Sign in to follow this  
airbusa346

FSX forgets flight plan information

Hi there

I am trying to fly from Johannesburg to New York. When I create a flight plan I select the 'high altitude airway' option and click on 'find route' to see what way points etc I will fly. Everything goes according to plan until I save the flight. After a while when i want to load the flight to continue with it, the route indicator line(red line) on the GPS display goes missing, which means that the plane is 'lost' and has to be guided by die ATC the whole time. When I go to 'world' and open up the 'map' option I see that all the flight plan information went missing. When I go to my FMC I also see the all the flight plan info I entered in went missing. What can the cause of this be? this happen with all the default flights as well as add-ons that I use.

Regards

If it's an IFR flight, this is not possible. You will have to make a separate flight plan for each leg of the flight. For more information, on the FSX Menu, click on Flights>Load>>>Help.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim, thanks for assiting, even when I fly direct GPS i still get the same problem where if i load the saved flight the flight tracking path(red line) is missing. Looking at the GPS display, there is still some information that is missing such as the time it takes until the flight is completed, and there is also a lot of info that goes missing in the nav log. This all happens only when I load the saved flightplan, but when I ceate a new one, there are no problems, quite complicated

It's the way it it is. To the best of my knowledge FS does not save progress relative to the flight plan.

Good Day

I will present a series of screenshots to show what problem I am sitting with, hopefully someone can help me with this

file.php?id=166220&t=1

file.php?id=166219&t=1

file.php?id=166218&t=1

file.php?id=166217&t=1

file.php?id=166216&t=1

Screenshot 1 shows me creating a IFR flightplan using 'high altitude airway'

screenshot 2 shows the navigation log of the flight that has been created

screenshot 3 shows the GPS display with all the information of the flight

I then go on to save the flight in the flight simulator X flights folder

then it all changes... when I want to load the flight to continue to fly the created flight plan, the following appears

screenshot 5 shows the navigation log with all or most of the info missing

screenshot 6 shows the GPS display without the white tracking line or flight path the plane follows

I reinstalled the game but to no avail this problem does not want to go away. Please excuse the order in which the photo's was attached it has been added in a backwards order from screenshot 6 - 1

Edited by firehawk44
Duplicate post within a post. I deleted the second post.

Yes, as I explained above, you have to make a flight plan for each segment of your flight (exactly as above for the first segment of your flight. You cannot do what you are asking (you did a good job showing exactly what you are doing). It specifically states this in the help file I asked you to look at in my #2 post. You can only fly one whole flight plan. You cannot stop it midway by saving the flight and then starting the same flight at the point where you saved it. Impossible. On long 8 hour flights, some here start the flight up at night before bedtime, place it on AP and go to bed. In some aircraft, you can program the settings in the FMC to have the flight stop at Top of Descent (TOD). When they wake up, they simply continue the flight or finish it.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I know this post is almost a year old but the information here is incorrect from my experience.

Create the flight plan

Start the flight and follow the flight plan

If you want or need to stop the flight and resume at some other time you must

Cancel the flightplan with atc THEN save the flight

Then next time you start, open the saved flight, start flying, load the flight plan, contact atc to approve, then when it asks if you want to move the aircraft to the start location , click no.

You should be able to continue on with your flight and the flight plan. I've done this many, many times.