Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

DX10 and Compatible Airports

FSDT KLAS has grey runway lights especially the taxi line lights

:P Timothy Murphy

Kai Tak from Flytampa works fine, but during installation you must choose default textures for runways, taxiways, etc. and not high resolution ones. Flytampa's Vienna is absolutely incompatible.

Best

Christoph

Christoph, Flytampa KBOS as well is not compatible with the amazing DX10. Can`t leave without it.

My%20Signature.jpg

Paul, I think a good idea would be to start a google docs page and consolidate the information there. This way it's too inefficient, unless you concentrate everything in the first post. Google docs is probably better idea.

Well we certainly need a spreadsheet affair to get on top of it, Adi. I think it would be a great idea - Google docs is great - works a treat!  Now - would it it be too much to ask - would you like to take that on, with some interface whereby the entry could be made by a single administrator, (you, in you own time) and based upon the information supplied from a new pinned thread here. Zoolander had this system at the DigitalThemePark, when it came to PNW Routes Flown, and it worked very well - with everyone having read access to it, but only Zoo having Write access. We could then all track which was the next leg, or check how many miles/kilometers we'd flown, that sort of thing... What do you think?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

OK, Adi: well see how it works, then I'll make a sticky, with a pointer to it. There are not many airports that the Fixer won't make "OK", but I think that FT is a hold-out for old-school tech. They just don't want to do anything which might mean learning something new.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

It is not just FT airports, but many other airports having various issues under DX10.

So: One suggestion sure not a fancy one, but:

What about opening up not only one thread, but rather various developer and add-on dedicated/related threads, such as (just two examples):

DX10-FT-Airports/Sceneries

DX10-FSDT-Airports/Sceneries

and/or the same for aircraft as well.

Please do not get me wrong here, but even by now this thread has already got 80+ posts and i assume it will become much more in the future ahead.

If, however, dedicated 3rd party add-on threads were opened up and even made "sticky" it would most likely offer a better overview for developers and users alike.

Any issues and possible solutions could then be put into these dedicated threads and won't get lost.

Again:

I know, this ain't no "super new" idea/suggestion, but there are already quite a lot of questions (and replies) here at the forums in regards to various add-ons and DX10 but spreaded all over various DX10 threads and therefore often hard to find again or even overseen in the first place.

I know there are more important things that need to be fixed at the moment, but i also really think, that some better structured "support-overview" would make things much more easier and far more reliable for everyone.

Cheers, Christoph

FlyTampa are offereing a potential fix for their RWLights and PAPI lights in DX10 at OMDB Dubai!

EDIT:

Not so much of importance anymore what i previously wrote ...

I have not tried it yet, but i think it is certainly worth to get it - Great to see FlyTampa reacting that positively here in regards to fixing potential issues in DX10 at OMDB!

http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=6364

Maybe - maybe - other FT-airports will also get fixed in regards to DX10 compatibility - would be super great!

For now there really seems to be good hope for OMDB at least though!

Super!

... after i found this thread here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/421844-flytampa/#entry2806916

Cheers, Christoph

P.S.: Asking again:

Is there going to be a more structured "overview" in regards to information regarding DX10 and various add-ons possible here in the forums or is it to much effort?

Please do not get me wrong here.

But there are just so many various threads already ... and valuable information can really get lost or overseen easily, which, if all would be some more structured, might not be the case.

No worries, i am asking one last time here, because a more structured DX10 subforum requires precious time and resources and sure it does work as it is now as well, so ... no need to go any further.

On the other hand and generally spoken though, and as we all know:

Things can always be improved. :wink:

Cheers, Christoph

FSDT KLAS has grey runway lights especially the taxi line lights

Someone reported FSDT KLAS was fine, but I am also having the same issue with the runway/taxiway lights at KLAS. Other than this, it looks OK so far.

UPDATE: Just saw that FSDT KORD has this problem. Legacy slider all the way to the left fixes this.

LatinVFR's KMIA (Miami International Airport) is now looking good at night (and Dusk/Dawn) with the new DX-10 Fixer.  

Alexander Alonso

Has anyone tried out Aerosoft's PANC, Anchorage and PAFA, Fairbanks in DX10?

Do they and all their features work properly?

Cheers, Christoph

After the initial euphoria comes the reality that there's still much to fix and it is getting complex fast. Cloud 9 Bergen is still my most used airport but has ultra shiny white buildings in DX10, with the fixer installed. Any suggestions please ?

Hi Steve,

Any time of day and in all slider positions. I'm not optimistic :-)

EDIT: I tried it late at night and terminal textures didn't seem so bad, but still brighter than I remember. The buildings are a sort of off white anyways, but in DX10 they appear brilliant white.

Nor me I am not really involved in the day. Sounds like a fsx sdk airport. I have seen an issue with one plane that used bloom mod alpha and became very white.