Sign in to follow this  
russianspd

Turbulence question

Just to make sure and clarify, that unless I create a live camera or camera view that there is no way for me to get turbulence effects when running the OPUS weather engine correct?

Correct. I was sceptic at first letting the camera handle the turbulence effects, but after I tried It I kinda liked the camera shaking more than the effects REX created.

If I could make a camera setting featuring the wingview of the NGX I will be 100% set. Any ideas on how to get that? It says in the manual if's an external aircraft view aside from the interior cockpit views right?

If you want to see the wing from the outside then it is an external aircraft view. Just position the view wherever you want off the wing tip.

What about the way to see the wing from the inside from a passenger perspective? I tried using DBS Walk and Follow and EZDok but the only way I could get the view I wanted was externally which prevented me from having the internal soundset of the aircraft. Don't particularly want to hear the outside of my plane the entire flight just to have a wing view react to turbulence.

I made a quick camera view with a key command and when I did so I could get the internal sound and the view I wanted, however, I had the inside shell of the aircraft bleeding through the view. I assume this is from the view being partially external where if I zoomed back it would conflict with the frame of the aircraft?

If being in VC with the view retains the internal aircraft sound set that will work for me. I just had the bleed in from the aircraft shell that was flickering in and out of the view.

I'm not sure if there is a way around this with the way FSX works. What aircraft were you using? I will try some camera views myself tomorrow.

Regards

Cheryl

The best view I could get of the left wing from the inside was an aircraft type view since the VC view didn't have enough of the aircraft model data to see the wing.

My settings were,

Server_Camera_numbered_arrows_cap_left%20wing.jpg

737wing.jpg

I did notice the passenger windows occasionally popping in and out during flight so you may have to move out along the wing a bit. Not sure if you could get the cockpit sounds some other way.

Cheryl

Got a Q about the turbulece. What determines the severity and duration on the aircraft and in FS? Will I be getting constant turb or will I actually receive calm skies where they are calm?

If you are using our Live Camera views for turbulence effects then the effects are generated depending on many factors, the weather, aircraft engine power, gear status etc. So in calm skies you will get vibration effects from the engine (if this option is configured) and if the met conditions dictate also turbulent bumps.

Regards

Cheryl