Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Ezdok with the NGX

I wasn't one hundred percent sure where to put this topic - just bought Ezdok Camera for FSX to use with the NGX. I've read the manuals but the following I'm not understanding and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction;

1. When you move around the flight deck & the exterior with the arrow keys - plus moving up and down with the PageUp&Down commands on the keyboard; how do you do that so when you hit the left arrow the ailerons don't move to the left or pressing page down and the reverse thrust doesn't come on?

2. How to look around the flight deck when you have "ML" mode not selected? If I try to look around via the space key or my switch on my joystick it just centers the viewpoint everytime I try. Do you have to use the ML mode to look around?

Cheers,

Luke

Disregard Q1 sorry!

Hi Luke,

So disregarding Q1, we'll move onto Q2.

How EZdok works is hat it pretty much just positions your virtual "head view" with the arrow keys and Page up or Page down. If you want to look around, you will need to enable Mouse Look, or ML. As I have a TrackIR5 with EZdok, I only use the ML with external views and use the TrackIR for all internal cockpit views.

Hope that answeres your question.

Hi Luke,

How EZdok works is hat it pretty much just positions your virtual "head view" with the arrow keys and Page up or Page down. If you want to look around, you will need to enable Mouse Look, or ML. As I have a TrackIR5 with EZdok, I only use the ML with external views and use the TrackIR for all internal cockpit views.

Steve,

I understand now; I remember seeing that in the settings. Will play around with it tomorrow! Thank you :-)

Remember the middle mouse button,

Disable all the num keys.

Set up a shortcut for the VC. [This is a MUST]

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I have found that I prefer EZDOC without TrackIR on my 4-screen flight sim PC. This because I found that head movement around my 7 screens on 3 PCs (including my 2-screen office PC; and laptop running EFB, ServInfo and nDAC) caused TrackIR to go crazy.

So I sold my TrackIR and am extremely happy with my flying in 3D only with EZDOC, and very much looking towards v2.

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hi Luke,

Ah okay - I was watching this video;

I saw how he was moving around, clicking a button and the screen wouldn't move with his mouse any more. Do you need TrackIR for that or?

Hi again Luke,

So like I mentioned, I generally turn mouse look off in the cockpit so that I can use my mouse for clisking buttons, etc. Unfortunately I can't watch YouTube at work so havent't seen this video, but what I find works well for me is haveing specific internal views setup in EZdok so that I use the number keys at the top ofmy keyboard, or a combination of the number keys with either Shift or Ctrl to switch between views. With most of these keys I've disabled mots of the head movement effects to be able to press the buttons, especially while flying through a bit of turbulence. A good example of this would be the view that I've setup for the FMS.

I would be more than happy to share my EZdok views with you. Just PM me your email address.

Disable all the num keys.

]

For us poor guys who dont have a yoke (ie, using the keyboard), how to you control pitch/roll, etc? With the arrow keys to the left of the nmbr keys?

There's a button somewhere in the settings that I use. It's something like spacebar emulator or something like that. I've got that bound to my middle mouse button click (not scroll). It just treats whatever key binding you want as a spacebar push allowing you to look around!

As said multiple times in this thread, you can click the middle mouse button for mouselook. To be able to look around with your hatswitch you have to unmap all the view hotkeys in your fsx settings. This is explained in EZCA's manual. I would very strongly recommend you to read the manual, especially when you run into a problem

vatsim s3

1133704.png

For us poor guys who dont have a yoke (ie, using the keyboard), how to you control pitch/roll, etc? With the arrow keys to the left of the nmbr keys?

You should really get a joystick when flying on flight simulator. There is little excuse with the wide range of products on the market/

Alex Ridge

You should really get a joystick when flying on flight simulator. There is little excuse with the wide range of products on the market/

My excuse is that paying my mortgage takes priority...lol

I'll probably buy a yoke and rudder pedals very soon. Still debating Saitek vs CH.

I'll probably buy a yoke and rudder pedals very soon. Still debating Saitek vs CH.

Saitek Pro Joystick :)

Alex Ridge

Hi Ron

I just picked up a used Saitek X52 (not the "pro" edition) for £40 on eBay and it's absolutely fantastic, perfect for my needs.

Seperate throttle and joystick units, loads of buttons to customise all of the EZDok views. Can't imagine going back to my old logitech stick with 8 buttons!