Sign in to follow this  
NicoS

Interrupting a long haul flight, what about real weather?

Hi guys,

Since I don't have the time to leave my flightsim running for hours on a long haul 777 flight, I would like to spread the flight over a few blocks of about 2 or 3 houres. (If only that would be possible in real life eh captains? ^_^ )

Now, I understand that the complete system status of the aircraft itself (including FMC?) can be saved. As for atc, I use PFE which also has a save function.

But what about weather? I use ASE of FSX built in weather. Is there a possibility to save a weather status for a whole flightplan, so my fuel calculations don't get messed up? How do you guys do this?

Thanks for any advice!

Kind regards,

Nico

If you are splitting flights up like that I don't think you can expect to have the same weather.

Just do the whole flight, splitting it up into stages is a tedious excercise

Just my 1.2 pennies

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Just fly shorter flights. There's a whole thread on the fact that 777s do shorter flights. This simism that Big Plane = Long Route needs to go.

As for weather, and to properly answer your question, if you slow down for a second and actually look at the program you paid for to do awesome things, you would've answered your question already:

sssssssssssssssss.PNG

Fourth button from the right, bright orange.

Kyle Rodgers

I agree with Kyle, I actually plan to replace my 767 flights that I used to do with the level d with the 777

I will probably replace all B747 flights with the B777 until the newer version of the B747 is released. While I love the McPhat Studios exterior textures, I often envy the graphics quality of the cockpit of the B737.

I do not think about weather and my time settings:

just set Active Sky to historic weather (sim time) and you have always the correct one. :P

(Just be sure to set to real time when flying online)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------