Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

Ezdok with the NGX

Hi Ron

I just picked up a used Saitek X52 (not the "pro" edition) for £40 on eBay and it's absolutely fantastic, perfect for my needs.

Seperate throttle and joystick units, loads of buttons to customise all of the EZDok views. Can't imagine going back to my old logitech stick with 8 buttons!

That's not bad, you make me want to upgrade from my Logitech as well.

Also, for anyone who loads up the 737NGX after installing Ezdok and wonders where on Earth to begin setting up their views, I found a good set here that it might be worth using as a starting point:

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/737/737ngx-ez-camera-setup/

Actually, I was thinking of an actual yoke instead of a joystick. From what I've read the Saitek "feels" more realistic but had problems with sticking. Not sure if that's still an issue, though. No idea which rudder pedals to buy, but I would guess both companies are pretty much equal there.

Actually, I was thinking of an actual yoke instead of a joystick. From what I've read the Saitek "feels" more realistic but had problems with sticking. Not sure if that's still an issue, though. No idea which rudder pedals to buy, but I would guess both companies are pretty much equal there.

I have both the CH and Saitek yokes and I use the Saitek.

I have never had a problem with the Saitek sticking.

My CH is on the shelf waiting for me to convert it into a Helicopter Control.

There is a big difference when it comes to rudder pedals.

I use the CH but I don't really like them.

I am going to replace them with the Saitek Combat Pedals when I finally get mad enough to spend another 200 dollars on this damn Money Pit called FSX.

Dale " Gypsy Pilot " Evans