Sign in to follow this  
newtie

FXAA questions

Hi-

I've downloaded FXAA and have a few questions. I've got it installed, set FXAA toggle on in Inspector, and don't really notice much difference. How do you know it's working? Is thre a keyboard command to toggle on/off?

Thanks,

Mark

The Pause/Break key (might be near the PrtScrn key) should be the toggle.

If it's not working, make sure AntiAliasing is unchecked in your FSX settings, and if you're using Nvidia Inspector, make sure that FXAA is enabled as described in this post: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/387313-fsx-realistic-night/page__st__50#entry2489167

Barry Friedman

Thanks, Barry. I'll check it out when I get home. Do I disable my 8XS AA in inspector and set to application controlled (I'm not at my computer right now so can't say definitively what that setting might be).

Mark

Hi Mark,

I actually don't use the AA in FXAA injector, and only use it for the other effects, so I leave the AA settings in inspector to 8xS. My guess is you want to leave the AA mode in inspector to override application setting but then turn AA off in inspector if you want to use the AA in the FXAA module. Might also want to ask in the thread I linked above.

Barry Friedman

Hi Mark,

I actually don't use the AA in FXAA injector, and only use it for the other effects, so I leave the AA settings in inspector to 8xS. My guess is you want to leave the AA mode in inspector to override application setting but then turn AA off in inspector if you want to use the AA in the FXAA module. Might also want to ask in the thread I linked above.

Just got home and will check it out, thanks!

Works perfect.

I'm at KLAS right now in the PMDG 737.

Airport is VERY dark. Is there a slider that can improve this?

Airport is VERY dark. Is there a slider that can improve this?

Maybe the exposure and gamma sliders in the tonemap tab of FXAA tool?

Barry Friedman

Has anybody got any settings they would be kind enought to share ?

Thanks Paul

Maybe the exposure and gamma sliders in the tonemap tab of FXAA tool?

I'll try it. I couldn't find anything on the net regarding what all the settings do. Any suggestions?