Sign in to follow this  
VPA481

Livery & Fuel over consumption bug

Hi everyone,

After so many happy hours on the NGX, I suddenly met a twilight zone problem.

I use 99% of the time the B738 with Transavia livery. Last night, I installed the ASA & RAM ones, set up looked fine, PC restarted.

I created a flight from the gate with the ASA one, entered data in the FMC as usual, fuel quantity among them (never ran out ot it). FMC suddenly indicated: "not enough fuel". Well, I recalculated: no mistake. Started the flight, initial climb, cruise level. I had a look at the fuel in tanks: it was decreasing dramatically, so fast that 25% would have been missing to reach destination. I therefore stopped the flight.

I closed FSX, re-ran it, created the same flight, but this time with RAM livery: SAME problem. Riiiiiight.

Closed again; re-ran, same flight with TRA livery: no problem. Same with PMDG default livery.

Something looks corrupted, I even don't know if performance is linked to liveries, so any idea is welcome.

Cheers and happy flyings !

Check that the fuel is in pounds, not in kilograms. It by default it is pounds on the PMDG livery. I made this mistake with the VOZ livery a while back.

Oops, I even didn't think of that one, I will check tonite, thanks a lot for taking the time to answer, that might be the origin.

It is one of the things I hate in the aeronautic world, 2 weight units. It caused fatal or near to fatal errors, one unit used worldwide is sufficient, why using different units that could create confusion?

Regards

Andrea Daviero

why using different units that could create confusion?

I though that the US wanted to be different so they aren't going along with the kilogram path. That and we have more important things to worry about at the moment.

Most US airlines refuel in the US and if they refuel at a foreign airport they can tell the ground crew that they need more fuel.It would only create a problem if the US deciddes to go with KGs.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

It would only create a problem if the US deciddes to go with KGs.

No so much...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Canada_Flight_143

It is one of the things I hate in the aeronautic world, 2 weight units. It caused fatal or near to fatal errors, one unit used worldwide is sufficient, why using different units that could create confusion?

Same could be said for the areas using height in meters and pressure in mb. Then again, if someone says "altimeter 1008," versus "altimeter 29.77," it's a lot more obvious...

Kyle Rodgers

No so much...

http://en.wikipedia....nada_Flight_143

Same could be said for the areas using height in meters and pressure in mb. Then again, if someone says "altimeter 1008," versus "altimeter 29.77," it's a lot more obvious...

That problem of meters is only with russia and maybe few others.

In most of the countries it is given by law to use feets, nautical miles, knots, Mb and Inch Hg are quite difficult to misunderstand, but right, only one worldwide should be better.

The flight history demonstrated that putting fule in the wrong unit should cause possible fatal events.

The problem is not present in domestic flights, but are present for non domestic flights.

Thinking that a wrong refuel should be adviced by the crew, the maintenance and the fuel supplier it is wrong. Murphy's law are always present.

Tunintair ATR (other problem but still a fuel problem) crashed due to a wrong indicator, but, crew did not recognized that the fuel loaded, fuel used, fuel refilled, were different from the fuel onboard, they also didn't recognize a great difference in the weights at the take off.

The "Gimli Glider" B767 is one of the best examples of what I'm talking.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Hi everyone,

The "problem" was indeed the fuel unit diferrences between the companies. All is fine, thanks Ryan !