Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

DX10 and Compatible Airports

I noticed FlyTampa Kai Tak has no runway lights at all at night.

Even in FSX native ground mode? The entire city has no ground poly at night. It's not useable in DX10 unfortunately unless you return to native mode.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Does imagine sim KATL work I'm based there with my VA and I'm bored with the stock scenery.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I know IS KDEN does during the day. Not tried it @ night. I took KATL off some months ago due to errors with it. (I don't mean the latest 2012 version)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Flightbeam KPHX does not work in DX10 at Dusk, Dawn or night - the ground textures are either yellow or white.

In daytime, however this is one of the most awesome airports made, exceeding the magnificent FS9 airports put out by FlyTampa. Superb weathered textures, with a very high level of detail, blending very well with the surrounding scenery.

Yea, real bummer on the Flightbeam airports. I recently bought KSFO and KPHX and they both don't support DX10 at night.

Besides the ground and runway textures that you mentioned, also the taxi lights don't work. Gray boxes appear.

KSFO is getting an V2 update late 2013 with DX10 support, i don't know about KPHX.

They both work with 3.2.1 and a little "fixin'", Mark as do the other airports mentioned here.

Also, testing DX10 Scenery Fixer v2.27 - all these airports and aircraft work quite properly, along with rain, water, all lighting (Orbx street lights, too), adjustable bloom, VC shadowing for current non-shadowed vc's, plus a few other things. For all intents and purposes - DX10 will be a reality in a short time.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I like the sound of that Paul !

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

They both work with 3.2.1 and a little "fixin'", Mark as do the other airports mentioned here.

Also, testing DX10 Scenery Fixer v2.27 - all these airports and aircraft work quite properly, along with rain, water, all lighting (Orbx street lights, too), adjustable bloom, VC shadowing for current non-shadowed vc's, plus a few other things. For all intents and purposes - DX10 will be a reality in a short time.

Hi Paul, i have 3.2.2 currently running, should I go back to 3.2.1?

And what do you mean by 'a little fixing'? Are the taxilights and ground textures fixable right now, or do you mean that I should wait for Steve's fixer app?

Check your pm's, Mark.

3.2.1 fixed most things, but didn't quite work the way Steve intended, and whereas I can't speak for Steve - the testing is at such an advanced stage, I think that the Fixer app will be released sometime in the next five - six weeks. The documentation is pretty good, the installation is simple enough, and Steve is now adding a couple of "extras", like a comprehensive lighting fix, adjustable bloom, etc..

The major issue has always been that scenery is not built in the same way that aircraft are, and so he has added a "bias slider", wihch gives one the ability to bias the Fixer in favour of scenery or aircraft, i.e. assume the scenery is all normal at night with the bias slider centered, to make a non-compliant aircraft work at night, you simply use that aircraft, move the slider to a position where the aircraft becomes "normal", and then you "tag" it, and then you move the bias slider back to it's normal "scenery" setting. It will remember the settings needed for that aircraft and apply them automatically, wherever the overall "bias slider" is.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Check your pm's, Mark.

3.2.1 fixed most things, but didn't quite work the way Steve intended, and whereas I can't speak for Steve - the testing is at such an advanced stage, I think that the Fixer app will be released sometime in the next five - six weeks. The documentation is pretty good, the installation is simple enough, and Steve is now adding a couple of "extras", like a comprehensive lighting fix, adjustable bloom, etc..

The major issue has always been that scenery is not built in the same way that aircraft are, and so he has added a "bias slider", wihch gives one the ability to bias the Fixer in favour of scenery or aircraft, i.e. assume the scenery is all normal at night with the bias slider centered, to make a non-compliant aircraft work at night, you simply use that aircraft, move the slider to a position where the aircraft becomes "normal", and then you "tag" it, and then you move the bias slider back to it's normal "scenery" setting. It will remember the settings needed for that aircraft and apply them automatically, wherever the overall "bias slider" is.

Can we get some screenshots  Paul?

Here are the cockpit shadows, but parts of the grey texture conversion were included in 3.2.1, similarly with the aircraft, and I've been making those available for over six months!

Steve's method of detecting the compatibility issues of aircraft and scenery simultaneously, separating them, and then making them work together - is what is new.

The examples I've shown have been FlightBeam's KSFO, and KPHX, FSDT's KLAX and LatinVFR's KSAN, plus some early shots of the FlyTampa St. Maartens (which has very poor runway lighting - even in DX9, with some almost FS9-standard ground textures) For the older FS9 airports I have used Bill Womack's KRDG (2003) Reading airport working fully and correctly within FSX-DX10, and also a converted version of FT KSEA and FlightZone's KPDX, (which worked quite flawlessly, and would be releasable if it were possible for me to create the southern and south-eastern part of the surrounding scenery (Orbx's "Portland" freeware). There are others tested by Steve himself, and more from another Beta tester, who has been, (to my knowledge) working with the European scenery's, such as those by Aerosoft. The aircraft I have used have been the Rick Piper freeware Chipmunk, the LH Maddog (early shots), the Dornier 27, the MAAM DC3, and most other aircraft that I have, simply ensuring that they do work in DX10. Here's Orbx;s EU Elstree, with a few of those old aircraft: This latter testing has been to ensure that it is possble to use various older, or non-compatible aircraft with various old or non-compatible scenery - and it is!

DX10, and also a converted version of FT KSEA and FlightZone's KPDX, (which worked quite flawlessly, and would be releasable if it were possible for me to create the southern and south-eastern part of the surrounding scenery (Orbx's "Portland" freeware).

Hi PJ - So does this mean we can use FlightZone KPDX with the new DX10 fixer and the Orbx PNW scenery together? 

You would have to decide what parts you want to keep, and what has to go, Dan - remember - the FlightZone02 was a "Zone" - not just an airport. I wanted only PDX, and Steve's patch - at the time - didn't do a complete conversion. I had to use some of the FSdeveloper tools (by Arno) to do some converting, and even that wasn't wholly successful. As mentioned elsewhere 90% of the PDX airport was convertable and worked - it was just some issues with 3 or 4 ground bgl's that drove me nuts, as I wanted the original ground textures to show. None of the other conversion "attempts" did this. It also takes a pretty good amount of work to get rid of the extra scenery around PDX, and then there's the issue of the Orbx scenery. PDX itself isn't a great biggee, but Orbx's "Portland" freeware is in there, and they both disagree on the airfield height: Orbx says it's 18 feet and FZ02 says it's 35 feet. I haven't tried disabling the PNW and reinstalling FZ02 as a complete standalone addon with Steve's latest Fixer. It might work. KRDG did, but that was much smaller.

I'll give it some thought....   

DDS New Yorks is compatible with DX10, KIAD doesnt work properly there are problems with lights.. Perhaps it can be fixed like we fixex ORBX Global ? Or small edits on lights ?

With Steve's fix most of the ORBX airports are ok but runways are still grey durin night. Did i make something wrong or it's normal that it's gray, fix doesnt cover this up  ?

Best Regards 

Latin VFR - Key West is not compatible with DX10, steve's fix doesnt solve light and building issues 

Regards

Just to make sure we don't confuse anyone when reading these posts, Alvarez - there are two methods of repairing FSX's DX10 component.

The first is the one which you and everyone else (except the beta testers) is using, is commonly known as "Steve's DX10 Patch" - not "Steve's Fix", and this patch is available free from Avsim. Each patch has added to earlier ones, and they do fix many - not all - of the visual issues with DX10. The patch does not fix the grey texture problems that many airports exhibit.

The soon-to-be-released application is commonly known as "Steve's DX10 Fixer" or "Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer". The "Fix" or "Fixer" repairs almost every problem that the group has found in all airports and scenery's that have exhibited problems, OK!

Thanks for the input on LatinVFR's Key West. I have L.VFR's SanDiego, and it's also not compatible, but the Fixer.... fixes it and the patch does not!