150-200kbps, then eventually the speed increase to 1.2-2mb.

Took me about 45mins approx to complete file at 0200hrs GMT. They all work but you have to keep trying.

I used the torrent on REX page...it worked great - d/l speeds were very very good. I could never connect to the "cloud" or other sites. They just put the torrent up this am.

Good luck,

cthiggin

Okay, thanks everyone. I guess I'll just have to be patient :(

All credit to Tim and his team for creating such huge demand for such a wonderful product!

I'll check out the torrent.

Regards,

Mike

Yea, guess I beat the crowd as I sneaked in just when I got the email. Took some six hours to download, ha! I'll have to do some comparing between it and Opus to decide which way I want to go. But I already think I know which way I am leaning.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Not having a good day...lol

I've installed BitTorrent and haven't a clue what to do next He%20He.gif

I searched on the REX site for the torrent but have come up empty so far. Helping hand needed for the old guy, please!

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, as reported on our forum there was an issue with the file byte count on the server. We are propagating the servers with the new file. I'm very sorry for the confusion and/or problem folks have experienced.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Tim,

I downloaded the file yesterday, and it seemed to be all right. It installed successfully. If we downloaded the file prior to today, should be download this new file posted today?

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

The "torrent" is just below the 3 sites plus the Amazon server.

Click torrent - download the zip....unzip - drag the torrent to the desktop. Start torrent program like "Torrent2" which is free. In the torrent, select open, move to the torrent file saved to desktop, highlight it,

select - the torrent will "move" to your torrent program, click start, and the download will start.

Worked great for me when the other sites were bogged down.

Good luck,

Tom

Hi Tim and Tom,

Thanks. Success! The German server allowed me in last night just as i was about to give up - d/l took 3-4 hours, but digestIT 2004 matches the checksum so all is well :)

Regards,

Mike