Sign in to follow this  
ridge57

Panel never seems to load the same way twice ?

When normally loading the airplane, the VC panel starts and the Initializing countdown starts from 20 to 0. The airplane automatically starts engines and is ready to program the FMC. Everything appears to operate as it should.

About every other time, the airplane is loaded in what appears to be, cold and dark. The Initialization countdown from 20 to 0 never occurs. I haven't found the cold and dark checklist to try and see if I can start from this point, I just usually reboot the PC and the next time I load the airplane, it comes up normally with engines running.

Is this normal and is there a way I can get it to start the same way every time ?

Thanks, Lee

When normally loading the airplane, the VC panel starts and the Initializing countdown starts from 20 to 0. The airplane automatically starts engines and is ready to program the FMC. Everything appears to operate as it should.

About every other time, the airplane is loaded in what appears to be, cold and dark. The Initialization countdown from 20 to 0 never occurs. I haven't found the cold and dark checklist to try and see if I can start from this point, I just usually reboot the PC and the next time I load the airplane, it comes up normally with engines running.

Is this normal and is there a way I can get it to start the same way every time ?

Thanks, Lee

Have you loaded another plane before loading the NGX?

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Yes, I have a program called FSDiscover and it will not load unless I load a default aircraft first, then start FSDiscover, then switch over to the 737 NGX.

Check out page 21 of PMDG 737NGX Introduction.pdf

Might explain it

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

OK, I have the default Ultralight at Friday Harbor when I startup FSX. I have been changing the location to the airport I'm flying out of and changing the time to current then loading it, starting FSDiscover, then changing the plane to the 737NGX.

So if I understand correctly, the first thing I need to do is change to the 737NGX, change my location and time and then click Fly Now.

I guess I just won't be able to use the FSDiscover program. Is that correct ?

Thanks Lee

Slight mix up here…

Changing from the default aircraft to the NGX is no problem if you’re doing it before the sim is loaded in the FSX free flight screen.

If you change aircraft while the sim is running (Say at the gate) you might get problems in the NGX

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10