Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

DX10 and Compatible Airports

The current shader capability DX9 versus DX10 can be easily judged using the FSDT CYVR Demo.

Although the framerates go down up to 14 (DX10) and 12 (DX9) in some high density local airport area, the smoothness in DX10 is the key.

If using the CYVR demo on top of FTX PNW don´t forget to deactivate the 4 corresponding files as mentioned in the ORBX compatibility forum here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/53085-pnw-compatibility-with-fsdt-cyvr/.

Wulf

I think you might want to make that URL again, Wulf.... I see two "?" mark symbols at the end of the line, and that usually means that it's broken.. :smile:

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

CYUL does not. There are some approach lighting issues and Static ground vechicles that dont work. You can disable the vechicles and there might be a fix for the lights but not sure.

I'm currently going thru all my addon airports of Orbx to find what works and what needs to be adjusted in the control panel. Impressively things are looking very good day and night. Once I have a complete list I will post my findings.

Ok so I went thru all of the Orbx NA fields I have and here are the results I found:

All these fields work perfect during the day and night but some might need the aircraft landing lights on for correct night lighting:

KORS, WA35, 74S, KBVS, WN51, WA56, 3W5, 2WA1, WA45, 1S2, 1WA6, WA79, WA7M, 7S3, PAKT, CYBD, CZST, KCMW, W38, S43, W16, 77S, OR57, OR49, KWYS, KFSS, 2S1, WA69, 2W3.

These airports required some features turned off in the control panel to work correctly:

1) 0S9 and 80WA need static aircraft turned off and you still have a small issue at 80WA with the picnic table and a plane in the hangar.

2) S45 you can only have grass on low

3) W52 must remove static aircraft

These are Day only:

KJAC due to a bright fence

OG39 has a grey tarmac

Finally CEN4 and CEJ4 which dont have a control panel have issues with static a/c and grass and I wont fly them in DX10 personally.

When I get a chance I will check out the Oz and NZ airports.

Hope this helps.

When I get a chance I will check out the Oz and NZ airports.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Ident, it helps alot!

I haven't bought the NA fields yet, now I know which ones not to buy :)

When you test out the OZ/NZ fields, let us know what you find. I've only flown out of non-ORBX lately so I havne't got to testing them.. busy testing the FlyTampa airports and patching what I can

I've given up on FlyTampa and DX10. Just gonna stick with DX9 when flying outside of Orbx. FlyTampa, FSDT and LLHinfo are my 3 main addon scenery developers for that and I dont have OOM or texture issues with them outside of Orbx regions.

Don't give up on FT yet, alot of their airports work.

I don't own any of their Canadian and some of their US airports, but I have the rest and tested them out yesterday. The results are better than I thought for many:

DX10 Fix Version: 3.2.2

An X means it passed the test, i.e. looks fine.

DAY PAPI NIGHT

VHHX X X X - looks amazing. Pick correct ground during install.

TNCM: X X X

SABA X X X

TFFJ X X FAIL

TVSB X X X

TVSM X X X

TVSC X X X

TVSU X X X

TGPZ X X X

KTPA X Square FAIL | PAPI Square is fixed when delete the file

OMDB X Square FAIL | PAPI Square is fixed when delete the file

LOWW X X FAIL(surface lighting broken, but grnd text is ok)

LGAV: X X FAIL(ground texture)

So I just know that I can't fly night time into their airports, unless it is Kai Tak or their Caribbean airports (except St Barts). I can live without the PAPI on those two that I removed it from.

What they have done with Kai Tak though, allowing SDK compatible ground textures during install would be the BEST option for them to do for all of them, Kai Tak looks spectacular at night with DX10!! I think I want to base myself there now

CEN4 Version 2 freeware from ORBX for NRM seems to work in DX10 now.

Yipee.

Peter

FlightBeam KSFO does NOT work at night with DX10, works fine under DX9.

I have DX10 3.2.2. patch/update installed, but sadly no go ... runway is all gray and surrounding shoreline is all gray. Otherwise it's a awesome during the day in DX10.

Flightbeam KPHX does not work in DX10 at Dusk, Dawn or night - the ground textures are either yellow or white.

In daytime, however this is one of the most awesome airports made, exceeding the magnificent FS9 airports put out by FlyTampa. Superb weathered textures, with a very high level of detail, blending very well with the surrounding scenery.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Hi,

No nighttextures at Aerosoft Mega Airport Amsterdam and RotterdamX, but these addons seem to be allright at daytime

PeterL

In another thread we found LatinVFR KSAN did not work at night.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

FlyTampa CYUL, SimWings(Aerosoft) PANC & PAFA owners:

There is a Traffic Tool exe/app for each scenery to enable DX10preview for the ground traffic. You do not need to disable your ground traffic in DX10 at these 3 airports, just check the DX10 Preview box and you are all set. These airports still might have other issues that can be turned off or avoid by not flying there at night but this will fix the ground traffic issue.

Hi,

do you know if fly tampa dubai (OMDB) is compatible ?

I've got - with DX10 - big red square or black instead of the lights in the daytime.

In addition, the night, the tracks are "dark" and had white blocks appear ...

In DX9, I do not have those problems.

thank you,
Bruno