Sign in to follow this  
FlightSimDimm

DX10 Preview and Ultimate Traffic 2 - no traffic!

Is anyone running Ultimate Traffic 2 and the DX10 preview. When I run under DX9, traffic gets injected but under the DX10 preview there are no planes or AI traffic. I tried using the Addon ConverterX demo and nothing appears either.

Thanks,

Daniel

I use it since the beginning with complete version of addon converter and never had a problem. The planes itself are completely compatible with dx 10 but I also use WOAI planes and with the converter all runs without any problems.

Best

Christoph

Ultimate traffic 2 works fine with DX10 and you do not need to convert the textures using Addon Converter.

Trevor Golding

I think that this may have to do with the fact that with your dx10 setup, the path to the ut2 aircraft may be missing from your new fsx.cfg file. You can simply add this; you can look it up in your old dx9 fsx.cfg file if you made a backup :)

Best regards,

Alexander Rietveld

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\MyTrafficX or UT2

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

:lol: ...... been there!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I was missing the file as well and didn't see this post so I just re-ran the UT2 installer and it put everything right back where it should be.

On a side note, if you have A2A shockwave lights and UT2 this is a great set of files you can edit the AI aircraft.cfg files. It takes a few mins since there is no auto-installer but I just made sure to make a backup of the original prior to editing them. http://www.bleedair.de/ultimate-traffic-2-fsx.html

It's really cool now, prior to doing this I'd see really bright landing lights on my UT2 AI traffic, now I see their strobes and red/green nav lights plus their landing lights. Makes the game look even better! :Party:

On a side note, if you have A2A shockwave lights and UT2 this is a great set of files you can edit the AI aircraft.cfg files. It takes a few mins since there is no auto-installer but I just made sure to make a backup of the original prior to editing them. http://www.bleedair....ffic-2-fsx.html

It's really cool now, prior to doing this I'd see really bright landing lights on my UT2 AI traffic, now I see their strobes and red/green nav lights plus their landing lights. Makes the game look even better!

Thanks! Just did this and the UT2 & A2A lights at night with DX10 looks amazing!

Thanks! Just did this and the UT2 & A2A lights at night with DX10 looks amazing!

SWEET! I'm just glad someone else tried it, I was really impressed with how it improved my night AI traffic. :yahoo:

Thanks for this Gig! This is a great find, as lots of folks use UT2 traffic!

It is now included as part of the "How-To" doc, with thanks to yourself, and credit due given to bleedair.de.

I was missing the file as well and didn't see this post so I just re-ran the UT2 installer and it put everything right back where it should be.

On a side note, if you have A2A shockwave lights and UT2 this is a great set of files you can edit the AI aircraft.cfg files. It takes a few mins since there is no auto-installer but I just made sure to make a backup of the original prior to editing them. http://www.bleedair.de/ultimate-traffic-2-fsx.html

It's really cool now, prior to doing this I'd see really bright landing lights on my UT2 AI traffic, now I see their strobes and red/green nav lights plus their landing lights. Makes the game look even better! :Party:

I may have encountered one drawback. When the bloom is on, the AI lights in the sky look like pulsating orbs. I was flying around Seattle and it look like an alien invasion until I unchecked bloom. I wonder if the bloom can be tweaked?

It's in the "How-To" doc, Dan.

:smile:

It's in the "How-To" doc, Dan.

:smile:

Thanks Paul! Maybe you should rename it the "DX10 Bible". I am now a disciple of DX10 :)

I will experiment with the settings. It looks like the "fHdrModAlphaScale" variable affects the lighting the most according to Steve's Blog.

I may have encountered one drawback. When the bloom is on, the AI lights in the sky look like pulsating orbs. I was flying around Seattle and it look like an alien invasion until I unchecked bloom. I wonder if the bloom can be tweaked?

I don't have the light bloom checked on my settings. I'm not 100% sure what good it does. I do know I have my frames locked on 30. When I have light bloom checked I get around 15fps, when I have it unchecked I get a pretty constant 29.1.

So for me it stays unchecked.